What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis Hay???

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Based on tonights performance seems like berrigan was all over him.

I hink he let the better than Johns comments ruin his game tonight!

There were several outright disgracefull calls, especially the matt king try.

Problem is the NRL didnt want the storm to win. Bloody Broncoes always get their way all the time. Im sure thats the last time Simpkins will referee a final!!

Bazal

Post Whore
jayjayselmes said:

Problem is the NRL didnt want the storm to win. Bloody Broncoes always get their way all the time. Im sure thats the last time Simpkins will referee a final!!

Also, you have to take into account the fact that Melbourne ran most of their plays at Lockyer, who defends on the other side of the field, so Inglis didn't see much ball. Simpkins was good IMO, much better than the other options. The touchies farked up a few times, but the ref was good. And I believe (and I'm probably in the minority here, but hey, sue me) that that No Try call was 100% correct. Hoffman propelled the ball into Hodges' head, which is a knock on.

stuke

Bench
I'm with you on the no try. off Hoffmans forearm as he played at the ball, into Hodges - knock on.

Inglis didn't get much opportunity at all. very little space out there and most attack seemed to head down Matt King's way.

Parra Guru

Coach
jayjay, you just love to kick people when they're down.

It was a good tough game, lets not go fingerpointing at Inglis. If anyone looked lost in the backline it had to be 'the passenger' Geyer.

King was fantastic in a losing side.

shiftysmith

Juniors
just got home from the game,i thought simpkins had a good game..and the fact is the better team on the night won...BTW sh*t atmosphere no sydney teams really makes a difference.

On TV the crowd sounded like they were talking and not watching the game, there was no team chants and loud calls when teams scored.

scottyeel

Bench
jayjayselmes said:

*edit*

thedux

Juniors
jayjayselmes said:

Makes no sense at all even from a conspiracy point of view. The Storm are propped-up by News Ltd, who pay the NRL gazillions to get pay TV rights. Why would they conspire against their main benefactor...
And I also think the NO TRY was 100% correct.

Hellsy

Immortal
Greg Inglis is a superstar of this game and it is an honour to have him playing our code, if other people want to call him the next Joey how is that Inglis' issue? He has not self proclaimed himself to be better than Joey, others have done it on his behalf.

The crowd at the game was extremely loud from where I was sitting and there were chants all night long, it went from Melb to Bronco's chants, perhaps it didn't come through on the TV.... maybe the atmosphere would have been louder with a Syd club, but the fact remains none were good enough to make it this year

I don't know about that no try, at the game last night I'd have agreed with no try, but this morning I don't... I've watched it back and the replays seem to show it came off Hodges hands more so than Hoffman's forearm, then it went into his head, without seeing a sideon shot of that it... and did Hoffman really play at it then, sure he was leaping for the ball but it is so up in the air the whole 'played at it' call when it comes off a body part other than a hand or foot where there is clear intention to play at the ball...(off the chest is considered to be not played at)

Melbourne lost their way no doubt, and the Bronco's got some bloody good calls go their way and they capitalised on them meticulously
*The above no try
*The touchie that ruled Slater went into touch when replays showed he didnt,
*Kidwell's pass being knocked down by Hodges but being ruled forward off Melb,
*The first points of the night came from a penalty that was ruled a strip when the Bronco's appeared to have lost the ball,
*Berrigan out of dummy half there was an obstruction by Hannent ignored by the referee. Slater hit Berrigan high as he was slipping and the Broncos kicked 2 points but there was no Storm penalty for the obstruction... Brisbane then scored from the next set of six.

Undoubtedly the Storm didn't play to their best, but it will be interesting to see what the referees match review comes out with on the above

Parra Guru

Coach
You can bet your buns that Robert Finch will back every call.

Unfortunately Melbourne learnt the hard way that you have to be good enough to bounce back in big games to win. They had the luck with the refs against Parra and Saints, it's a shame that the Broncos great win will be overshadowed by a few calls.

I think the video ref on King's 'no try' was fair. I think it came off Hoffman's forearm onto Hodges constituting a knock on. But the rest was very wrong.

Utey

Coach
Melbourne simply got frustrated out of the game. Without a doubt Wayne Bennett is a mastermind, was a great game to watch and to pick some coin up as well.

Hellsy

Immortal
They sure did, they did it to themselves, it was much alike to watchihng Parra play :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
And the ref didn't cost them the game, they could have bounced back, but gee it is tough on a team when so much is missed

Utey

Coach
Gotta feel for them, only lost 4 games all year and they lose the one that matters. Terrible feeling.

Hellsy

Immortal
Most of the so called expersts are saying the no-try was the wrong call this morning too, I haven't yet read one that has said it was the right call :LOL: :LOL: horrible feeling to wake up to for the team.

Kornstar

Coach
It was a fair no try, it definitely came off Hoffmans arm!!! The Storm last week got a call at a very crucial part of the game when Scott Hill knocked it on yet it went against the Dragons, Turner scored from the scrum, i didn't hear the Storm complaining last week!!!!

Utey

Coach
They've actually had their way with the referees all year, especially laying all over the play the ball. It was good to see them get a 50/50 call go the other way for once.

Latest posts