What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International Rugby League - Looking healthy ..

coach

In fact Australia's winning percentage from 2004-2009 is 78.8%

In the past 4 years (2006-09) Austrlai has played 18 tests and won 15 of them. Thats a success rate of 83.3 percent.

Regardless of whether its 78 or 83 or 99 percent for the sake of international football Australia wins too many games.

Steve Davy

Juniors
Give over. The Union players in the UK are of a higher standard than in SL now. Sure they still have the rolly polly forwards but their backs are better.

Union is a much bigger sport in the UK too, so the chances of signing a Union player already attached to a club is bordering on the impossible. If anything we'll see more league players moving to Union.

Kyle Eastmond is rumoured to be the next one.

Have you seen England RU play in recent years? Please do not fall for Wallaby hype. The type of skills taken for granted in RL are still often missing from English RU. I am a player at a RU club, so this is no idle bias.

I would agree though, the the impossibility of signing a star back from England makes the suggestion rather redundent. There will be occasional players better suited to RL, such as as Offiah or a Botham, but they are rare.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
The point is Australia win but not 99% of the time. We win as much as the All Blacks yet no-one critizes them the media build an aura about them yet our Kangaroos are just as good if not better. Having said that it would be good for another nation to rise up, and for 65mins last night I thought it was going to be England.

The Tri Nations and 4 Nations have been great tournaments for RL.

In the 2004, 05, 06, 09 series plus 08 WC - Australia's winning % is 70.8%. Also we have won 3 of these from 5 including one in which we were taken deep into extra time. So internationally league is heading in the right direction.

Archangel2

Juniors
The Poms held it together for 60 mins...I think the loss of there Centre hurt them more than one would think...

Also I firmly beleive that not only the NRL comp but Ozzie weather helps them really well, same can be said in some ways for Boks in Saffaland, Ozzies in Cricket.

Hard fast grounds, against wet boggy grounds not the whole reason but continuing play in one condittion I think sways a game to the condittions not the full answer obviously as exceptions to the rule always happen but I think it is more of a mitigating factor than most people think....Plus of course variables like culture and coaching club admins other competing sports.

However I think England will continue to get better as more players head down-under...As for getting players from Union...not really the answer in the long term.
Just a quick fix....still I think Super League will continue to improve but slowly at the moment most clubs apart from the top 3-maybe 4 would not be able to compete at NRL Level after the first 60 mins.

Latest posts