What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inter to fall from Grace

langpark

First Grade
From Mourinho to Benitez, what a change.

I guess this is pretty old news, but i only just noticed it myself and was pretty surprised. I guess I'd been too focused on the WC. I really thought they would have tried to get someone better the Benitez.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Benitez did win a Champions League with Liverpool..

Yes, his latter years were riddled with poor, confusing tactics and overpaid players, but the guy's CV is still quite impressive.

He's no Jose, but with the Inter squad they should still do well imo.

Jimbo

Immortal
On the other side of that coin, the thought of Jose managing Real Madrid is a bit scary...

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Fat Spanish Waiter will be fine, and jose has got a huge job in front of him

Villa, Iniesta, Xavi,Messi, Busquets, Fabregas(Potentially) playing for a whole year together is just deadly.

How jose can over come that ill never know

Tom Shines

First Grade
They'll be sweet. Don't forget Inter are also cashed up from the sales of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and *cough* Patrick Vieira...

That Liverpool squad is rubbish not even the majestic Louis van Gaal would get that crap to play well Liverpool should be thanking him that he over achieved enough to steal a Europa League spot.

langpark

First Grade
They'll be sweet. Don't forget Inter are also cashed up from the sales of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and *cough* Patrick Vieira...
never seen a better opportunity to use the expression 'laughing all the way to the bank' than now

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I dont rate Benitez, but it will be interesting to see how he goes at Inter.

Anything less than the Serie A title and probably semis of the CL would be considered a failure, you'd have to say.

langpark

First Grade
Ok i just had to re-open this discussion... so another loss for inter today, against Chievo. An injury-time consolation goal from Eto'o is the only thing keeping them in 6th place (europa cup qualifying zone), because Palermo won today, and are just one point behind on goal difference.

So, is it now more of question of when than if? I think a home loss to Twente this Wednesday night will be enough to see the axe fall.

A loss against Chievo was supposed to see the axe fall I'm not so sure Moratti cares about the Champions League as much now they have finally won it again. Rafa has the European champions at his disposal and he is crying out for Moratti to spend money in the summer, haven't we heard that before? He's also crying out about injuries. Sorry Rafa but every team goes through that and only Samuel, Cambiasso and Julio Cesar I will give you as worries for the team the rest like Suazo, Muntari and Mariga aren't regulars anyway.

I haven't seen a new manager come in to a team, European champions no less, and f**k everything up as quickly as Rafa has.

half

Coach
look, inter is still going really good... it's just that every other team in italy is damn fine as well

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Carlo *allegedly* tendered his resignation and was turned down, so i cant see him going

Last edited by a moderator:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ancelotti at Inter ? as a Milan I'd like to see that

Most Milan fans were happy to see the back of him and he's doing such a good job at Chelski

Milan fans were happy to see Leonardo appointed they're all idiots.

For all the criticism he deserves the fat Spanish waiter deserves credit for trying to get an Italian team to play attacking football.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They weren't happy seeing Leo sacked either

Then along comes a new coach and Galliani forks out a gazillion euros for Ibra and Robinho and Ibra has almost single handedly put Milan on top of the ladder, his form has been outstanding.

Hardly a fair comparison.

langpark

First Grade
They weren't happy seeing Leo sacked either

Then along comes a new coach and Galliani forks out a gazillion euros for Ibra and Robinho and Ibra has almost single handedly put Milan on top of the ladder, his form has been outstanding.

Hardly a fair comparison.
I think Ibrahimavic has finally found his feet at Milan and is finally playing some decent football. Who knows, if he continues like this he may even shake the over-rated tag that he's had for so long. He and Robinho will be getting quite a bit of match time together now, seeing as Pato and Inzaghi both got injured last week.

As for Rafa, I can't say i've seen any evidence of him getting them to play attacking football.

half

Coach
if he continues like this he may even shake the over-rated tag that he's had for so long.
yeah, it's about time ibra dominated the serie a

as for rafa's attacking football, well the defensive line is up and that's certainly leading to plenty of goals