What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

Generalzod

Immortal
Mike Nesmith, member of The Monkees has passed away of natural causes aged 78.

Mike is probably best remembered by the fact his mother was the inventor of Liquid Paper.

Besides featuring in all the Monkees songs Mike also had solo hits, his biggest were Rio and Joanne. Mikes death leaves Micky Dolenz as the only surviving member of the group,

RIP Mike, i actually had a tear in my eye watching the report on Ten news, Ten actually did a good report on his passing.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Steve Bronski from Bronski Beat has passed away when was trapped in a house fire in London, Bronski had previously had a stroke so wasn't mobile and became trapped in the fire. He was 61.

Bronski Beat contained Steve Bronski, Jimmy Sommerville and Larry Steinbachek then in 1985 Jimmy Sommerville left he was replaced by John Foster.

Bronski Beats biggest hits were Small Town Boy, Why and Hit That Perfect Beat.

Wizardman

First Grade
The last remaining of The Golden Girls and also the last remaining main member of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, damm it Betty i wish you have made 100 after such a colourful and exciting life.

Rest in peace Rose Nylund and Sue Ann Nivens
An absolutely typical way to end 2021. I have no shame in saying I loved The Golden Girls as a kid. Very funny show. Betty White was a legend. Rest in peace.

Parra

Referee
The last remaining of The Golden Girls and also the last remaining main member of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, damm it Betty i wish you have made 100 after such a colourful and exciting life.

Rest in peace Rose Nylund and Sue Ann Nivens

I'd forgotten Mary Tyler Moore was gone. Great TV show. Pioneering and still relevant.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Very sad to hear this -

Yes it is very sad, was just walking out the door to work this morning and this came up on the news. The first Black man to win an Oscar for Best actor, such a great loss.