What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis to Souths..

BunniesMan

Immortal
haha mock outrage? its footy mate not real life important stuff.

not the first time no, but tell me the last player that was forced out like this and had to move states to accomodate someone else?
Before you feel too sorry for him, he's been paid 900k over 3 years to get on a plane and fly south for a couple hours. You're making it sound like we've locked him up in some dungeon somewhere and thrown away the keys.

The pile of money he's sitting on will make him feel better.

BranVan3000

Coach
How does Manly who were never reported to be over the cap, and since the 2008 Premiership, have lost a truck load of players like Bell, Beaver, LeStrange, Orford, Hall, Cuthbertson and now this season Hodkinson, Farrar and Josh Perry find themselves in a situation where they sign nothing, no players at all for season 2011.

How doesn't a club like Parramatta (or North Queensland) not score Beau Champion but instead buys centres of the past in Chris Walker and Paul Whatuira.

How doesn't Cronulla get a look in for Champion, hell, he wouldn't even need to move house if he switched from Souths to the Sharkies. If Cronulla's roster is at the cap limit...wtf.

Bottom line... how does Melbourne who were projected to be in excess of a cool million above the cap line in 2011 some how end up with a rising star like Champion.

I don't begrudge Melbourne any player, I'm not a fan of altering history because the NRL were dumb deaf and blind, but if we are going to have a cap these kinds of trades between clubs simply don't add up.

I'm a fan of the cap, but I reckon it needs to be transparent. They don't need to name which player is getting what, but they should be required to show what player 19 is on and what player 15 is receiving. Like I said, no names but at least we'll understand how a guy like Champion gets swapped for Greg Inglis... and then understand how both clubs fit the the size 16 foot into the size 9 sock.

It''s probably to do with Inglis getting a release from Melbourne in addition. The whole legal bills thing seems to have been swept away

BunniesMan

Immortal
LMAO he's drinking diet coke and the same dinners as Shane Richardson? Holy sh*t, that's supposed to be healthy?:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's 150kg next time he shows up at training
Haha when I heard Richo say Inglis has been eating the same food he eats I was worried but I would presume Inglis would do more exercise than Richo would.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
LMAO he's drinking diet coke and the same dinners as Shane Richardson? Holy sh*t, that's supposed to be healthy?:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's 150kg next time he shows up at training

I must say I am concerned if he is eating at the same table as Richo.

BranVan3000

Coach
Haha when I heard Richo say Inglis has been eating the same food he eats I was worried but I would presume Inglis would do more exercise than Richo would.
Still, gotta cut that diet coke sh*t out. He must have a bad diet, it's just going to catch up more and more as he gets older

He better be at training as soon as it resumes

BunniesMan

Immortal
I must say I am concerned if he is eating at the same table as Richo.
On the other hand, if he's at the same table as a big eater, there might be less left for him.
Still, gotta cut that diet coke sh*t out. He must have a bad diet, it's just going to catch up more and more as he gets older

He better be at training as soon as it resumes
I'd presume footy players eat very strictly during the season so they let themselves go for a couple of months when the season is over. But there is more than 2 and a half months to go, and if he's living with Richo until he buys a Sydney home he might be there until the season starts so Richo can make sure he gets to training.

Ryan

Juniors
How does Manly who were never reported to be over the cap, and since the 2008 Premiership, have lost a truck load of players like Bell, Beaver, LeStrange, Orford, Hall, Cuthbertson and now this season Hodkinson, Farrar and Josh Perry find themselves in a situation where they sign nothing, no players at all for season 2011.

How doesn't a club like Parramatta (or North Queensland) not score Beau Champion but instead buys centres of the past in Chris Walker and Paul Whatuira.

How doesn't Cronulla get a look in for Champion, hell, he wouldn't even need to move house if he switched from Souths to the Sharkies. If Cronulla's roster is at the cap limit...wtf.

Bottom line... how does Melbourne who were projected to be in excess of a cool million above the cap line in 2011 some how end up with a rising star like Champion.

I don't begrudge Melbourne any player, I'm not a fan of altering history because the NRL were dumb deaf and blind, but if we are going to have a cap these kinds of trades between clubs simply don't add up.

I'm a fan of the cap, but I reckon it needs to be transparent. They don't need to name which player is getting what, but they should be required to show what player 19 is on and what player 15 is receiving. Like I said, no names but at least we'll understand how a guy like Champion gets swapped for Greg Inglis... and then understand how both clubs fit the the size 16 foot into the size 9 sock.

Mate - Manly have decided to build from within, which I don't think is such a bad strategy. Guys like:-

James Cunningham
Michael Oldfield
William Hopoate
Daly Cherry-Evans
Jamie Buhrer

and co. are the way of the future in my opinion. Then we have guys like Kieran Foran, and now his brother Liam Foran who may be average, to fair as well, and they are Central Coast products.

I'll always respect clubs like Penrith and Parramatta due to the way they develop their juniors. If we could use those footprints, and copy them somewhat, I'd, as I'm sure a lot of other Manly fans would be very happy.

That being said, Manly would be well under the cap, and rightly so. Let our local boys make a name for themselves and their area imo.

BranVan3000

Coach
On the other hand, if he's at the same table as a big eater, there might be less left for him.

I'd presume footy players eat very strictly during the season so they let themselves go for a couple of months when the season is over. But there is more than 2 and a half months to go, and if he's living with Richo until he buys a Sydney home he might be there until the season starts so Richo can make sure he gets to training.

Maybe a little but not 20 kg or whatever it is. Most go into a bulk, so they'll gain a little fat but mostly muscle, and you need to be working out to do that (which I presume Inglis hasn't been cause he has been injured).

Kiki

First Grade
Why kiki, hes had one good year and cashed in on it. if he stayed at souths he may have done an injury or more likely not be as effective due to teams manning him tighter

ummmm.... because i recognise that footy players are actual human beings and not robots?

i understand why they made the swap but it would still be really hard for Beau to move to a new city with no family or friends and start all over again.

of course it's a reality of the game and he's a big boy, but it would still be really difficult.

i get why Souths want Inglis instead, i hope he performs to his ability coz it would be nice to see the Bunnies in the finals next year.

God-King Dean

Immortal
ummmm.... because i recognise that footy players are actual human beings and not robots?

i understand why they made the swap but it would still be really hard for Beau to move to a new city with no family or friends and start all over again.

of course it's a reality of the game and he's a big boy, but it would still be really difficult.

i get why Souths want Inglis instead, i hope he performs to his ability coz it would be nice to see the Bunnies in the finals next year.

Nah......

cleary89

Coach
BunniesMan doesn't gamble. BunniesMan spends all his money on girls. But the bookies are right, they don't want anyone betting on Souths because they know we will win.

heard it here first. bm cant get girls, so he has to pay for them.

BJP76A

Juniors
Great news all round, Champion goes to a club where he has a much better chance of winning a premiership and we all get to watch Souff's waste their money on Inglis and not make the eight again next year.:lol::lol:

Inglis will be lucky to even play half the season with his injury and weight problems.

The Tank

Bench
The Storm have lost Finch, Hoffman, Inglis, Lima, Tolman, and White and have signed Thompson, Champion, Lowe, Blair, and Woolnough. They've picked up scraps and lost stars.

Big Pete

Referee
Forgot their best signing, Niko, but point still stands.

Inglis, Hoffman and White are the biggies, but they certainly lost enough scrubs to justify the signing of a player like Champion.

Like I said, I'm fine with this move. Souths sheded a player, another club gained him and Inglis has a chance to prove all the doubters wrong.

Also if I was a NSW fan, I'd be excited about Champion going down to Melbourne. Bellamy is much more adept than Lang.

aqua_duck

Coach
How does it? We know we already had 190k room for him. Plus the parts of the 3rd party deals that were accepted. We were only looking at freeing up 200-250k. Champion is 300k.
So you want us to believe Beau Champions is now on over 300k a year at the storm?

Gaba

First Grade
Also if I was a NSW fan, I'd be excited about Champion going down to Melbourne. Bellamy is much more adept than Lang.

I agree in players wise sense Champion will improve wiht the better team then inglis will with souths

dont know about that Bellamy has shown he has no game plans and its cronk,smith and slater who are the game plan makers.
So nsw wont earn anything with champion going to melbourne he wont be in the nsw team

But champion i feel will be more likely playing in finals football in 2011 then inglis will, souths dont have the team

Last edited:

Latest posts