What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In what direction is the universe expanding?

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
I think space exploration and earth preservation should be key. My cosmopolitanism spans the known universe.

There are civilizations and planets out there. To think we are the only ones is very small minded.

I think humanity for the most part is very small minded and only care about ones self. I don't think we were supposed to be this way. I think we were all made to be a part of the ever exanding universe.

Aliens probaby look at us and think, these merkins are f**ked. Killing each other over dirt and other stupid shit like organized religion.

Religion is a faith based fallacy.

Generalzod

Immortal
I think space exploration and earth preservation should be key. My cosmopolitanism spans the known universe.

There are civilizations and planets out there. To think we are the only ones is very small minded.

I think humanity for the most part is very small minded and only care about ones self. I don't think we were supposed to be this way. I think we were all made to be a part of the ever exanding universe.

Aliens probaby look at us and think, these merkins are f**ked. Killing each other over dirt and other stupid shit like organized religion.

Ever watched Contact where Jodie Forster explaining about the universe to some kids.
“The universe...
...is a pretty big place.
It's bigger than anything...
...anyone has ever
dreamed of before.
So if it's just us...
...it seems like an
awful waste of space.
Right?”

Contact is such a great movie.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Ever watched Contact where Jodie Forster explaining about the universe to some kids.
“The universe...
...anyone has ever
dreamed of before.
So if it's just us...
...it seems like an
awful waste of space.
Right?”

Yeah I love that film. That is the kind of remakes we need, not f**ken ghostbusters or some stupid shit

Religion is ok, it’s what people do with it that f**ks it up.

Darwin proposed evolutionary explanations, but the most destructive of us are going well.

...anyone has ever
dreamed of before.
So if it's just us...
...it seems like an
awful waste of space.
Right?”

Yep it is.

I agree that the earth is probably a waste of space and uses up a bit too much room in the universe.

We haven’t had the courtesy to pick up our trash on close planets and the moon.

Hawking speculated that if Aliens exist, they might not be too friendly.

I just can’t see the point of an alien coming over here to draw a crop circle or to stick a probe up an American’s backside.

It could be a couple of juvenile greys having a laugh I suppose.

Last edited:
Just my take on temporal theory.

Say a 40 year old person has a 4 year old child. The 40 year old experiences one year as being 2.5% of their life.

Now the four year old experiences one year as being 25% of their life.

I'm sure time accelerates as you get older. Past events seem like yesterday.

For example, I swear COVID-19 only became a concern 12 months ago. I will be 63 in 30 days (I know.... I'm an old merkin) but I think time compresses as you get older.

Never a truer word said.

I will always maintain the view that facts are built on observation and evidence, not faith and belief.

Also the statement regarding aliens thinking mankind is tribe of nutters is spot on.

Are you sure you're not my long lost twin?

Generalzod

Immortal
Never a truer word said.

I will always maintain the view that facts are built on observation and evidence, not faith and belief.

Also the statement regarding aliens thinking mankind is tribe of nutters is spot on.

Are you sure you're not my long lost twin?
Most of the Ancient beliefs and scientific theory come from worshipping gods, Prometheus gave fire to man thus giving him technology a will to think for himself. It's only when the monotheistic religions come into the equation turned things ugly (Like the burning of the Library of Alexandria), The renaissance Religion was man awakening again.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Most of the beliefs and scientific theory come from worshipping gods, Prometheus gave fire to man thus giving him technology a will to think for himself. It's only when the monotheistic religions come into the equation turned things ugly (Like the burning of the Library of Alexandria), The renaissance Religion was man awakening again.

Religion hinders science

On 26 February 1616, Galileo Galilei was formally banned and banished by the Roman Catholic Church for teaching and defending the opinion that the Earth orbits the Sun.

one example

Generalzod

Immortal
Religion hinders science

On 26 February 1616, Galileo Galilei was formally banned and banished by the Roman Catholic Church for teaching and defending the opinion that the Earth orbits the Sun.

one example
It wasn't perfect but the renaissance was mans spiritual awakening from years of darkness...

___

Juniors
I was going to ask @Everlovin' Antichrist or anyone else who is astronomical.

So Hubble said the whole show is expanding and the expansion is speeding up.

I was trying to work out where they said it started relative to our Sun?

Also, is the acceleration a constant or do different chunks of the universe go faster?

Also, If we accept the Big Bang, how could something come from nothing? Surely there was something at the start of the mess?

It just doesn’t make any sense to me that a couple of atoms or whatever just materialises from the void.

I know stranger things have happened like the signing of Packer for $850k, and I’m not putting up anything creationist, but I’m a tad uncomfortable with this explanation.

Any insights appreciated.

Thanks.