What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intervention....

The Popper

Bench
I must be almost brain dead. At least I'm brain numb. I watch the Sharks performances and, most weeks, become angrier and angrier when I think what coulda been. I go home snarling. The missus steers clear of me. It probably takes anything from 2 to 4 hours for the feelings to subside somewhat. I hop on the computer to air my disappointment, my vitriol, my self-pity and my sorrow.
Then next week I back up again. I'm a fool!
Like Newman, I have a love/hate relationship with the Sharks. I love them and want them always to win. Yet, at the same time I hate them for the destruction they have wreaked on my psyche - both on and off the field. My deepest desire is that they win a premiership before I die.
HELP ME!!!!!

snoozer

Bench
there is no help for the likes of us.

there's the anger, numbness and surrendered resignation which then slowly builds to some sort of hope only to be repeated the following week.

i'm going to take the quigs route and just be happy we beat the goons this year-i think thats going to be our only real joy this year.

in one of the other threads ausguy said he was in tears over the douglas signing(thread banter no doubt).i laughed at that thinking my tears have gone long ago- i had them in 78(still young) but they slowly dried up and were gone by 99.

now dust falls out of my eyes.

Me too Pop. My missus like yours goes upstairs and won't come near until the next day and I haven't watched our useless mob for 2 weeks. Refuse to do so until they show some willingness to win.

1 premiership before I die - just 1.

carinashark

First Grade
Im getting tired, 1967 Sutherland Oval , 2011 Shark Park , Kelly out , Doug going , Snowy under aa cloud,Gards ankle. What a month.

Quigs

Immortal
I'm still strapped in for the ride.

I'm over the anger and the stupidity. I watch the lads now and I know what to expect.

I just love it. Everynow and then we jag a big scalp and it makes it all worth while.

Look how sh!t we have been recently and we still mopped the stinking stains.

It's like the boxing. If you want to fight for a title you have to go through the ranks to get to the top. Along the way you come up against good fighters that you know will never be champs. They are often referred to as "Gatekeepers" You have to pass them to get a good shot at a title.

But have you ever stopped to think who the Gatekeepers have to beat to become .... well Gatekeepers.

I don't think that level has been given a unofficial title yet. I guess they could be called "stepping Stones" of even "sharks"

Who knows.

But they are my boys and I love em all.

Stoner Rock

Juniors
It's almost to the stage now where if they won a permiership I wouldn't be able to support them any more. They just wouldn't be the Sharks I love any more.

Almost.

Quigs

Immortal
Knowing my luck Stoner I'd still be alive to watch us in a winning position in a GF with 15 seconds to go and in my excitement I'd trip over the fatally collapsed carcus of either Popper or Carina.

I believe our course has been plotted. A lot before us have gone before witnessing our greatest moment and I think a few of us will also be in that same boat.

Farkkk it's definately not going to happen overnight.

Latest posts