What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International Logo

***MH***

Bench
here's my crack at incorperating a logo for an international league organization....

IRL.JPG

the silhoette of a player in action surrounded by the colours of the international test teams (in the theme of the olympic flag).... green, black, gold, white, red and blue

although in similar design to most of the american sporting logos, it is easily identifiable and simple to the eye... i was hoping i could introduce the XIII (13) numerals somewhere in the design as well, perhaps a future alteration though.

Big Bunny

Juniors
It's an interesting design but I can't imagine the poms being all too happy about it being green and gold with a dash of black. One thing to remember is that with a logo it's better to go with 2-3 colours when it's a simple design, it helps in reproducing it at smaller sizes and it's stronger. So the text at the very least should be one colour, perhaps one of the three already used in the logotype itself. Also you might want to try using a bold font other than 'impact' which gets used to death. I like the player in the middle, it works but he looks heavily endowed. Maybe that bump shold be brushed out.

It's a nice effort, even better to see that you're keen for the RLIF to have one. They currently do but it's a picture of the world with some weird looking lines through it. Yours is a definite improvement.

Dakink

Bench
I think I prefer the logo from MH with a little reworking. The RLIF one is a tad plain and boring. You couldnt tell from looking what sport it is. MH's with XIII on their somewhere gives a little more indication what sport it represents.

***MH***

Bench
i don't mind if anyone touches up the design... i choose the green/black/gold as the dominant colours because using blue/white/red would make it look like too much NBA/MLB style.
nba_logo_32649.gif

MLB%20logo%20for%20light%20background.gif

logo.jpg

but you can see how effective the silhoette can identify each sport

Jeffles

Bench
Too much red and yellow.

I had a go at a logo last year but that ws on my old computer. Wish I'd kept it.

Jeffles

Bench
I have many problems. WTF are those lines going through the globe. And the countries in yellow with a white background looks sh*te.

carlnz

Bench
its a logo get over it..there is nothing wrong with it! Im happy with it...it shows the world as a rugby league ball..its simple and good...

southsman

Juniors
MH is logo is a good idea but how about the colours that surround it actually change depending on where the team is from . For instance the Blue and red for england and Red and Black for PNG. This stops any teams getting angry because of the choice of colours.

carlnz

Bench
Why do you guys want to copy off american sports? How often do you need to see the International logo?

Jeffles

Bench
I don't like to compare, but the Onion logo and the FIFA logo are synonymous with the sport and they are a global link that transcends language and borders. It's about unity.

griff

Bench
carlnz said:
its a logo get over it..there is nothing wrong with it! Im happy with it...it shows the world as a rugby league ball..its simple and good...

That logo good??? You must be kidding. It is a dead set shocker. It is probably the worst logo I have ever seen.

It is an unprofessional logo, so it makes the sport look unprofessional.

***MH***

Bench
i guess the current logo could be worse.... it could be this

actually..... that one is better than our current one!

yankeeboy

Juniors
worldtitle.gif

The above logo is located at world.rleague.com and I believe was also used for the World Sevens logo.

It is better than the current RLIF logo, but still has the problem of only showing half of the world.

Maybe a rugby ball with the panels divided into national flags would work.

***MH***

Bench
hiss..... rleague!!! :p

yeah, that's a good logo though, the one used in the world sevens... perhaps a spinning animated version showing all countries?