What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis to broncos!!!

DeeJ

Bench
And we finally have a left center after almost 2 years of rotating backrowers there.

hellteam

First Grade
Awesome signing. Was actually always pretty confident about this, even when the Courier Mail was reporting that he was going to stay in Melbourne. Ridiculous reporting on their behalf, I reckon they must have changed their mind about where he was going at least 10 times.

Oh well, great signing, really happy we didn't miss out on him because of $45 000 or whatever it was. Now it's over to Henjak to get the best out of him every week. Shouldn't be too much of a problem - he'll be playing in front of 40 000 every second week at the best stadium in the world instead of in front of 10 000 at Olympic Park (apart from this year anyway).

People will complain that we're paying him too much blah blah (mainly not Broncos fans I bet), but I disagree. We're going into next year with only one significant player loss (Folau), and 2 signings (Inglis, Hannant) that more than cover that. Plus we've resigned future stars Hoffman, Gillett and hopefully Thaiday soon.

Well done Bruno! What a great parting gift.

DeBroncos

Juniors
Good stuff we will have the best two Centers in the game next year. If hodges can stay fit our back line will be deadly.

Dazzat

First Grade
It seems only yesterday that I was on this forum, complaining like a wounded bull about the recruitment policy and practices of the Broncos, and lamenting whether we'd be in the top eight anytime in the next decade!

Of course I wasn't the only one.

The signing of Inglis and Hannant, and the emergence of the young brigade this year (Gillett, Hoffman etc etc) ... I will now remove my foot from my mouth.

beads6

First Grade
It seems only yesterday that I was on this forum, complaining like a wounded bull about the recruitment policy and practices of the Broncos, and lamenting whether we'd be in the top eight anytime in the next decade!

The signing of Inglis and Hannant, and the emergence of the young brigade this year (Gillett, Hoffman etc etc) ... I will now remove my foot from my mouth.

This year has been a big turn around in our recruitment, now we seem to go for QUALITY instead of QUANTITY. Also signing up all our juniors has been great.

Noa

First Grade
Oh cmon you bunch of sooks.

The first post was serious and pleasant the 2nd post was a joke.

applesauce

Bench
Andrew Gee has had possibly the biggest influence to the club over such a short time than any other person in the history at the Broncos.

Kept ALL our youngsters with extended contracts who played well in FG.
Signed Inglis and Hannant.
Got Lockyer locked away for another couple of years.
Trimmed all the fat from the club with no major losses (Tariq Sims is the biggest, which says a lot).

Snappy

Coach
:D:D:D WOOT Great news!

What a team we will have next year! Lockyer, Thaiday, Hodges, Hannant, Inglis. The new fab five!

AuDragon

Juniors

You and I... I will do it slowly as I can still feel the toes wiggling out of my a*se! :lol:

:D:D:D WOOT Great news!

What a team we will have next year! Lockyer, Thaiday, Hodges, Hannant, Inglis. The new fab five!
Add Gillett to that list, even though he is in his rookie year and Hoffman while you're at it!

Last edited:

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Fantastic work by Bruno and Gee, really good work with our recruitment policy this year, incredibly happy with how the club is being run at the moment this will probably give the team a psychological boost for the rest of the season as well knowing that next season we are going to have Hannant and Inglis in the team.

El Mexicano

Juniors
To all Broncs fans,

While, as a Storm fan since day 1, I enjoy beating Brisbane more than most teams (the 08 final win is my personal favorite) and am fairly devasted at losing the best footballer of any code in the country, let alone the best league player in the game, I am glad he has ended up at a club I have respect for.

As much as their is a rivalry between Melbourne and Brisbane, the one thing most civilised people down south have is a great respect for the Bronco's as a club. Circumstances out of the ordinary transpired to put Inglis in Brisbane and I rather it be there than any scumbag Sydney club or the stinking Titans (who must be over the cap already about 5 times over so how they proposed to sign him is outrageous!). In a competition where professionalism at an administration level is laughable the Bronco's have shown the NSW clowns how a club should be run in the modern era. They way Bruno Cullen handled the whole awkward situation is testament to that.

I am gutted but you have got yourselves a star. As hard as it will be to watch him in another team it makes it slightly easier knowing he will be alongside a champion of the game in Lockyer.

Enjoy GI, trust me you never get sick of watching him.

Adios!

El Mexicano

hellteam

First Grade
Well said El Mexicano. I was actually quite sad when I heard about the Storm situation, because even though they were one of our main rivals I was always more than happy when they won the premiership (apart from us of course), just because it stuck it up all those Sydney fans who despise us.

Never thought I'd see Inglis in a Broncos jersey, I'm mainly just happy he didn't go to Souths, or even worse AFL.

AuDragon

Juniors
Very well said indeed El Mexcano, because I feel about the Storm exactly the same way as you feel about the Broncos.

I'm sure you will bounce back and we will enjoy belting eachother again and I will brag about our wins, and tell you to eat sh!t when we lose! ;-)

Coaster

Bench
To all Broncs fans,

I rather it be there than any scumbag Sydney club or the stinking Titans (who must be over the cap already about 5 times over so how they proposed to sign him is outrageous!).

Adios!

El Mexicano
LOL thanks for the salary cap advise you f#cking dope, must be all our rep players pushing us over the cap I guess. Here is a tip, stop reading the newspapers written by the scumbags that own your club, trying to divert the real truth with more lies.

F#kin Victorian

Latest posts