What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury Updates

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I sure hope so. Because I've been reliably informed that we've signed him for $4.5M over five years, with another three years of options in his favour. That contract would make Daniel Mortimer blush.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well in all seriousness if I was the club I'd play on it a little. It would be a smart way to keep off other clubs wanting to poach him and to shy away from 5yr 4million dollar contracts.
This is a win win for the Eels. I'm also hoping this gives W.Smith the chance to show he is first grade material when back.

T.S Quint

Coach
Do yet another year where we have shitty luck with injuries.
Pritchard, Nrown, Drown, Ma’u, Tepai...all important parts of our team out with injury before round 4.

Hopefully Salmon can step into Dylan’s role and do well. Even more pressure on Moses now.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

The 18-year-old has lower back bruising — which is a precursor to stress fractures, and was a shock emission from the Eels team to play Cronulla on Saturday night.

The Eels have confirmed he has been sidelined by precaution, but it’s unclear how long he will need to recover.

Live stream the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership on KAYO SPORTS. Every game of every round live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Get your 14 day free trial >

724771_640x360_large_20190402184635.jpg

Brown's back injury explained

1:07
“What’s happened is he’s got lower back bruising, but it’s an unusual type,” said journalist Paul Kent on NRL 360.

“It’s a lower back bruising of the similar kind we see fast bowlers experience. Fast bowlers often go from bruising into stress fractures in the back.

“If you can remember more recently [Pat] Cummins lost a lot of time out of the game because of this injury.

“[Brown] doesn’t have stress fractures but he’s got hot spots in his back. My understanding is it’s because of the load over Christmas getting ready for first grade, an 18-year-old body, and his body just has not held up as they’d hoped.”

Kent said because the nature of the injury is so unusual, recovery time is unknown.

The Eels have said Brown will be sidelined indefinitely, and have replaced him in the halves this week by fellow youngster, Jaemon Salmon.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/d481ef9e39ef9570d60a4a5aab089343

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well in all seriousness if I was the club I'd play on it a little. It would be a smart way to keep off other clubs wanting to poach him and to shy away from 5yr 4million dollar contracts.
This is a win win for the Eels. I'm also hoping this gives W.Smith the chance to show he is first grade material when back.
Rank bait.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Do yet another year where we have shitty luck with injuries.
Pritchard, Nrown, Drown, Ma’u, Tepai...all important parts of our team out with injury before round 4.

Hopefully Salmon can step into Dylan’s role and do well. Even more pressure on Moses now.
This is Parra mate, we aren’t allowed nice things.

The 18-year-old has lower back bruising — which is a precursor to stress fractures, and was a shock emission from the Eels team to play Cronulla on Saturday night.

The Eels have confirmed he has been sidelined by precaution, but it’s unclear how long he will need to recover.

Live stream the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership on KAYO SPORTS. Every game of every round live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Get your 14 day free trial >

724771_640x360_large_20190402184635.jpg

Brown's back injury explained

1:07
“What’s happened is he’s got lower back bruising, but it’s an unusual type,” said journalist Paul Kent on NRL 360.

“It’s a lower back bruising of the similar kind we see fast bowlers experience. Fast bowlers often go from bruising into stress fractures in the back.

“If you can remember more recently [Pat] Cummins lost a lot of time out of the game because of this injury.

“[Brown] doesn’t have stress fractures but he’s got hot spots in his back. My understanding is it’s because of the load over Christmas getting ready for first grade, an 18-year-old body, and his body just has not held up as they’d hoped.”

Kent said because the nature of the injury is so unusual, recovery time is unknown.

The Eels have said Brown will be sidelined indefinitely, and have replaced him in the halves this week by fellow youngster, Jaemon Salmon.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/d481ef9e39ef9570d60a4a5aab089343
A shock emission? Like when someone farts in an elevator?

Bazal

Post Whore
probably just growing pains he's only 18 some deep heat and a cup of cement

Or, in about three years if he doesn't look after it, learning basic skills all over again with a shiny new bionic spine like James Pattinson had to get...

Stress fractures are nothing to f**k about with. A few weeks rest now is a lot better than surgery and a few months down the track

Latest posts