What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is all forgiven with steve clarke now?

Vince

Juniors
No, we still hate him. He gave us a break tonight, lets see it season long. Then I may forgive him for taking offence to what happened at Mecca/Kogarah.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
We got a ridiculous amount of favorably ridiculous calls.

Imagine the blow ups if it had gone the other way.

We won. Our intensity in defence was good again. Other than that it was pretty standard, but we would have lost that game at the start of the year.

Ribs

Bench
Lucky...... very lucky but maybe we're about square now after those ten calls....

mxlegend99

Referee
Now the Dragons fans can love him, and Penrith fans can hate him.

Apparently we aren't allowed to make any sort of attempt to tackle the player without being penalised.

Southernsaint

Staff member
No - he will never be forgiven for ruining St George's last ever game at Jubilee. I hate him and wish it was me that sent through the death threats.

Where's that bucket??

grandorient

Bench
H'mm

Methinks someone further up the totem pole has had a word or two, to Mr Clarke.

Other than that, I thought the officiating at the match was the most disgraceful I have witnessed this year. We didn't deserve to win last night, and may I say it, it was the officiating, the ref and touch judges that got us home.

I really can't believe some of the calls and we went out there with a completely indifferent mindset. I hate to say it, we only won because of the refs.

GO

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I totally agree that the refereeing was up the clacker. But that happens and I'm happy to take the win. Just as I won't blame the ref when we it goes the other way lose games, which has happened plenty of times.

Rule of thumb is that good teams beat bad refs.

Nevertheless, the Penrith no try was the correct decision. There was no way Clarke could have seen that as anything other than offside. Its extraordinary that this is viewed as 'a big call going Saints way' when the fact is Clarke was just doing his job properly for once.

Syren

Juniors
I didnt think Penrith had much left in the tank but we got a big helping hand from the refs. I dont like games been decided on refereeing decisions, I just hope officials dont ruin games.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
what exactly was i selling?
A certain product that's in demand amongst mushroom growers.

dallymessenger said:
are you saying only the true supporters were at the game last night?
No I didn't say that. Detecting sarcasm not one of your strong points? :lol:

I'm just looking forward to the day when you find a fourth team to support.

Its obvious the refs in the NRL are making a mockery of some games, and last night was a classic example.

But do you really think the Penrith no try was a 'big call' that went Saints way? To think Clark helped Saints for merely doing his job for once is something I think an opposition supporter would say.

A certain product that's in demand amongst mushroom growers.

No I didn't say that. Detecting sarcasm not one of your strong points? :lol:

I'm just looking forward to the day when you find a fourth team to support.

Its obvious the refs in the NRL are making a mockery of some games, and last night was a classic example.

But do you really think the Penrith no try was a 'big call' that went Saints way? To think Clark helped Saints for merely doing his job for once is something I think an opposition supporter would say.

i just think the 2 calls that went saints way by clarke were maybe to even up the call in the parra game and previous stuff.

FYI just spent $200 bucks on saints gear. rebel auburn has retro jerseys (1979) at $95 and the 1965 as well.

addidas across the road has saints stuff like a jacket and training jersey at 40% off.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
i just think the 2 calls that went saints way by clarke were maybe to even up the call in the parra game and previous stuff.
Did you even watch the no-try incident? The Penrith player was clearly offside. How can that it be a 'pay back' from Clark when he made the correct ruling?

FFS, the bloke has been hammering us for years. One match where he did the right thing doesn't change anything.
dallymessenger said:
FYI just spent $200 bucks on saints gear. rebel auburn has retro jerseys (1979) at $95 and the 1965 as well.

addidas across the road has saints stuff like a jacket and training jersey at 40% off.
Good for you.

But I think you forgot to mention that you've also been reading lots of books in case someone asks questions.

Last edited:

bazookabarry

Juniors
:?worst refereeing iv'e ever seen, all dragons fans should buy a lotto ticket asap.
maybe clark felt he owed us one?:?

Dragon_psa

First Grade
I'm sure he was lulling us and the powers that be at the NRL into a false sense of security so he can get a gig in one of our games at the business end of the season in order to f**k us over in a match that matters.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Oh it goes much deep than that PSA.

He's gonna infiltrate our HQ, get a club envelope, send himself a cheque for $1000 forged with Doust's signature, & tell the NRL that he was paid off, sacrificing his career in the process of our destruction.

Quite admirable really.