What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

Take out the tigers game and panthers games which were just bullshit performances, we have been outcoached in every other loss.

Some very odd player rotation choices at crucial times. Sticking with some mud for the past month.

How much longer until some changes to the starters at the very least happens
We don't have anyone worth bringing in, we produce next to nothing of promising young players and are content to have about 27 squad fillers instead

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I still trust, but something that’s starting to annoying me is how in a lot of the press conferences after losses he says something along the line of “it was a good contest there for a while, we were going back and forth”, but he says it like it’s a great attribute and that it’s want people want to see. I don’t care about it being ‘a good contest’, I just want to be a consistent team that’s hard to beat

Frenzy.

Immortal
I still trust, but something that’s starting to annoying me is how in a lot of the press conferences after losses he says something along the line of “it was a good contest there for a while, we were going back and forth”, but he says it like it’s a great attribute and that it’s want people want to see. I don’t care about it being ‘a good contest’, I just want to be a consistent team that’s hard to beat
Yesterday's was an exercise in running out cliches and putting lipstick on the pig. Wouldn't fit the woke culture for Fitz to come out with a public slamming. He knows the players are too fragile to take that sort of grown man treatment.

1. 3 years in and the side STILL can't set up properly for a field goal. Kickers can't find space to get a decent shot away and the clown in 9 is a sure bet to give phuqued service.

15. Softcocks

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Yesterday's was an exercise in running out cliches and putting lipstick on the pig. Wouldn't fit the woke culture for Fitz to come out with a public slamming. He knows the players are too fragile to take that sort of grown man treatment.

1. 3 years in and the side STILL can't set up properly for a field goal. Kickers can't find space to get a decent shot away and the clown in 9 is a sure bet to give phuqued service.

15. Softcocks

2. Leaving the starting props on WELL after their used by date

3. Not being able to coach the terrible indiscipline out of us, or at least how to defend the inevitable penalties and six agains we consistently give away

15. Softcocks

16. Profit?

Craigshark

First Grade

I was going to post similar.. “it was a really good game to watch blah blah..” yeah fantastic game to watch as a sharks fan. Not sure we were watching the same game at times.

DJDL

Bench
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the bench rotation.
With 15 minutes to go, and the game in the balance, the two most damaging players, Sifa and Royce, are getting splinters.

Two interchanges left so what does he do?
Brings on Toby, then Jack when he hooks Toby.

FMD.
The game was crying out for one of Sifa or Royce, if not both, to cut loose and that's rotation he makes?

If Royce is only good for 10 minute stints how's about giving him 10 either side of half time, as he currently gets, and then the last 10.
Surely that's not too much of an ask.

But if his fitness is not up to it, I'm sorry but that's a coaching issue.
The dude's been back since round 10, so there's no way he's not match fit.

As for Sifa, he was ok to play 80 minutes while Teig was out.
Why the need to rest him for half an hour?

It beggars belief.

R-15-3

Bench
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the bench rotation.
With 15 minutes to go, and the game in the balance, the two most damaging players, Sifa and Royce, are getting splinters.

Two interchanges left so what does he do?
Brings on Toby, then Jack when he hooks Toby.

FMD.
The game was crying out for one of Sifa or Royce, if not both, to cut loose and that's rotation he makes?

If Royce is only good for 10 minute stints how's about giving him 10 either side of half time, as he currently gets, and then the last 10.
Surely that's not too much of an ask.

But if his fitness is not up to it, I'm sorry but that's a coaching issue.
The dude's been back since round 10, so there's no way he's not match fit.

As for Sifa, he was ok to play 80 minutes while Teig was out.
Why the need to rest him for half an hour?

It beggars belief.
I’d be starting Hunt at lock and told to go full tilt till he is done then bring captain McInnes on then Hunt can have a good long rest and come back for a mid second half stint at front row to lift tempo when needed. McInnes can play 65+ straight to finish the game.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I’d be starting Hunt at lock and told to go full tilt till he is done then bring captain McInnes on then Hunt can have a good long rest and come back for a mid second half stint at front row to lift tempo when needed. McInnes can play 65+ straight to finish the game.
I like this idea. It's outside the box and would probably work.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'd also like to see more Sifa hit ups into Royce hit ups.

I'd also like to see Hynes get off the blind side if he has to use those 30/5 kicks. The short side is too cramped for him. The left side chasers may be marginally faster for the chase as well. May also open up more chances for Ronnie to contest that kick, even if it's not what is designed for.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I personally don’t give a flying f**k what he says in the presser. I’m not interested in him being controversial or having a whinge like a Stuart or Robbo.

It’s in no one’s interest to call out players in the presser.

Make some comments, answer the questions and go discuss things in house

shaggs

Coach
I’d like to see talkai start at prop, with hunt at lock.
Open up the game with explosive power and then bring on McInnes and Williams to tie up the middle defensively.

Play Teindall on the right with a 7 on his back.
Tell Nicho to play wherever he wants and to run it with the first 5 touches.

8. Sifa
9. Brailet
10. Kaufusi (not real happy with this)
11. Wilton
12. Nikora
13. Hunt

14. williams
15. Mciness
16. BHU if he is ever available
17. Tuku

DJDL

Bench
I'm not holding out hope of BHU being ready any time soon.
Just had a look at his stats for the Jets yesterday and they're pretty underwhelming.
51 minutes for 9 runs and 91 metres (37 post contact), and 18 tackles.

That, folks, is a bludger.

Latest posts