What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inspirational music moments

I heard it Friday. Instantly dropped $$$ for the box set. So glad it’s got the 12 inch mixes which were inexplicably left off the 2011 remasters.

Would love similar boxes for The Works, A Kind of Magic and Innuendo.

Nuke

Staff member
I heard it Friday. Instantly dropped $$$ for the box set. So glad it’s got the 12 inch mixes which were inexplicably left off the 2011 remasters.

Would love similar boxes for The Works, A Kind of Magic and Innuendo.
I pre-ordered my boxset too. I have a feeling a 'Live Killers' boxset of sorts may be next, but Innuendo and Jazz would be my two preferred next ones. The Game can't be too far off being considered, given their biggest single is on it (Another One Bites The Dust). There are supposedly a few alternate takes of tracks still floating around from that era.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I suppose your favourite guitarists are such hacks like Slash and Angus Young.

Musical taste like a musky arsehole.
Nope. Can gage a lot by a guys live performances. Hendrix was tripe. Take away the bandanna and funny facial expressions and you are left with a decent guitarist.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
And his work at Woodstock is embarrassing from a guitarist perspective. Missed notes, nothing in sequence, shocking. But the bandanna and facial expressions. Make the argument he was a better singer than anything.

horrie hastings

First Grade
It's simple, clearly unfinished (as in originally, lyrically ... Brian May & Roger Taylor and their engineers have worked their magic with what they had available to them to finish it off as best they could), and it's haunting, but I love it. It's so good hearing Freddie's voice at its peak again.

I, and many dedicated Queen fans, have known about this song for a long time. There was for quite a while leaked versions of this demo on YouTube, and I have long hoped that one day it would somehow see the light of day. Thursday last week was that day. I actually got my hands (digitally) on it on Wednesday afternoon, as seemingly a French radio station jumped the gun by just over a day and played it. Someone then posted that online, so between that one and the official version released Thursday evening, I must have listened to it probably close to 20 times already!

It'll wear off soon, but the tune is constantly going on in my head all my waking hours. And then November will roll around and a few other long-awaited demos from the same era will be released in 'The Miracle' boxset, and the likes of 'Dog With A Bone' and 'I Guess We're Falling Out', among others, will get the high rotation in my car as well!

Just to hear Freddie's voice again, thank you Brian May and Roger Taylor for making this possible.

While not quite the same ABBA have a song in the vaults called Just Like That, there has been many leaked poor quality demos floating around and Benny and Bjorn finally released part of the song, just the chorus in a box set in the 90s. Apparently the whole song was remastered and was supposed to be released in an extended box set of The Visitors album a few years ago but Benny pulled the plug on it as he hates the song, he reckons the verses and the chorus don't match up, i have a few bootleg copies of the songs and I reckon it's flows beautifully lyrically, i just hope we don't have to wait to the death of one of the band members till we can here this song in full.

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
God I love Brian May. Genuinely such a lovely person and a brilliant musician.
I can’t wait to get my hands on this box set.
I've met him on a couple of occasions, and in person he's just as you see / hear him in the media. A genuinely good fella.

Both times, he looks you right in the eye as he's reaching out his hand, saying "Pleased to meet you".

And, likewise, I can barely wait for my boxset to arrive too! It's not even meant to be released worldwide until the 18th, but there are people who've already received theirs. Lucky buggers!

Nuke

Staff member
Mine arrived yesterday too. I'll give it a play on Monday. Can't wait!

Latest posts