What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indigenous side

Azkatro

First Grade
Just out of curiosity, how would you qualify for the indigenous team? Like if Darren Lockyer was found to have an ancestor from the 1800's with aboriginal blood, does he make the team? Or does it go on the "grandparent" rule?

Shorty

Staff member
Point to them. Dickhead.

Another moron who doesn't know what racism is...
Agreed.
Just out of curiosity, how would you qualify for the indigenous team? Like if Darren Lockyer was found to have an ancestor from the 1800's with aboriginal blood, does he make the team? Or does it go on the "grandparent" rule?
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

mxlegend99

Referee

rabbitohs

Juniors

Erm if his ancestor had Aboriginal blood in him then so would his grandparents and indeed parents :)

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Sammut has played for Malta yes. But he has no Maltese blood, i think he actually may be aboriginal.

Brookie

Juniors
no he wouldn't cause he obviously doesn't identify, nor would he be recognised by the community. two very important bits of criteria for indigenous peeps

by give him a run anyways

Panther_Daz

Staff member
He has played for Malta, but as i said before he has no Maltese blood. His step-father is of a Maltese background.

Coaster

Bench
Sammut was on the fox Aboriginal channel teaching kicking tips, i thought he did say he was aboriginal

shinobi

Juniors

The wya i see it if you have Aboriginal blood can trace it back to a certain person an acknowledge/embrace your Aboriginal heritage then that should be it.

Eels Dude

Coach
Mate anyone's aboriginal if you back far enough.

Drop of blood in an ocean and I could get paid for my study.

http://www.business.unsw.edu.au/nps...bleArea&maxWnd=_Future_IndigenousEntryProgram

Check of out the rednut on the right site of the page. How he's aboriginal I'll never know.

I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I remember during the pre season one of the tv networks did a sports story on this Aboriginal player who was fringe player in the NRL, who despite being this was a natural readhead. They produced some stat saying that this is not unusual. First time i've seen or heard it though.

gregstar

Referee
i'm sure ben horny, beaugenius scott & ben crayon (aka hymmie) are all aboriginees.

the aryan sect of the race.