What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis: have we seen the best of him?

Inglis: have we seen the best of him?

• Yes

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 22 21.0%

• Total voters

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I think if he gets better we are all, as fans, in for something really special to behold. Really special.

skeepe

Immortal
@ Everybody talking about his weight. Do you really think his weight in November, on the back of surgery and an offseason will be the weight he plays at in March when he's had months of working out with a professional footy club?

He'll have to drop a lot of it.

At the moment, he's bigger than the likes of Civoniceva, Shillington, Scott and Myles - Australia's prop rotation for the 4 Nations.

SoftSydney

Juniors
@ Everybody talking about his weight. Do you really think his weight in November, on the back of surgery and an offseason will be the weight he plays at in March when he's had months of working out with a professional footy club?

The weight argument is stupid

SoftSydney

Juniors
He's an athlete that plays in a code that is known for it's levels of fitness and strength. It's not stupid.

Exactly and how long do you think it will take him to regain his fitness LOL, the guy is recovering from surgery ffs as soon as he starts running and full training he will get fit in a reasonable amount of time, kick off is like 3.5 months away mate!

chefman21

Juniors
Exactly and how long do you think it will take him to regain his fitness LOL, the guy is recovering from surgery ffs as soon as he starts running and full training he will get fit in a reasonable amount of time, kick off is like 3.5 months away mate!

He was a fatty all last season.

simostorm

Bench
He's got a wedding in December.. has he been fitted yet for his suit?
This must be stressing out his fiance.. lol..

simostorm

Bench
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHYJfjoaOQ0

If that's him in "fatty" mode, I can't wait to see him at his peak fitness in 2011.

that try GI scored in that clip vs the cowboys.. i was sitting behind the goal posts at that game.. the sight of him running towards us was awesome.. he put the ball down right in front of us.. after he scored he threw the ball into the crowd near where we were sitting.. awesome game that one. and awesome moment.. your gunna get to experience alot of these awesome moments next year..

BunniesMan

Immortal
:lol:

Thats a sh*t highlights package. 25% of it isnt even him.

Aku's is 100x better then that.
He had the best year of his career, Inglis probably had his worse. I'm saying if that's his floor, I can't wait to see his ceiling when he's fully fit and playing for real points.

jonno_knights

Juniors
haha. It was Uates FIRST full season as a guarenteed starter. You havent seen the best of him yet.

And so out of Inglis' 2min highlight video, 30seconds was Stanley/Neislon (or someone else), two tries were in origin, and they werent exactly 'individual', 2 were intercept tries where he showed some pace (he doesnt have that now), and one in the dying stages of a flogging.

What this season has taught us about Inglis, is he doesnt show up when the times are tough. Should the Rabbitohs go into a slump next season or have another injury crisis, I wouldnt be expecting Inglis to pull them out of it, which is why the big players earn the big bucks, because they have the ability to carry their team.

jonno_knights

Juniors
which one?

Which one what? arnt inglis? 1:10 - 1:40 in that video.

Or which Aku video?, i couldnt post the link cause of the 20 post restriction, but All of them :lol:. But the one i wanted to post is the 2010 one, about 3-4minutes long, "Akuila Uate 2010 NRL Highlights"

Canard

Immortal
that try GI scored in that clip vs the cowboys.. i was sitting behind the goal posts at that game.. the sight of him running towards us was awesome.. he put the ball down right in front of us.. after he scored he threw the ball into the crowd near where we were sitting.. awesome game that one. and awesome moment.. your gunna get to experience alot of these awesome moments next year..

I was at that game also, worst performance by an NRL team since the Wests Maggies of the late 90's. Cowboys were woeful and showed no heart.

simostorm

Bench
I was at that game also, worst performance by an NRL team since the Wests Maggies of the late 90's. Cowboys were woeful and showed no heart.

yea they wernt too good.. Storm on the other hand were putting on some impressive tries.. was a entertaining night.. and the atmosphere was sensational that night..