What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis off to the Broncos???

smithie

Juniors
Just heard on Triple M. Apparently Inglis' girlfriend has taken a job in Brisbane. Inglis stated that the Broncos are the only team that he would consider playing for, besides Melbourne. Broncos execs are currently figuring out an offer.

Danish

Referee
Well we couldn't risk inglis not being within arms length of his girlfriend......

You know, in case she tries to hurt herself again and Greg ha to take action into his own hands

Loudstrat

Coach
What happened to "I'll never leave Melbourne" when he was linked to Essendon? He's got no loyalty - so he'd be the on to walk. Slater, Cronk and Smith will stay in Bleak City.

It's all good. Inglis will prob. sign a 2/3 year deal if this is the case. I see him eventually playing a key role for the Central Coast Bears, once re-admitted into the comp. He is after all a local boy.

badav

Bench
Turd.

Broncocap. ffs.

Great insight there Loudstrat. You definitely add heaps to any thread.

I don't see how it would be hard to figure they have room to move, with Folau moving on and about 8 blokes under 22 in their top 17. But your pretty slow, so i can understand that.

DC_fan

Coach
Love lures Inglis north

032756-dtstory-greg-inglis-sally-robinson.jpg

Fiancee...Sally Robinson and Greg Inglis. Source: The Daily Telegraph

GREG Inglis is considering a move to the Brisbane Broncos next year, torn between relocating with his fiancee and his love for the Melbourne Storm.

Inglis will approach Storm coach Craig Bellamy this week to discuss moving to Queensland on "compassionate grounds".
After arriving in Melbourne as a teenager, Inglis has spent the past five seasons alongside Storm superstars Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk.
But the big four look set to be split due to a number of factors, including the club's salary cap drama and Inglis's recent engagement to Sally Robinson, who has landed a plum job in Brisbane with an events management company.
Inglis is eager to see Sally pursue her career.
But the Test centre remains torn over the possibility of playing against the Storm and ending his close relationship with Bellamy.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

Related Coverage

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Inglis is stewing over the decision but feels his decision to leave the club would alleviate salary cap pressures and enable Melbourne to retain some of their hottest young stars, including Justin O'Neill and Matt Duffie.
A move to the Broncos would also allow Inglis to be closer to his family in Kempsey.
Up until last month, Inglis had never seriously considered leaving Melbourne. But with their future together now sealed, Sally and Inglis don't want to spend time apart as they prepare for the next phase of their lives.
A source close to the Melbourne Storm said: "If it did happen, he'd feel bad. But he knows it's an alternative for him and that he would adapt to it."
Israel Folau's defection to the AFL with Greater Western Sydney next season would make Inglis a great fit for the Broncos.
They are yet to fill the void at centre and it has been suggested that Allan Langer spoke with Inglis about moving to the Broncos during the recent State of Origin series.
Storm football manager Frank Ponissi was reluctant to comment on the development.
"From our point of view we haven't had any discussion yet with Greg or his manager about going anywhere," Ponissi said. "I'm not going to speculate on this."
The Broncos are one of 10 clubs said to be interested in the Maroons star.
It's believed Inglis has told his manager Allan Gainey that he has little interest linking with a Sydney-based club.
Inglis also has no desire to follow up interest from AFL club Essendon.
If, as expected, the Storm are forced to shed players, it's unlikely they will stand in Inglis's way.
Broncos CEO Bruno Cullen confirmed the club's interest, but said they didn't have an open cheque book.
"Are we interested? Yes," Cullen said yesterday. "Are we interested in the current numbers that he's on down in Melbourne - no."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/love-lures-inglis-north/story-e6frexnr-1225890195031

smithie

Juniors
It's all good. Inglis will prob. sign a 2/3 year deal if this is the case. I see him eventually playing a key role for the Central Coast Bears, once re-admitted into the comp. He is after all a local boy.

Bowraville is nowhere near Central Coast. It is actually closer to QLD than Gosford.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Inglis and Hannant. Wow.

Broncos will be serious contenders next year as their other kids like Hoffmann and Matt Gillet continue to improve - and Yow Yeh potentially developing into a super star.

Goddo

Bench

Get your hand off it... Macksville is closer to Newcastle, Gold Coast or Brisbane than Central Coast.

Central Coast...ffs

MightyBronco

Juniors
I dont want GI, i want Smith. He would be a much larger contributor to the Broncs. Our current hooker is on the nose....and we need a good hooker to win another premiership. Its been 4 long years since our last...