What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis: have we seen the best of him?

Inglis: have we seen the best of him?

• Yes

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 22 21.0%

• Total voters

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Have we seen the best of what Greg Inglis could offer ?

ABSOLUTELY NOT

I have watched Inglis play high school footy with Wavell. I watched his Qld Cup debut. He definitely is twice the player as a fullback. Most people wouldn't believe what potential he has.

Will we ver see what he could offer ?

IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT ?

He isn't going to realise his potential. He is acting like he has a chip on his shoulder. He has lost the plot. He won't listen to his manager. He has half wits advising him what to do. Souths Sydney are throwing money down the drain.

The 18th Man

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/gi-deal-to-go-pear-shaped/story-e6frexnr-1225976189976

188648-greg-inglis.jpg

A big part of why I was concerned with Inglis' signing and why I posed the question as per opening post. There has to be some concern that the best of Inglis was seen in a Melbourne Storm jumper.

Beau Champion will have a bumper season in that Storm side.

The 18th Man

Juniors
BunniesMan said:
Do you really think his weight in November, on the back of surgery and an offseason will be the weight he plays at in March when he's had months of working out with a professional footy club?

I guess a professional who deals with pro atheletes does have concerns re: Inglis' weight in November/December BunniesMan. But what would he know?

Engine

Juniors
I hope we have not seen the best of him. I get a bad feeling that we have. I really hope Im wrong.

There is no way that we have seen the best of Inglis yet...just wait and see...he will be back better than ever IMO.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I guess a professional who deals with pro atheletes does have concerns re: Inglis' weight in November/December BunniesMan. But what would he know?
Just woke up from a 3 hour sleep. Early and busy day today. And it's started (like so many others) responding to people less intelligent than me.

For a moment, let's ignore the fact, that apart from his "expertise" he knows absolutely nothing about Inglis personally? He doesn't know his weight today, his BMI, his fat %, how far along he is from his surgeries etc etc.

So to see that moron pull numbers out of his arse about how long exactly it will take Inglis to be fighting fit is BS.
HIS WEIGHT
It has been claimed Inglis reported for Rabbitohs duty 118 kilograms or more, with former Brisbane fitness guru Dean Benton claiming he would not be able to reach his peak fitness for at least a year. Inglis said he weighed no more than he had any other previous off-season. ''Every year, it's people wanting to make up stories and saying something about my weight,'' Inglis said. ''I don't think I've felt better. I don't know David Benton or whatever his name is. I know he was at the Broncos. I don't know what he's got to do with it - I've never met the guy in my life. If I was him I'd just be quiet. I've got a point to prove throughout the season - I want to show them how fit I am.''
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/the-patient-inglis-20101231-19bwv.html

And also, about the silly quotes attributed to Inglis months ago by the BS papers:
It was also suggested Inglis had told Gee, as a reason he could not meet him: ''It's raining and I don't think the planes are flying.''
''That's all it is, a suggestion,'' Inglis said. ''It did not happen. I don't know what idiot would come out and say the planes aren't flying because it's raining. I lived in Melbourne - you think planes don't fly out of Melbourne? Rain, hail or shine, the planes still fly down there.''
Check and mate. Inglis isn't an idiot like people were trying to make him out to be.

And also, in that photo for that article, he isn't looking too bad at all. More than slim and fit enough for December.

BranVan3000

Coach
He looks much slimmer so at least he has made some progress. He should be fit enough, but he won't be fully there with his injuries... Why wont he do the hip surgery?

Loudstrat

Coach
Jack Gibson used to give his players extended time of after the season. Fitness was up to them. If they came back fit, he knew they had self discipline, If they came back unfit, he knew they would be playing in reserve grade.

If they came back like Inglis they would become an exhibit at western plains zoo.

BunniesMan

Immortal
He looks much slimmer so at least he has made some progress. He should be fit enough, but he won't be fully there with his injuries... Why wont he do the hip surgery?
Hip and shoulder operations have set Inglis back in recent months; a shoulder problem forced him out of the Four Nations tournament, while the Rabbitohs' medical staff also urged him to go under the knife to clear-up a nagging hip complaint. But he hoped to be running within the next fortnight.
The paragraph is a little awkwardly written but he has done the hip surgery at our medical staffs urging.

And yes he looks much improved from 6 weeks ago when the pictures were taken of him at Redfern oval. And to think he's done that just from the diet side of things (as Richo said) as he hasn't even started running. I was confident before but now even more so he'll be ready to help demolish Easts 69 days from now.

Latest posts