What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis to broncos!!!

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
If we can't get inglis how about we make a play for Dane Nielsen he looks like a really good young player with a big future or do you think Henjak should just use Copley or another center currently at the club.

beads6

First Grade
If we can't get inglis how about we make a play for Dane Nielsen he looks like a really good young player with a big future or do you think Henjak should just use Copley or another center currently at the club.

I doubt we would sign Nielsen in fact I don't think we should. We are only chasing Inglis because he is a direct replacement for Folau in every way.

DeeJ

Bench
I doubt we would sign Nielsen in fact I don't think we should. We are only chasing Inglis because he is a direct replacement for Folau in every way.

Bruno Cullen said besides Inglis we won't look to recruit outside of the club and focus on our juniors instead. Which is a very good move I think.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
It would be extremely disappointing to lose out on GI if the figure is 50 - 100k. Surely, surely it would be an investment that would pay itself off. Just the interest generated in season ticket sales alone would pay that little bit extra off. Seriously Broncs, this fella is "once in a generation" and the only stumbling block is he can't bring himself to make the Storm fork out too much of his current contract for the next 2 years. I believe Greg has made it clear if the Storm are not unfairly left in the financial quagmire he would gladly come north to us, but we're going all Uncle Scrooge after some of the ridiculous amounts we paid PJ Marsh, Sims and Clinton.

I have stated before the beauty of getting Inglis is not only is he close to the best player in RL but his versatility throughout the backline and ability to take pressure off Norman when Locky pulls stumps would see us as a major force for years to come. There has to be a way to fix this so all parties are happy, he's come to us twice so he's obviously keen on linking with the club.

When "code hopper" leaves and the winds of change ring in I think we're going to learn playing backrowers out of position is only a stop gap measure and big games are won by big time players in their natural positions (aka as Dragons and Beau Scott have found out the hard way). I absolutely love Gillett as a player but he's a backrower, and Copley and Beale are nowhere near NRL standard yet fulltime.

Please Gee Gee get in there and make this signing happen, the effort and $$$$ will not be wasted.

DeBroncos

Juniors
What ever happens I just want it t be done with. If we get him great if Titans get his great also and if the Storm keep him good. As long as he stays in the NRL and is playing for Qld for the next 2 years ill be happy. It will be stupid of the Storm tho to keep the Fab 4 and loss like 7 or 8 players good players But hopefully its over and done with next week.

beads6

First Grade
I think it is a bit early to be saying Beale and Copley are not up to NRL standard. Copley looks pretty good when he has played first grade and Beale has been cruelled by injuries. We also have Gagai who could be a centre and a few other under 20's players. Gillett or Glenn in the centres has worked fine for us this season so I can't see how it won't work next year. Obviously I hope we sign Inglis though.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I'm more than confident in saying that Copley and Beale both have a future in the nrl. Copley especially, he was the form centre of the toyota cup before being injured. Will he be as good as Inglis? He certainly has the potential.

renouf

Juniors
What a joke this whole thing has been.. hes obviously not worried about living away from his missus.

hellteam

First Grade
I'm more than confident in saying that Copley and Beale both have a future in the nrl. Copley especially, he was the form centre of the toyota cup before being injured. Will he be as good as Inglis? He certainly has the potential.

That's a bit optimistic...

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Read the post carefully, I did not say Copley and Beale are not NRL standard, just they are not ready for the fulltime pressures of a full season and then finals. Signing GI would secure our future as a real powerhouse for probably the next 4 - 5 yrs and possibly a premiership or two. I really rate Gagai but he also is some way off yet, REMEMBER we will not have "code hopper" to barge over for us in 2011 and Glenn has been struggling defensively out wide.

Overall we have maintained a top 8 status but the signing of Inglis would take us to a new stratosphere altogether. What happens if Hodgo doesn't return the same player ? C'mon Bruno and Gee Gee thinking caps on boys, GI wants to come just friggin match the Titans offer and he's ours.

Country Bronco

Juniors
That's a bit optimistic...

Yes I was being optimistic. But I don't think it was over the top suggesting that Copley has the skills to be as good as Inglis as I never said he would be better than Inglis which would be a far stretch of the imagination. I made an error in saying he was the form centre of Toyota Cup when he's the standout centre of the toyota cup. Now I don't want to get into an argument over how much credibility Toyota cup has when it has produced such stars as Dugan, Idris, Coote, Gordon, Barba and many more. I didn't include Gillett on the basis he wasn't considered that flash in under 20's but look at him now potential rookie of the year and future origin player.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Foolish, foolish shortsightedness on our clubs behalf, once in a generation player and we haggle over just over 100k. Locky and Hodgo have maybe 2 more yrs, GI would have kept us at the top end of the comp. Season ticket sales and overall attendances would have covered the outlay in itself. With the $$$ we wasted on the likes of Sims, Marsh and Clinton..................I'm simply gobsmacked by the clubs indecision. If by horror Hodgo goes down again we are in big strife in 2011. As decent a job as Teo and Gillett in the centres have done other clubs will find us out if we go to the well once to often. Renouf was spot on as he stated we must get Inglis at all costs. Give us a good parting gift Bruno !

DeeJ

Bench
Foolish, foolish shortsightedness on our clubs behalf, once in a generation player and we haggle over just over 100k. Locky and Hodgo have maybe 2 more yrs, GI would have kept us at the top end of the comp. Season ticket sales and overall attendances would have covered the outlay in itself. With the $$$ we wasted on the likes of Sims, Marsh and Clinton..................I'm simply gobsmacked by the clubs indecision. If by horror Hodgo goes down again we are in big strife in 2011. As decent a job as Teo and Gillett in the centres have done other clubs will find us out if we go to the well once to often. Renouf was spot on as he stated we must get Inglis at all costs. Give us a good parting gift Bruno !

It's not really about how much the Broncos are offering. The Storm still have to pay half of his contract which is $200k they don't want to spend on a player who won't even play for them anymore.

The Broncos have done everything, its the Storm who are putting all the stops up.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
According to leaguehq.com if the Broncs match the Titans offer the release is his, please Broncos don't let this chance pass by !

AuDragon

Juniors
Are you guys seriously suggesting we should pay Inglis 550K next year and 660K the year after that? :crazy: (at least, that's the reported Titans offer)
We probably would have been able to keep Folau for that money!

FFS, let Melbourne keep him or let the Titans sink themselves, but under the current salary cap constraints, no one is worth that money.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Agree AuDragon not worth what the Titans are reportedly going to pay him. On copley he is never going to have the same sort of size as GI but i think he is going to be a very elusive player with excellent speed and acceleration. If we don't get GI which is looking more and more likely by the day i say give the spot to copley.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Agree AuDragon not worth what the Titans are reportedly going to pay him. On copley he is never going to have the same sort of size as GI but i think he is going to be a very elusive player with excellent speed and acceleration. If we don't get GI which is looking more and more likely by the day i say give the spot to copley.

Agreed.

The Broncos under 20's were a force this year with Copley now it seems they'll be extremely lucky to make the 8 although they've also lost Matsen, Murphy, Frei for extended lengths of time as well. But Copley was their main strike weapon.

Smiley

Bench
Hearing whispers that Inglis could still be coming but it will be costing us a highly rated youngster.

Latest posts