What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In what direction is the universe expanding?

This. My favourite old school si fi movies would include The Day The Earth Stood Still, The Monolith Monsters, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Day The Earth Caught Fire and the ultra classic Forbidden Planet.

None of those movies had ridiculous car chases, fist fights or gunfights. They were thought provoking at the least, brilliant at the best.

Some later stuff is good as well. Event Horizon, Prometheus, Sunshine and the rarely mentioned deep and dark New Zealand made The Quiet Earth.
George Lucas tried to turn a space opera into a contemporary critique of us politics. Fair enough, but the damage was already done.

The Empire Strikes Back is total garbage.

2001? What say you LL?!

I was going to mention the term "space opera" in a previous post. The Star Wars movies have a relationship to genuine science fiction as a typical Italian opera such as Puccini's (?) "Madama Butterfly" does to Tool's "Aenima".

Chalk and cheese as they say.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to mention the term "space opera" in a previous post. The Star Wars movies have a relationship to genuine science fiction as a typical Italian opera such as Puccini's (?) "Madama Butterfly" does to Tool's "Aenima".

Bohemian Rhapsody would have been a better analogy

Ice Station Zebra
On the beach
My favourite Martian!

And many wonderful life lessons learnt from Mr Ed. I sent an email to Wilbur once and he got back to me. My brush with fame!

Mr Ed stands up today. It’s hilarious.

There’s the episode where Mr Ed is giving tips to Wilbur about the horse racing events next weekend.

Hes a wonderfully written and performed character.

Mr Ed’s voice actor was discovered in a club or something. One of the producers overheard him -an accidental audition.

That’s entertainment!

Mr Ed should have flown to the moon.

CF09D69E-E967-422B-A8C8-8EB961E1F0B0.jpeg
source: wide open spaces. com

Last edited:
A horse is a horse of course of course.....
I made my kids watch multiple re-runs of Mr Ed and Bewitched when they were little.

One has to transmit values to the youth.

None of them have been sentenced to gaol…yet.

They were also woken up and dragged outside to see Lunar eclipses:

DFF376BA-52E2-4A8A-BD84-AAF6AF7B23D6.jpeg
iPhone 1 or something.

2987C43B-D5A8-43BA-AFE0-E7EB9A962FC4.jpeg
Daughter pondering the universe. Lad behind her distracted.

He’s obviously catching up with the latest from comrade @stryker. He never misses a post, so long as it gets through dads filter (which is rare).

A further kid is missing. Better place her under arrest based on this evidence.

Last edited:

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Tarantula Nebula
Space is pretty 😍
4.jpg

link to full res

4K zoom in

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
Ok these are the first pictures I took on my telescope: using the ASIAIR plus with the skywatcher adventurer..
Ngc 1910 and The SMC
37A1F712-5EB6-4DC9-9833-7D4B29787030.jpeg
9F7E460A-6E8E-46E5-A35C-792DDC12B185.jpeg
I’ve still have lots to learn but polar aligning was a breeze with the ASIAIR plus, hopefully I will get to learn how to live stack, i felt I achieved something tonite…

Attachments

• AAF7B2D9-3519-4EDF-A0C7-4A17913E4F5D.jpeg
    AAF7B2D9-3519-4EDF-A0C7-4A17913E4F5D.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Parra

Referee
Ok these are the first pictures I took on my telescope: using the ASIAIR plus with the skywatcher adventurer..
Ngc 1910 and The SMC
View attachment 67403
View attachment 67400
I’ve still have lots to learn but polar aligning was a breeze with the ASIAIR plus, hopefully I will get to learn how to live stack, i felt I achieved something tonite…

You certainly did. Nice to get a clear night

Thanks lounge i followed bileduct recommendation and bought myself an equatorial mount Which has made taking pictures more easily..
CA871224-01F1-423A-834D-721317D2BB3F.jpeg
Ancient astronomers called this the ghostus maximus nebula!

In ye old horoscope, most Tigers fans and @soc123_au were born under this cluster.

As a personality type, we live in constant fear of contrails, black kittens and flashing police lights

Also dinosaur-phobic, and frightened of those giant lizard monitor things.

Beautiful images @Generalzod, thank you.

Latest posts