What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inu must be in the side

Gaffman

Juniors
Don't ask me how our backline will look for round 1 but in the trials i'd have Hayne at 6 and Inu at 1 and i guess Mortimer at 7. "Pffft Gaffman, you've lost the plot!" Maybe so :) But something has to ignite the potential Inu has... figuring that out will be DA's biggest challenge at the start of this season.

dazeely

First Grade
Reddy is a must. Quite shocked it has been mentioned he should make way for inu with tahu back. Reddy has earnt his spot with consistent footy. IMO inu has not. If he is good enough he will give da a pleasant selection headache. Until then he does not deserve the spot.

lingard

Coach
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mortimer
7. Robson
13. Mateo
12. Shackelton
11. Hindmarsh (c)
10. Moimoi
9. M Keating
8. Poore

14. K Keating
15. B Smith
16. Cayless
17. Mannah

18. Inu

I would be happy with either Inu or Reddy but I think Inu needs to pull his finger out. There's no doubt he has great potential.

By George, I think you`ve got it! I agree with that whole team. While I think that Tahu should be the one to miss out initially, realistically they didn`t buy Tahu to play reserves. So Inu plays for Wenty and waits his chance - which he must really take by the scruff of the neck this time!

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
If I was coach I would be looking at Reddy as an all-rounder coming off the bench, who can fill many holes during a game.. lock, 2nd/row (possibly hooker), 5/8, center, wing, f/back. I would encourage him to put on a few more kilos in the Gym (he is not going to get any faster), encourage him to become a player like D Wagon, C Robinson etc and even like his Father (without the unnecessary violence ---- 1977 GF), be a powerful roving attacking striker running off Cayless, Fui, Mannah, Poore, Hindy, Mateo, Smith, Tahu, Inu, etc.

Joel has a great brain who listens and follows his coaches instructions. He will know the game plan inside out, will know the roll of each team player pretty well and can fill in at a pinch when required during the heat of battle. Shackleton or Mannah to be the odd one out.

I would leave the team as this for the first few rounds ..

1. Hayne
2. Grothe
3. Tahu/Inu
4. Inu/Tahu
5. Burt
6. Mortimer
7. Robson
8. Fui
9. Kingston
10. Poore
11. Hindmarsh
12. Smith
13. Mateo

14. Keating (unless Humble or Mitchell out shines K Keating for 14 during training & trials - Stagger Eel seems to have the inside news on Humble)
15. Reddy
16. Cayless (Poore/Fui)
17. Mannah/Shackleton

fanool

Juniors
I just dunno.

I can't leave anyone out.

It comes down to Reddy, Inu or Burt.

Hayne, Grothe and Tahu are too good to leave out full stop.

Reddy and Burt (as pointed out by Carson) racked up some points last year.

I'd leave Inu out as much as it pains me. Such a waste.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
As far as im concerned, no one is guarenteed a place in the backline except Hayne.

Everyone says that Tahu should start, yet alot of people say that Justin Poore needs to earn his place ahead of Cayless and Moi Moi.

I wouldnt argue with putting Tahu on the bench for the first few rounds and pushing Grothe or Reddy into the back row when he comes on, or put Burt at hooker.

eel4life

Juniors
It is a hard call, someone will miss out somewhere, but that is a good thing as it will mean there is a genuine competition for places ... hopefully this will push us through to the next level, Tahu, Shack and Poore are what we needed they have that little bit extra and that is what we need.

we could have 4 players for NSW this year, Hayne Tahu Poore and Shack ... they will be picked for some type of rep footy this year meaning others will get a shot at keeping them out if they are playing good enough.

I just like the look of our forward pack this year, we have more balance this year, hard workers, damaging runners and some serious skill ...

Potentially we have the best bench aswell, all depending on what coach wants ... can't wait for the first trial game ....

andrew057

First Grade
Whoever said Reddy is the odd man out or should be dropped is smoking something. He's been the Eels most consistent back for the past 2 years.

The Colonel

Immortal
Reddy is a must. Quite shocked it has been mentioned he should make way for inu with tahu back. Reddy has earnt his spot with consistent footy. IMO inu has not. If he is good enough he will give da a pleasant selection headache. Until then he does not deserve the spot.

This year with so many selection headaches there would possibly be only two people who have earnt their spots before the season starts. Those two people - Daniel Anderson and Peter Sharp.

One through seventeen, with the possible exceptions of the jerseys 1 and 11, should be in the best interests of the team all considered as vacant.

Parra Guru

Coach
TBH Mateo and Ben Smith cover enough positions between them. I'd have Smith on the bench and the left over back as 18th man.

dazeely

First Grade
This year with so many selection headaches there would possibly be only two people who have earnt their spots before the season starts. Those two people - Daniel Anderson and Peter Sharp.

One through seventeen, with the possible exceptions of the jerseys 1 and 11, should be in the best interests of the team all considered as vacant.

As I said IMO reddy has earnt first shot. Without adoubt trial form and injury will play a major part in the teams makeup come round 1. However if we get lucky and all players show some form and we have no injuries, I strongly believe reddy deserves the spot over Inu. Mr reliable Reddy was easily one of the teams best players throughout the entire season. Inu has shown glimpses only of the form he is capable of. Sure he has the potential to be a world beater but until then it's a no brainer IMO.

Avenger

Immortal
With Grothe and Tahu in the team there will be plenty of opportunities for the others to get a go. They both miss their standard 5 to 10 games a season.

Freak2

Juniors
My sources tell me that Poore is a little on the light side.....

Might start the season from the back row???

Makes a lot of sense with Hiney being a 80 minute player.

The Colonel

Immortal
Poore? Must have stripped some kilos then..... he is generally listed around 108-110kgs. If he has dropped a few kilos he'd be a more decent prospect in the backrow than Cayless at this point in their careers.

Stagger eel

Staff member
My sources tell me that Poore is a little on the light side.....

Might start the season from the back row???

Makes a lot of sense with Hiney being a 80 minute player.

I know this may sound cliche but I was told that they're as fit as they've been in years, this time last year Ando was apparently scratching his head at how poorely the boys looked,

Latest posts