What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis farce shows Blues bloodline blunder

I've never been to Suncorp, but I keep hearing about how good it is.
If money etc. was stable, I would check it out.

Knightmare

Coach
Suncorp is great. Like Bluetongue and the SFS, I have yet to find a bad seat in the place. Also has the advantage of being 10 minutes' walk from the CBD, unlike the SFS.

beave

Coach
As a side note, last year I got two re-released tickets to Origin 2 at Suncorp. I asked three of my mates (all League fans and Qlders born and bred) if they wanted the other ticket. They were all lukewarm about it. Then another mate of mine, an American (an AMERICAN) found out and was dead keen right from the moment he found out there was a ticket up for grabs on my behalf. This is why I laugh when some people on here claim that Qlders would sell their grandparents to slavery for Origin tickets while Sydneysiders would rather watch the test pattern on telly than attend Origin.

yes, thats right, we are all like those 3 mates of yours. Every single one of us in the state................. Excellent argument there.

Knightmare

Coach
Of course not. But they are three Rugby League fans with alliegances to NRL teams, and Qlder's to boot. The way you banana-benders go on, apparently even people who don't follow the NRL would walk over broken glass to go to Origin at Suncorp, and as soon as they get their calenders at the start of the year circle the day tickets go on sale with 'MUST GET TICKETS TO STICK IT UP NSW!' scrawled beneath it.

RL1908

Bench
Not that it makes it right/wrong, but Steve Rogers qualified for Origin for Qld via his Southport (71-72) appearances before coming to Sydney at Cronulla (73). Not sure whether anyone at the QRL picked that up at the time of 1980's first Origin - presumably not.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Not that it makes it right/wrong, but Steve Rogers qualified for Origin for Qld via his Southport (71-72) appearances before coming to Sydney at Cronulla (73). Not sure whether anyone at the QRL picked that up at the time of 1980's first Origin - presumably not.

Perhaps QLD'rs should start crying in hindsight to make up for the howling that goes on over Inglis.

Fraser

QRL knew this and did not pick him for the fear that NSW wouldn't accept the origin concept.

Shorty

Staff member
^ Because their best player, was in fact, a Queenslander.
Anyone for HYPOCRITE soup?

Big Pete

Referee
RL1908 I recall hearing that when I first started getting into Rugby League, my mum who was a big fan of his and Matt's used to rave on about how Steve was actually a Queenslander. It's a distant memory though.

Good point Knightmare, compared to the majority of Sydney stadiums, Suncorp is incredibly accessible and it doesn't take a number of trains or bussess to get there.

Origin is defined as follows:

1. The point at which something comes into existence or from which it derives or is derived.
2. Ancestry: "We cannot escape our origins, however hard we try" (James Baldwin).
3. The fact of originating; rise or derivation: The rumor had its origin in an impulsive remark.
4. Anatomy The point of attachment of a muscle that remains relatively fixed during contraction.
5. Mathematics The point of intersection of coordinate axes, as in the Cartesian coordinate system.

So the real term for the interstate matches should be "State of where your daddy moves to work so that you can forget where you come from". Inglis born in Kempsey and Folau in Minto in Sydney's West. It is a joke rugby league eligibility. They should just go with the new super 14 rules where you can play for any province you choose. :x

Dazzat

First Grade
So the real term for the interstate matches should be "State of where your daddy moves to work so that you can forget where you come from". Inglis born in Kempsey and Folau in Minto in Sydney's West. It is a joke rugby league eligibility. They should just go with the new super 14 rules where you can play for any province you choose. :x

No ... this rule only applies for Queensland, but let's get real. No one wants to play for NSW. Not even Jamie Lyon wants to play NSW.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
This place is getting too boring. We need some arguments to put some life into the interstate forum. Therefore..... bump.

Matt23

Staff member
Since it's been bumped, can someone please explain how Ben Te'o qualifies as a Queenslander...

timka4

Bench
Which is arguably a good comparison because ANZ stadium was/is a sh*t stadium that turned fans off due to Super Scum League.

Suncorp on the other hand is one of the best stadiums in all of Rugby League and going to watch a game of State of Origin has a special allure to it.

agreed, i love suncorp and skilled park, both great stadiums, hence my titans membership :) and the fact i live on the goldy

Mong

Post Whore
How are you going to celebrate 5 series losses in a row Knightmare?

A bit more crying about Inglis perhaps?