What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inu another lemon buy?

ozreece77

Juniors
Already let in 3 tries tonight against St George and threw a pass that lead to a St George penalty goal.
Seems like a complete waste of money to me. Brings very little on attack and too casual on defense. Why did the Warriors buy him?

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Already let in 3 tries tonight against St George and threw a pass that lead to a St George penalty goal.
Seems like a complete waste of money to me. Brings very little on attack and too casual on defense. Why did the Warriors buy him?

Its called coming-off-contract-got-too-make-an-offer-you-cant-refuse-syndrome happened with Lillybin, Tate (although has been all good) and now Mateo and Inu.

Maybe an email to Dean Bell could answer your question.

blain

Juniors
yeah Inu... funny case isnt he. I hope someone can shove a boot up his arse because we all know how good he can be. Im sure Wiki will be used in a mentor role, the mana man should make it his mission to get the attitude right.

mean

Juniors
Its called coming-off-contract-got-too-make-an-offer-you-cant-refuse-syndrome happened with Lillybin, Tate (although has been all good) and now Mateo and Inu.

Maybe an email to Dean Bell could answer your question.

Bell is on 40/20 this Sunday. McIvor invited viewers to send in questions, there's your opportunity. While you're at it, ask him what his salary is?

Martli

Coach
Why is there a question mark at the end of this thread title?

Well you see a question mark (the "?" that is on your keyboard) is often used at the end of a sentence when one is asking a question. This question can be to a single person, or multiple persons. In this case, the OP is asking the forum whether they think Inu is a "lemon buy" or not; a "Lemon buy" being a term commonly used in economics for a product that is of a low-standard but is not perceived as such.

Hope that helps.

Micistm

Bench
Inu looked so good in early days, but don't think the Eels will be too gutted to lose him.
He can be good, but hasn't shown it lately. I wasn't overly thrilled to hear he was coming here tbh.

Meth

Staff member
It was one game.

Inu is an enigma. Sometimes, he is brilliant. Sometimes, he is woeful. He'll fit right in at the Warriors

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I think Bell in all honesty has done a good job.
recruitment has been relatively good recently.
I like his all or nothing approach - i would rather gamble on mateo and inu.

Than sign another tate like person. Who will add little to the team.

We need some centres desperately.
Inu has the talents, pace footwork - Will need to learn how to defend.
However eels have never really stuck with him and anderson would never work wit inu. His coaching is ineffective with mateo and inu.

moon = waste of space. Has imaginaries skills to apparentyl play 6. Never yet seen. GET RID OF HIM. his career -> nowhere.
He even looks slow and unfit. Got carved up all day.
He has been a waste of money.

Lilyman - who we paid over for even though nobody wanted him including his club who he had one more year left.

tate - we paid him massive overs and has done jack.
He if he had played more footy and too his potential never worth it.

Resigning Ropati - bad move while he tried hard past two games. He needs to go.
too slow again like moon got carved on D. By bargain bin signing geoff daniela.

Rich102

Staff member
I think Bell in all honesty has done a good job.
recruitment has been relatively good recently.
I like his all or nothing approach - i would rather gamble on mateo and inu.

Than sign another tate like person. Who will add little to the team.

We need some centres desperately.
Inu has the talents, pace footwork - Will need to learn how to defend.
However eels have never really stuck with him and anderson would never work wit inu. His coaching is ineffective with mateo and inu.

moon = waste of space. Has imaginaries skills to apparentyl play 6. Never yet seen. GET RID OF HIM. his career -> nowhere.
He even looks slow and unfit. Got carved up all day.
He has been a waste of money.

Lilyman - who we paid over for even though nobody wanted him including his club who he had one more year left.

tate - we paid him massive overs and has done jack.
He if he had played more footy and too his potential never worth it.

Resigning Ropati - bad move while he tried hard past two games. He needs to go.
too slow again like moon got carved on D. By bargain bin signing geoff daniela.

You compliment Bell on his recruitment and then criticise two of his signings, Moon & Lillyman.

I think his signings have been rubbish. Not what the club needed at all.

Iafeta

Referee
Dean Bell wasn't responsible for Joel Moon or Jacob Lillyman. Bell was the U20s Welfare Manager in 2008-2009 when those players were signed. He was appointed to the recruitment role at the end of the 2009 season. He is responsible thus far only for Mateo and Inu.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The best way to sum up where Inu is at is too listen to Peter Sterling

You seldom hear him bag a players effort or performance, but you could hear it in his voice last night he was discussing Inu's play how disappointed he is with his performances

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Well you see a question mark (the "?" that is on your keyboard) is often used at the end of a sentence when one is asking a question. This question can be to a single person, or multiple persons. In this case, the OP is asking the forum whether they think Inu is a "lemon buy" or not; a "Lemon buy" being a term commonly used in economics for a product that is of a low-standard but is not perceived as such.

Hope that helps.

I believe Buffalo was meaning its a fact so no need for the ? or question mark as first refered too.

BuffaloRules

Coach

Hope that helps.

Do you understand my point after the game today?

The bloke is a lemon.

Fullstop.

Rovelli

Bench
He needs a fresh start. We're giving him that. He can be an absolute freak of a player. I do worry about his consistency, but many of our favourite Warriors also struggle/have struggled with the same problem.