What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inu must be in the side

strider

Post Whore
whatever - i'm just saying he was never "hidden on the wing" like you suggest - he was in the same place as every other half, he just wasn't good at it (like probably 60% of halfbacks these days)

lingard

Coach
Interesting about Poore

8.Cayless
9. Keating
10. FUI
11.Hindmarsh
12.Poore
13.Mateo

Thats a good pack but may leak tries due to mobility.

Bench

14. Robson / KK
15. Mannah
16. Shackelton
17. Smith

But then the Bench seems light on for go forward......

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Tahu
4. Reddy
5. Grothe/ Inu
6. Mortimer
7. Robson
8. Cayless
9. M. Keating
10. Poore
11. Hindmarsh
12. Smith
13. Mateo

14. K, Keating
15. Moi Moi
16. Shackleton
17. Mannah

Fixed.

^b0ss^

Juniors
just thought i would mention as we all should know by now you need about 26 good players to win a comp..

i think we can all agree there are going to be injurys

lingard

Coach
I AGREE !!

This is my main point of the thread which i posted up on ' Tim Smith > Robson'

KK would now be our top priority in being the better halfback atm with his style of play .

IMO Robson plays way too original and safe. He needs to be way more creative and start leading the team in attack, instead of jst feeding it to teamates and 'hoping for the best....'

You may have a point here. The thing is, though, that Parramatta had just come through a very chaotic period where we had Brett Finch at half, who tried WAY TOO HARD and threw hospital passess, passed into touch, kicked out on the full, ran around like a headless chook most of the time.
Robson came in and provided stability. You might agree or disagree with the notion that he organised the team or that he 'steered us around the park'. I don`t think he really did either of those, but he did provide STABILITY, which was much needed.
Now, whether he was told by Anderson to limit himself to that, or whether that is the extent of his capabilities, we`ll find out this year. I suspect theres a bit of truth in both assertions, but I also think he might be an improved player next year. I reckon he desrves first crack at it, though.
And it is totally absurd to compare him to Tim Smith, who is gone, dead, buried, never to come back. Why not compare Robson to Peter Sterling - it would make as much sense. (For the record, I think Sterling was slightly better.) :lol:

Gaffman

Juniors
Don't you love how this Inu selection thread got turned into the Robson/KK/Morts (and somehow T. Smith) debate :)

My summary of Robson (and others have touched on it) is that while lacking the skills and vision of the absolute superstar halfbacks in the current game (Thurston, Prince, Marshall), he does a job for our team which we need. Feed the ball to our outside backs, to Hayne, put it on Fui's chest, support Morts, hold your own in defense, keep up the talk.

Its the same job Cooper Cronk has been doing at Melb for years. A consistent performer who knows his worth to the team is how to best get the ball from their world class hooker into the hands of their world class centre or fullback. And he does it as the unsung hero of that club.

To me this isn't about whether Robbo can do a better or worse job than KK/Morts in the 7. I'm just tired of everyone bagging the bloke because he's not the most skilled halfback in the game. He has my full support at halfback, as do any of our guys, because its not about what they can do as an individual but what role they play in our team dynamic.

ouchie

Juniors
You may have a point here. The thing is, though, that Parramatta had just come through a very chaotic period where we had Brett Finch at half, who tried WAY TOO HARD and threw hospital passess, passed into touch, kicked out on the full, ran around like a headless chook most of the time.
Robson came in and provided stability. You might agree or disagree with the notion that he organised the team or that he 'steered us around the park'. I don`t think he really did either of those, but he did provide STABILITY, which was much needed.
Now, whether he was told by Anderson to limit himself to that, or whether that is the extent of his capabilities, we`ll find out this year. I suspect theres a bit of truth in both assertions, but I also think he might be an improved player next year. I reckon he desrves first crack at it, though.
And it is totally absurd to compare him to Tim Smith, who is gone, dead, buried, never to come back. Why not compare Robson to Peter Sterling - it would make as much sense. (For the record, I think Sterling was slightly better.) :lol:

Lets just hope robson becomes bigger and better this year, with an improved kicking and passing game..

parra pete

Referee
[QUOTE=Gaffman;6311944]Don't you love how this Inu selection thread got turned into the Robson/KK/Morts (and somehow T. Smith) debate :)

My summary of Robson (and others have touched on it) is that while lacking the skills and vision of the absolute superstar halfbacks in the current game (Thurston, Prince, Marshall), he does a job for our team which we need. Feed the ball to our outside backs, to Hayne, put it on Fui's chest, support Morts, hold your own in defense, keep up the talk.

Its the same job Cooper Cronk has been doing at Melb for years. A consistent performer who knows his worth to the team is how to best get the ball from their world class hooker into the hands of their world class centre or fullback. And he does it as the unsung hero of that club.

To me this isn't about whether Robbo can do a better or worse job than KK/Morts in the 7. I'm just tired of everyone bagging the bloke because he's not the most skilled halfback in the game. He has my full support at halfback, as do any of our guys, because its not about what they can do as an individual but what role they play in our team dynamic.[/QUOTE]

Go back...It was Stagger who took it off on that tangent...Hijacking bastard... :lol:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Back on topic:

I think Inu will need to impress to make this side. I would as I said before have either Tahu or Inu on the bench and bring them on to provide impact around the ruck at the expense of the bench hooker.

mrblue

Juniors
When Hayne and Inu's form slid in 2008 and everyone here started losing their patience I made a mental note to withhold judgment until the final year of their contract based on the talent we know they have. Since then Hayne has come good and I still think it's only a matter of time for Inu too, but this is his final year for me. He either produces or leaves, which probably means he'll come good with another club if he doesn't fire.

lingard

Coach
When Hayne and Inu's form slid in 2008 and everyone here started losing their patience I made a mental note to withhold judgment until the final year of their contract based on the talent we know they have. Since then Hayne has come good and I still think it's only a matter of time for Inu too, but this is his final year for me. He either produces or leaves, which probably means he'll come good with another club if he doesn't fire.

Agree. And he might have to start his 2010 campaign in Wenty.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Inu is all class, and the fact his idol Timana is back will mean he'll get back to his best. I guarantee it.

Robson > Smith

dazeely

First Grade
Wish I was as confident as you eelemetary re inu. Will wait and see. Still have my doubts unfortunately.

Phillips

Referee
Inu isnt class.. he has the potential to become a class player though, hopefully he can do that here.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I respectfully disagree.

Krisnan Inu has done some freakish things. He is a beast under the high ball; he's twinkle toes; he's found aggression in defence; and he has a great offload.

In my eyes he was outstanding in the Grand Final and against Canterbury. And he looked even more dangerous when Mateo was on the field carving up and looking to offload.

I honestly think you'll see Inu realise his potential with Tahu back, and with Mateo feeding him quality ball.

Latest posts