What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

in homage to electronic music

keeney

First Grade
i know that most people here are fans of rock, and alot of disregarding is done of other genres. By electronic i dont mean faggoty trance or club music, i mean quality ambient and electronic music, the following is a list of terrific examples of artists

boards of canada
aphex twin
dj shadow
prefuse 73
daedelus
daft punk
bonobo
chemical brothers
RJD2
basement jaxx
squarepusher
crystal method

go out and broaden your horizons

keeney

First Grade
i knew id forgotten some,

also,

portishead
aim
UNKLE

some good music there illa

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Good thread, unfortunately most people who aren;t really into the electronic music scene get a biased idea of electronica due to the god-awful shite that tends to get in the charts under the guise of dance music, the sort of crap peddled by people like Cher and DJ Sammy that you're far more likely to hear in a gym than in any respectable club. Its a shame because most of the artists you guys name are brilliant. I'll add the following

Jeff Mills
Derrick May
Laurent Garnier
Pitch Black
Salmonella Dub
Concord Dawn
GGFH
Carl Cox (big black Cox!!)

keeney

First Grade
thats exactly my point, people believe that all electronic music has be all technoy and gimpish, most ppl who like good electronic music hate trancey bullshit

keeney

First Grade
:lol: i was trying ot stray away from club music, but ppl like carl cox and benny benassi get mentioned, its ok, but i really thinks its a different sub genre, the majority in here is ambient electronic

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Nik Fish is f*cking horrible, but I suppose he sounds alright if you're 18 and pilled up to your eyeballs at Sublime at 3am on a saturday morning. I just don't get most of the hard trance these days though, sure it's hard but there's bugger all trancey about it, it just sort of bangs on incessantly.

millersnose

Post Whore
portishead are very much a musicians band

do they qualify as "electronic" on the basis the have a scratcher?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
millersnose said:
portishead are very much a musicians band

do they qualify as "electronic" on the basis the have a scratcher?
I'd count Portishead as electronic, they use a lot of programmed stuff along with live vocals and instrumentation. Don't they generally get labelled as "trip hop" by people who feel a need to label everything?

Latest posts