What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

inglis or slater?

uhh who are these excellent centres you have that you wouldn't swap for Inglis? ...and oh yeah hornby is much better than slater :sarcasm:
Matt Cooper (NSW + Aust Centre) and Darius Boyd (Qld + Aust Centre).

And I never said Ben Hornby was better than Billy Slater (even though Hornby is actually playing in the halves at the moment and not fullback). I just wouldn't want a player like him in my team; he spends more time trying to stir sh*t and get into punch-ups with people 3 times his size only to run off behind his forwards when the sh*t happens, he is a whinger in the media (which can cause team disunity), and has introduced diving into his repetoire. Not a good player.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
I'd take Inglis over Billy "I only throw punches when the target is being held by my team mates and I'm a complete f**king cat" Slater any day of the week. Billy the Cat is up there with Gallen as one of the dirtiest merkins in the game.

icewind

Juniors
Matt Cooper (NSW + Aust Centre) and Darius Boyd (Qld + Aust Centre).

And I never said Ben Hornby was better than Billy Slater (even though Hornby is actually playing in the halves at the moment and not fullback). I just wouldn't want a player like him in my team; he spends more time trying to stir sh*t and get into punch-ups with people 3 times his size only to run off behind his forwards when the sh*t happens, he is a whinger in the media (which can cause team disunity), and has introduced diving into his repetoire. Not a good player.

bwuhahahaha... Boyd over Inglis. :lol:. Gotta be one of your best.

Raider_69

Post Whore
bwuhahahaha... Boyd over Inglis. :lol:. Gotta be one of your best.

Even cooper over inglis is a f**king laugh riot :lol:
aside from the fact Inglis is better, he's also younger and have improvement left in him
no disrespect to cooper, who's been a good player for many years, but inglis is miles better then him

Dragon_psa

First Grade
I've yet to see Inglis defend as well as Cooper on a consistent level tbh. Cooper is the best defensive centre in the game.

watatank

Coach
Even cooper over inglis is a f**king laugh riot :lol:
aside from the fact Inglis is better, he's also younger and have improvement left in him
no disrespect to cooper, who's been a good player for many years, but inglis is miles better then him

Cooper over Inglis is a fair enough call IMO. I wouldn't swap any centres for him tbh even though he's not the most talented he's dependable, strong in defence and a great clubman. Boyd over Inglis however is laughable.

_Johnsy

Referee
Inglis, has no backbone turns his back on his state.
Slater is a cat of the highest order.

Pass

charlie

Juniors
BILLY OVER INGLIS as billy is far more consistent,,,,, only reason.
My PREDICTION is that Ryan Williamson will surpass both within 2 years as he is a better competitor and is a better athlete.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I would take Inglis, but write into his contract he has to stop refering to himself as "GI", makes him sound like an idiot

jk13

First Grade
billy, after all, by rexona standards he's the worlds greatest athlete. LOL at soccer

Loudstrat

Coach
Inglis is less consistent that the NSW Railway timetable. If you want one good game in 4 - go Inglis. If you want a show pony when you are 20-0 up - pick Inglis.

Slater for sure. Then again, Stewart over both of 'em.

bartman

Immortal
Billy is coming off the best possible season he will ever have, and the only way for him is down. He's overrated.

Inglis, you get the feeling his best is still ahead of him in years to come. Simple choice.

MsStorm

Bench
Inglis is less consistent that the NSW Railway timetable. If you want one good game in 4 - go Inglis. If you want a show pony when you are 20-0 up - pick Inglis.

Slater for sure. Then again, Stewart over both of 'em.

The topic was headed *Inglis or Slater* as I recall:D

Last edited:

stormbati

Bench
Billy's a great player, hardworker and is always improving, he wont get much better though.
Greg can do things no one has either seen or can do, but he's too casual.
Right now Billy is the better player, Dally M this year

Lycon79

Juniors
slater has too many mistakes in his game can't pass or kick his one on one defence is pretty average and he has no disipline which costs penaltys

Inglis is the best centre in the game its a shame Bellamy wastes him a 5/8