What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Investec Super 14 Round 2:: Sun :: Bulls 59 v Blues 26 @ Loftus Versfeld

Investec Super 14 Round 2 :: Bulls v Blues

• Bulls

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Blues

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

griffo346

First Grade
0,5001,6474407,00.jpg
VS
0,5001,6474406,00.jpg

Bulls:

Zane Kirchner; Akona Ndungane, Jaco Pretorius, Wynand Olivier, Bryan Habana; Morné Steyn, Fourie Du Preez (Captain); Pierre Spies, Dewald Johan Potgieter, Deon Stegmann; Danie Rossouw, Bakkies Botha; Werner Kruger, Derick Kuun, Gurthro Steenkamp. Replacements: Chilliboy Ralepelle, Frik Kirsten, Wilhelm Steenkamp, Pedrie Wannenburg, Heini Adams, Burton Francis, JP Nel.

Blues:

Isaia Toeava; Rene Ranger, Anthony Tuitavake, Paul Williams, Jamie Helleur; Jimmy Gopperth, Chris Smylie; Chris Lowrey, Josh Blackie, Justin Collins; Anthony Boric, Kurtis Haiu; John Afoa, Keven Mealamu (captain)/Tom McCartney, Tevita Mailau. Replacements: McCartney/Francis Smith, Tony Woodcock, Dean Budd, Onosa'i Auva'a, Grayson Hart, Michael Hobbs, Winston Stanley​

Referee:

Available Friday​

Last edited:

Alehana

Juniors
this should be a great game, so hard to pick a winner, but i'm going to pick the blues

why

well, 1. pat lam, i didn't think he would make the transition from NPC to S14 as well as he has, altho just into 1 game, what he did to the blues team in round 1 was incredible, a very inexperienced young side, up against the opposite away from home at subiaco oval, down at half time, to come back and win is impressive, with a few changes, and if they play like they did last week i have no worries that they can win.

My only concerns are with Paul Williams goal kicking, if it comes down to that we are screwed. Jamie Helleur at 12, didn't see much of him in NPC last year, but under Pat Lam i have a bit more confidence in him.

be interesting to see Josh Blackie back, sad to see him go but even better to see him back, saw him at the game in perth last week, not that big, but he better step up this week against the big Safrican pack.

Why Woodcock on the bench? he didn't play that bad last week, must be some tactical move. see how it works out.

go Blues!!

African Monkey

First Grade
this should be a great game, so hard to pick a winner, but i'm going to pick the blues

why

well, 1. pat lam, i didn't think he would make the transition from NPC to S14 as well as he has, altho just into 1 game, what he did to the blues team in round 1 was incredible, a very inexperienced young side, up against the opposite away from home at subiaco oval, down at half time, to come back and win is impressive, with a few changes, and if they play like they did last week i have no worries that they can win.

My only concerns are with Paul Williams goal kicking, if it comes down to that we are screwed. Jamie Helleur at 12, didn't see much of him in NPC last year, but under Pat Lam i have a bit more confidence in him.

be interesting to see Josh Blackie back, sad to see him go but even better to see him back, saw him at the game in perth last week, not that big, but he better step up this week against the big Safrican pack.

Why Woodcock on the bench? he didn't play that bad last week, must be some tactical move. see how it works out.

go Blues!!
If Gopperth is starting then he'll take over the goal-kicking duties.

I can't believe we've gone with Helleur at 12. He is an average player in all his positions and I would struggle to fit him into the Counties Manukau lineup let alone the Blues starting lineup.

Hopefully we don't suffer any injuries in the backline or else we're f**ked with Hart and Stanley who are no more than club players and don't deserve to be anywhere near any side let alone the Blues side.

Chris Lowrey is another average player who went ok last week thankfully. The sooner Kaino comes back the better.

We should get beaten.

African Monkey

First Grade
That sounds similar to last week
I picked the Blues to win last week but with a different midfield combination and with no-one coming off the bench, we really should be beaten comfortably. I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see it.

Parra

Referee
Toughest match of the round. Bulls should win. Given all the close margins so far, why should this game be different. Bulls by 5.