What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In what direction is the universe expanding?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
@The Silverdale Phantom I think you are getting into Elon Musk territory now. (ie) if we accept we could develop technology so advanced that you could not tell the difference between reality and a simulation, then there is almost zero chance we are not living in a simulation.

Every thing we know points to the big bang theory. And this includes that immediately prior to that instant the laws we understand did not apply at all. Therefore we know no further. Multiverse? There is nothing to suggest so. Interesting idea though.
Stephen Hawking's last paper provided a pathway to understanding the multiverse theory. It has expanded the area of study significantly.

Think of it like you're looking back in time. When you look at the stars at night, that light has taken up to billions of years to reach you. In many cases you're looking at something that may no longer exist.

We say that about the Tigers pre season form, the image of the team is still around for the season proper, but the effort shown in the trial matches remains too elusive to prove to that it ever actually existed. A hologram?

In your Hawking buddy article, there’s a proposition that the our laws of physics may not apply in a multiverse, but how can we know that if we’ve used our physics to work it out? Our version might not apply, therefore multiverse theory wrong or endangered or it may be really be right and the proposition that it doesn’t apply elsewhere wrong. A bit of a worry.

Last edited:
One smart cookie Mr Hawking.

Yeah.

But plenty of folk have used their genius to kill and maim.

The f**kers who developed poison gas in ww1.

Some argue the nuclear bomb scientists should have stopped after Germany was defeated. No need to nuke Japan, she was done and dusted.

Pissed their intelligence up against the wall.

Can’t say that about ‘Hawko’ LL buddy.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It either expands over billions more years to nothing but blank silence, or it contracts and goes bang again.

In the mean time we have to leave this rock and find another.

We have ruined this rock, that is ok, find another.
And wreck that one too.

If the aliens have visited, you’d have to wonder why we still exist.

What do we have to offer the universe?

We do we always have to look at it from our perspective?

Although we could be a hologram.

Per the earths great eras, this human era has to end one day too.

If the human population wipes itself out, we could have a cockroach or bug age to start again.

Maybe by natural selection our descendants won’t develop the means to destroy themselves again.

If Darwin was right, how come we can destroy ourselves?

That’s survival of the unfittest.

Just pondering, avoiding work!

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
And wreck that one too.

If the aliens have visited, you’d have to wonder why we still exist. Although we could be a hologram.

Per the earths great eras, this human era has to end one day too.

If the human population wipes itself out, we could have a cockroach or bug age to start again.

Maybe by natural selection our descendants won’t develop the means to destroy themselves again.

If Darwin was right, how come we can destroy ourselves? That’s survival of the unfittest.
Haven’t you seen Prometheus the Aliens where to come to earth and wipe the human race out lol

Haven’t you seen Prometheus the Aliens where to come to earth and wipe the human race out lol
Robbing us of that great honour would amount to a great disservice to world history and the human epoch overall.

Tis our destiny under current world management to exterminate ourselves and I believe we shan’t be denied.

Darwin was wrong, otherwise we wouldn’t be here.

Except maybe @soc123_au -He’d be the last person standing to represent the entire human race to the Prometheus Alien thingy with a smug grin on his face in his Panther jersey.

If this is the moment that defines our whole human epoch, our last human hurrah in the whole of the eternal universe …it’s not looking good!

Last edited:
I'm only a beginner in astrophotography but here is my set up the raspberry pi controlling the Stellarmate os which will control my mount and automatically track and take pictures of nebulai across the universe.Lets hope I can get some nice pictures it's all trial and error now...
That’s a sweet rig.

I saw Saturn at Coonabarabran once and saw the rings. I think it’s made of gas and the whole show would float on water or something. Beautiful.

Driving home I wondered if old mate had just set up a slide or something and his kid had drawn it!

When you see it, it brings a lump to the throat.

These self consuming earthly matters, slide into total insignificance.