What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis: have we seen the best of him?

Inglis: have we seen the best of him?

• Yes

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 22 21.0%

• Total voters

The 18th Man

Juniors
Not sure this is a "stupid" thread. Each to their own.

Some who have contributed have certainly detracted from what was good debate. Inglis' career is at a cross roads. The spotlight will be on him more than ever in Sydney and he, with his "new fans", better get used to fielding such questions/speculation.

cleary89

Coach
X10000.
Seriously i think the only thing stopping him is motivation..
Would love to see him coached by Bennett for a couple of seasons,he would definately have the right attitude to playing if he stuck it out.
But sadly i think he will just go downhill especially with Mundine in his ear.

Doubt bennett would take him. He buys cheap underrated players and turns them into decent footballers. Would want a fat and lazy centre whos ego and pay check is bigger than his gut.

little_aza

Juniors
That clip is quite amazing. He was so fast and skilful back then...silky, in fact. It's a shame he's bulked up so much - at 100kg he would be mobile and agile enough to be a wonderful fullback - his best on that clip was predominantly with the 1 on his back.

And have we seen the best of him? At club level: more than likely. For the OP's original reasons - motivation and good ball just won't be as abundant. At state/country: that highlights reel will invariably increase - there's motivation there, and they'll be ample opportunities.

chefman21

Juniors
I hope we haven't seen the best of him. He just needs to get involved a little more and lose the tires. He's not a muffin top. He's an entire cake shop at the moment. When he played at fullback he was the best player in the world bar none. He had so much time on his hands. Then once he had that space he tore teams apart. Even more so than at centre. He was graceful - almost like a gazelle - and just did a little shimmy and was away. He was just a victim of circumstance with another great fullback at the club that he got pushed into the centres. I'm hoping he can come back. He's had a pretty rough 18 months with the salary cap scandal and his court appearances, so I'm hoping that played a big role in his performances. I'm not sure how well he coped with outside influences such as those.

BunniesMan

Immortal
@ Everybody talking about his weight. Do you really think his weight in November, on the back of surgery and an offseason will be the weight he plays at in March when he's had months of working out with a professional footy club?

chefman21

Juniors
@ Everybody talking about his weight. Do you really think his weight in November, on the back of surgery and an offseason will be the weight he plays at in March when he's had months of working out with a professional footy club?

Depends on his attitude and mental status.

Noa

First Grade
I hope we haven't seen the best of him. He just needs to get involved a little more and lose the tires. He's not a muffin top. He's an entire cake shop at the moment. When he played at fullback he was the best player in the world bar none. He had so much time on his hands. Then once he had that space he tore teams apart. Even more so than at centre. He was graceful - almost like a gazelle - and just did a little shimmy and was away. He was just a victim of circumstance with another great fullback at the club that he got pushed into the centres. I'm hoping he can come back. He's had a pretty rough 18 months with the salary cap scandal and his court appearances, so I'm hoping that played a big role in his performances. I'm not sure how well he coped with outside influences such as those.
He was just as good at center in 2006.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Like most things you seem to have problems grasping concepts such as human metabolism. When he is young he may be able to rebound from being overweight to being match fit quickly but as he gets older he is going to find losing weight much more difficult both in time and activity needed. Not to mention the extra stress on his knees, hips, and other joints all this extra exercise will have on his body increasing his risk of injury both long and short term. If GI wants a long career and stay free of injury then extended periods at the buffet bar during the off season are a no no.

Evenflow

Bench
Do you realise he is 195cm tall 6'5!

and do you realise he was 99kg and still 195cm when the below profile was done? I agree 95kg is probably taking it a bit too far given his height but anything near 110kg i can't see him being anywhere near as damaging as he has been in the past. If he can get somewhere close to 105kg, IMO we'll see some much better and more consistant footy from him. Personally i can't see him getting that low even but he may not even want to.

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiersh...yerid/188/season/2010/greginglis/default.aspx

Last edited:

johns_reds

First Grade
This was a few months ago at "Australia's Fastest Footballer" he looked massive then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lslwieRLKZ4&feature=related

race starts around 2min 10sec mark

Oh and i stll think the best is to come of Inglis, he's only 24, if he stays injury free, can drop his weight a bit he'll be a gun, maybe not the first year at souths but definitely in the second year.

Last edited:

Latest posts