What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis off to the Broncos???

Noa

First Grade
Your not getting Smith so wake-up. As for GI I would think his desire to stay in Melbourne has been somewhat eroded by the slew of stories last couple of weeks about him being the odd man out. i dont agrre with that line of thinking and Id even go as far as saying the Stom wont win another comp with their current crop and the Broncos will be virtually unbeatable the next 5 to 6 years. Norman- Gillett- Inglis would be a devestating left side that no-one could stop.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
He could just beat the crap out of her if he really didn't want her to move. Still, great pick-up for Brisbane. He is one of my favourite players to watch and agree with the others, thank God he's not going to flogball.

Big Pete

Referee
I dont want GI, i want Smith. He would be a much larger contributor to the Broncs. Our current hooker is on the nose....and we need a good hooker to win another premiership. Its been 4 long years since our last...

McCullough has plenty of improvement left in him, sure he's down on form and Smith would do wonders in the short term but the club is very confident in Macca's abilities.

Not to mention, there is a youngster by the name of Baptiste currently playing in the Toyota Cup who is quite the prospect.

Inglis on the other hand basically comes in for Folau.

some11

Referee
Broncos are losing Folau, Winterstein, Sims, Setu, Michaels.

Only signing so far is Hannant for 350k/4yrs. Lockyer and Hodges last year next year?

DeeJ

Bench
Broncos are losing Folau, Winterstein, Sims, Setu, Michaels.

Only signing so far is Hannant for 350k/4yrs. Lockyer and Hodges last year next year?

Also lost Joel Clinton and PJ Marsh at the start of the season.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Just heard on Triple M. Apparently Inglis' girlfriend has taken a job in Brisbane. Inglis stated that the Broncos are the only team that he would consider playing for, besides Melbourne. Broncos execs are currently figuring out an offer.

Anyone who thinks he is going to the Bronco's because his girlfriend has taken are job in Brisbane are buying the spin..

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I assume you are trying to compare this with the Gasnier signing? Even though this is completely different and just like any other signing.

No. Just keen to hear his opinion when big name signings concern his club. He's keen to throw them around at others.

Loudstrat

Coach
Cullen stated today that they cannot match the money he is after.

Besides, there are TWO clubs up there.

I'm intrigued - why would his missus suddenly decide to move up there?

little_aza

Juniors

Besides, there are TWO clubs up there

As you'd know Loudstrat, no matter what Inglis would get paid by Brisbane, or any other club, the Storm still has to pay the difference to make up the reported $575k - so if Brisbane pays $450k, Melbourne has $125k on it's cap. My guess is the main sticking point would be with Melbourne - I mean, if I were making the decisions, there's no way at all I'd be letting him go for anything under the $575k - there's just too much dead weight (Quinn, Hoffman, White, et el) who should be cut loose...to possibly England.

While releasing Inglis will free up plenty of cap, we'll be burdened with paying the difference between $575k and market value. At least players going to England will probably not add to future cap. And I'd argue we NEED to keep him, as his value to us in 2011 will be enormous.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

Besides, there are TWO clubs up there.

I'm intrigued - why would his missus suddenly decide to move up there?

The more pertinent question should be "who organised a plumb job for her in Brisbane on truckloads of cash?" Then things would start adding up.

Sleep

Juniors
Hardly surprising. I can't believe some people believed he was any chance to head to some of the lets be honest, nuffy clubs in the comp. Money or not he would of laughed off their offers.

I don't see why if he gets traded to Brisbane he can't re-negotiate his deal there. They'd of just freed up substantial cash with Folau leaving.

People will cry about it and whinge "It's not fair he should of come to x club". Pfft. Chances are he didn't want to play for your scrub team.

Think about it, would you rather play for a club that you know has little to no chance of making the finals, with or without you on huge money. Or would you rather go to a club that is in the finals every year without fail, has a top notch playing roster and is a chance to take out the premiership and still be paid pretty handsomely.

I think I know where I'm going.

The other teams that were supposedly in the hunt would of been stretching the cap because they'd have to pay him overs to join them.

lockyrulz

Juniors
then why were the drongos grizzling about spaz going back to saints?

a. They are self interested, same as every damn club in the NRL.

b. Prolly a bit peed off that the NRL bent over the get Gaz back when it sat on its arse and did little to entice other players.

My view? I'd rather Gaz be playing NRL than union. If that is for the dragqueens, so be it. Players lifted from union should not even count towards the cap. Sure this might mean Cronulla have no hope of winning a title, but what else is new? Be a great chance to bite back.