What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inu must be in the side

Freak2

Juniors
Time to talk some footy!!

For mine Inu must be in our starting side for season 2010.

On paper he looks like the obvious choice to miss out, but I think he is set for a massive year and in particular early on.

Until his contract negotiations have been settled upon then we need to provide Krisnan with an opportunity to maximise his potential earn by showing all potential buyers (including Parra retention) why he is worth the bucks.

This can only benefit our team and thus my reasoning for him being selected in front of Reddy / Guru / Burt or even Tahu.

The Colonel

Immortal
I firmly believe that Reddy is the odd man out..... his versatility probably counts against him a little and the way that Grothe and Burt in particular finished the season I can't see either of them being moved from the wing. INU! will be highly motivated to play alongside Tahu in the centres IMO.

It is a good position to be in.

Freak2

Juniors
I think you might be right Colonel.

The only other option to avoid this difficult (but great) position is to go back to the 2009 experiment of Hayne to 6.

Now every man and his dog suggested that was an error, but in hinsight was it????
After playing their Haynzey went on to have the greatest individual season of football we have ever seen at Parramatta since the legends of the 80's.

I would be tempted to go there again??? If not with Hayne maybe Tahu or Burty??

Mickyd39

Juniors
i think DA should just field 14 players, that way no one would miss out.

who would know. lol.

i also think Reddy may be the one to miss out.

i agree with The Colonel, good position to be in.

Delboy

First Grade
Looking at some games from last year last night, sad I know but that is what the IQ is for, Inu was impressive when fit.

This is his year to stand up, at one stage he was rated ahead of a few superstars, but he needs the " willing to go to war " head on to realise his potential.

I would definitely pick him in the backline , tough call for Luke or Joel. possibly Luke as Inu's best position is swapping with Tahu, but injuries may make it a 5 person 3/4 line ( not forgetting Jono Wright too).

The Eel

Juniors

The only other option to avoid this difficult (but great) position is to go back to the 2009 experiment of Hayne to 6.

Now every man and his dog suggested that was an error, but in hinsight was it????
After playing their Haynzey went on to have the greatest individual season of football we have ever seen at Parramatta since the legends of the 80's.

eels4lyf

bit harsh on reddy dont you think? he wasa one of our most consistent the whole 24 games . . . even when we were watching an u/12's side at times

The Eel

Juniors

I wouldn't like to see Jaz moved from 1. He killed it there in the last quarter of the season and did some freakish things. Would he be able to do the same things at 6? He looked lost there for mine. It is a difficult, but good position to be in, but I would be inclined to go this way with the backs:

Hayne
Inu
Tahu
Reddy - He has come on so well over the last couple of years
Grothe

I would trial Burt at 14. He can play every possie in the backline. If Inu doesn't get his act together, put him back in. Having said all that, Reddy will probably be the odd man out.

While Inu may not be the flavour of the month with the groupies on here .....INU's got to be there somewhere. For me Burty would get the flick not Reddy. INU can goal kick and is a better attacking player with sound defence........ Burty is a top bloke. I'm not bagging Burty at all as he did have a good 2009 season but someones got to miss out....

1.Hayne
2.Reddy
3.INU
4.TAHU
5. Grothe
6. Mortimer
7. KK

The Eel

Juniors
I wouldn't like to see Jaz moved from 1. He killed it there towards the back end of the year, and did some freakish things. Would he be able to do the same things at 6? I would go this way with the backs:

Hayne
Inu
Tahu
Reddy - He has come on so well over the last couple of years
Grothe

I would have Burt at 14. He can play every possie in the backline and we can always put him back in the starting line up if Inu doesn't get his act together. Having said all that, Reddy will probably be the one to miss out unfortunately. It is a good, but difficult position to be in.

Just on Reddy..... In the Juniors I really never rated him but I have come to admire him more and more in the last year. In fact the type of player he is brings balance to the force... I mean backline. You need his type of player in any team. Someone that can score Ugly trys etc etc etc. You can't have a backline with sleek, skilled in every posy. Someones got to do the dirty stuff and I believe Reddy fits this description easily.

natheel

Coach
of our gf team that r still with us i think DA will show loyalty too

Grothe and burt
Fui and Cayless
Robbo and morts

Reddy i wouldnt be surprised if hes on the bench to start the year as a back up back and even in the backrow if needed.

my rd 1 team would be considering no injuries

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Inu
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mortimer
7. Robson
8. Cayless (c)
9. M. Keating
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Smith
13. Mateo
14. Reddy - Centre/Five Eight/lock
15. Shackleton -Backrow/Lock
16. Poore
17. Mannah

i rekon with that bench it brings versatility

if Keating becomes an 80 minute hooker (i believe he will) we wont need a back up hooker so id say if robbo and morts carry on from last year KK might miss out Reddy imo brings a bit more vrsatility than keating with the size advantage

i really am not sure, i am glad i am not the coach, tough decision for DA, but that is why he is paid the big bucks. I would expect him to experiment big time in the trials and first few rounds, i'm sure he will find th best combination, i feel for the player who is left out. But a real good position to be in especially considering there will be injuries at some stage. tahu for one i would expect to miss a few weeks with his hammy's the way they are.

oh, as for hayne moving to 6, no thanks, he killed it at 1 and we should leave him there. we will have the same worries in the halves as well as the forwards, DA has some big decisions to make over the next 8 odd weeks..

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I think we just drop whoever is not playing well. It's a good position to be in.

Anyway won't be long until tahu is injured.

franklin2323

Immortal
From an outsider's point of view. Grothe should go to the backrow. You guys are skinny in the back row, Reddy and Tahu have some size so you will still have a size outwide. Grothe's 30 this year old for a back weighs 100kg+ runs hard (not a stepping winger) shouldn't make much to convert to the backrow.

Make the bench

Robson (K.Keating should be 7). He has played hooker in lower grades he can come off the bench as interchange hooker or half if they are struggling.
Mannah
Shackleton
Grothe

Parra Guru

Coach
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mortimer
7. Robson
13. Mateo
12. Shackelton
11. Hindmarsh (c)
10. Moimoi
9. M Keating
8. Poore

14. K Keating
15. B Smith
16. Cayless
17. Mannah

18. Inu

I would be happy with either Inu or Reddy but I think Inu needs to pull his finger out. There's no doubt he has great potential.

Latest posts