What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Irvine speaks

DJDL

First Grade
The same could be said for Irvine. In the last week we have had a coach and a CEO quite and both of them saying they can't work with Irvine. When is this twit going to be reeled in.

Where did Fisk say he couldn't work with Irvine?

Wozza

Juniors
Where did Fisk say he couldn't work with Irvine?
JUST four days after the resignation of coach Ricky Stuart, Sharks CEO Richard Fisk quit yesterday, admitting he had a strained relationship with the club's chairman Damian Irvine.

"Damian and I had very different views on a lot of things," Fisk told The Daily Telegraph after deciding not to renew his one-year contract.

"It disappoints me immensely to be leaving but sometimes it's just time.

Inferno

Coach
(url="www.website.com")Link(/url)

Square brackets instead of round ones DJDL.

I don't think many on here had faith in Sticky leading us for another season, perhaps the board had the same opinion and that's how the problems begun?

Fisk is great mates with Sticky and if the board had issues with Sticky, of course he was going to stick up for his mate.

Personally I think the lesson learned from this is that the CEO and Coach are independent and don't owe anything to each other.

Inferno

Coach
Apology for what?
Do you know the inner workings of the club? Do you know the issues that Irvine and Fisk disagreed on? Can you say that Fisk is right in regard to these issues? I dont know these answers and until I do I wouldnt be pointing the finger at Irvine. Time will tell. But fugg, I think there's a massive panic and over reaction to this news.

Have to agree with this. AGM is on monday, if people have concerns go along and ask questions. Some of the speculation in this place is hilarious.

jc155776

Coach
So...

"The club was on its knees financially a year ago and could have gone under, but now we're pretty much stable," he said.

"We've had a $1.5 million turnaround from increasing turnover and cutting costs in the football club. The place is much better off.

So its not all doom and gloom????

Board members clash with coach and ceo?? What a disaster, would never happen at any other club!!!!!

This is what happens when a team wins 8 games out of 40.

PJ

First Grade
Gunna i believe he was involved in getting a new major sponsor and shoring up some of the existing ones who were looking to leave..

Sam yes it may well be an over reaction but on the heels of the coach and the other guy who was bought in to oversee the club development it does not look good.

Now lets suppose many of you are right and Fisk wasn't the man for the job and we can do better. Why then was he employed at all? Why not do a proper recruiting job at the time?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Could it be that Fisk was not well liked by many of those around him? Hearing things. Hearing a lot of things.

Of course people are hearing things.

It's spin time. The things heard before he left carry more weight than the arse covering things people will hear after he has announced he will leave.

People are in overdrive right now, this minute, down at Sharkies making sure arses are covered and reputations don't get too damaged.

dreary

Juniors
Irvine seems to be the only one being professional here fisk is running off to the telegraph damaging the sharks. If he has issues with the board and irvine they should not be aired in
public

Vossy

Bench
i find it funny that fisk has taken his ball and gone home because he and Irvine had different opinions..sh*t, he wouldnt last in this forum if that was the case

where ever ricky goes, fisk will be there shortly after

Because that was a major critcism of the Barry Pierce days, that there was a lack of transparency, that he had jobs for the boys and promoted within i.e his son Greg to the CEO role instead of advertising. Irvine has gone on record criticising this.

Its bullsh*t journo speak anyway. Irvine was probably asked something like, 'Are you looking at anyone within the club to fill the role' and replied something like, 'We are looking at all options before making a decision'. Hence the journo writes what he did.

Irvine would be crazy to promote from within after his criticisms of the previous board.

its also illegal to deny anyone from inside the club the spot..

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Because that was a major critcism of the Barry Pierce days, that there was a lack of transparency, that he had jobs for the boys and promoted within i.e his son Greg to the CEO role instead of advertising. Irvine has gone on record criticising this.

Ah yeah but Irvine also hopped on the Pierce ticket to get on the board in the first place. Then shafted Barry. That wasn't done with any transparency so why would anyone expect any from him now?

Its bullsh*t journo speak anyway. Irvine was probably asked something like, 'Are you looking at anyone within the club to fill the role' and replied something like, 'We are looking at all options before making a decision'. Hence the journo writes what he did.

Irvine would be crazy to promote from within after his criticisms of the previous board.

Doubtful. The story came through AAP. Not the mainstream outlets. It's just as possible that Irvine contacted them himself. "Probably said" is just an out and out guess on your part.

How much does the club give you to get on here and act as a spin doctor sam?

Also, how much is Cuthbo on?

The Sharks are starting to resemble the NSW Government.

We should do what Labor did and appoint a pretty face as leader.

Lara Bingle for CEO, I'm sure she'd be cheap.

Last edited:

samshark

Juniors
Ah yeah but Irvine also hopped on the Pierce ticket to get on the board in the first place. Then shafted Barry. That wasn't done with any transparency so why would anyone expect any from him now?

Doubtful. The story came through AAP. Not the mainstream outlets. It's just as possible that Irvine contacted them himself. "Probably said" is just an out and out guess on your part.

How much does the club give you to get on here and act as a spin doctor sam?

Also, how much is Cuthbo on?

Of course its a guess, there's as much credibility in what I said there as there is with you highlighting and underlining a sentence from a journalist that basically means nothing.

I know your just trying to get a bite. I support the club as a member and ticket holder and I see a bunch of people on the board and Fisk as the CEO who have done a fantastic job of saving this club. Fisk leaving is not the end of the world, we are not closing the doors at the end of the year as people on here are saying. A new CEO will be found to drive the club forward.

As for you Frenzy, you are nothing, you dont even support the club. How many games you gone to this year?

If you want to know about Cuthbo, just ask him. He is a nice kid and was embarrassed himself about the $200k headline in the paper.

Inferno

Coach
I reckon 200k is over the duration over his contract. 2 years = 100k.

As I said before it was no different from the Tele claiming Jake Friend was on 500k.

Of course people are hearing things.

It's spin time. The things heard before he left carry more weight than the arse covering things people will hear after he has announced he will leave.

People are in overdrive right now, this minute, down at Sharkies making sure arses are covered and reputations don't get too damaged.

Didn't say when I heard them.

To be honest when I heard bag things about Fisk I didn't pay much attention.

Interesting now though.

Latest posts