What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury Updates

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was just rubbish at it.
No he was quite good at it, which is why he also played a few games in the spine. What he was rubbish at was the physical side of the game. But his passing game was the thing that got him 167 games in the NRL. Flanagan used him off the bench as a middle half in 20 games in 2016 before he injured his knee in the final game against Melbourne and missed the finals.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But that's all a pissy little under-resourced club like parramatta can expect, right? Which is why you justified his recruitment as the best we could expect, right?

More attempts to defend the Arthur regime...but not a surprise, because you are still defending the Kearney regime!
Momoisea was a backup who was playing well in reserve grade when we signed him. But like most career backups, his motivation declined as he got older and he is currently having his worst ever season at the Dogs. He is playing worse at 26 than he did at 21. That’s his fault, not ours.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Momoisea was a backup who was playing well in reserve grade when we signed him. But like most career backups, his motivation declined as he got older and he is currently having his worst ever season at the Dogs. He is playing worse at 26 than he did at 21. That’s his fault, not ours.
That's debatable. He averaged 100m per game and tackled at 88% efficiency in 14 games for the Knights reserve grade in 2022.

hindy111

Post Whore
If he’s been extended on a full time contract then I’ll agree he has NRL potential. If he’s just got a part time extension in the supplementary list then he’s the next Dan Keir or whatever.

By comparison, Mataele is in his second year in the top thirty and only a year older than Latu.
Latu is as big and more mobile. He's filled in at centre and defended ok.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s fine for a backup in your own club. But there’s no need to be recruiting other people’s average reserve graders.
There is if you don’t already have them at your club. You need backups just as much as you need top 17 players. Ones who have proven themselves in reserve grade are lower risk NRL backups than blokes who’ve only played Ball, Flegg or RM Cup.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
There is if you don’t already have them at your club. You need backups just as much as you need top 17 players. Ones who have proven themselves in reserve grade are lower risk NRL backups than blokes who’ve only played Ball, Flegg or RM Cup.
We already had Moretti, Makatoa, Ogden, Rodwell, Emu and also signed the other plodder we tried to turn into a middle, whose name escapes me. He was a mistake.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We already had Moretti, Makatoa, Ogden, Rodwell, Emu and also signed the other plodder we tried to turn into a middle, whose name escapes me. He was a mistake.
We bought Doorey, Murchie and Momoisea at the same time. All smaller mobile forwards, which is the way middles are going. They were all fine as backups.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well considering his form declined in reserve grade it’s fair to say he became a worse player than the one we signed. You win some, you lose some. Doorey’s become one of the form back rowers in NSW Cup, as we probably expected when we didn’t shitcan him with the others.

Avenger

Immortal
Well considering his form declined in reserve grade it’s fair to say he became a worse player than the one we signed. You win some, you lose some. Doorey’s become one of the form back rowers in NSW Cup, as we probably expected when we didn’t shitcan him with the others.
You reckon the players read this forum and lose confidence and become shit? I heard Doorey doesn’t own a computer or smart phone.

TheCrowe

Juniors
I dont know what happened to Momo. I saw him play off the bench for the Knights a couple of times and he looked fairly promising. Who knows what's going on in a players life. He looked like had potential but fell away badly.
Cant win em all.

hindy111

Post Whore

Moimesea would of cost maybe 20k over min so no big deal. What's funny is you take it seriously while everyone else is just joking about Moimesea. It's funny that's all. Like my little birds.