What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Barrett our worst ever major signing?

feeding frenzy

Juniors
they lost the best player in the world which was there go to man who provided all there points. And from seasons gone by the sharks havent relied on kimmorley as much as the knights relied on andrew for example last year in the semi final against melbourne were we did rely on kimmorley and he was unable to provide any decent service throughout the game. Buster was the unsung hero for the sharks last yeay which i fell majorty of people on this forum would agree.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Go nulla mate redback is really starting to piss me of by tainting this forum with pure rubbish.

Redback has no idea for the last 4 weeks he has been posting he has baged allmost everything to do with the sharks yet he has yet to back any thing up with some relevant information. its easy to start a thread saying barret is our worst buy? ricky is the worst coach? but in all these useless post he has made he hasnt backed it up with any decent reasons for these statements or a way the sharks could improve going forward. f**k i wish there was an ignore button on this forum.

There is. It's in your User CP. This might work though.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist

:)

squiddy

Juniors
Is Barrett our worst ever major signing ? - no Way

Corey f**king Hughes is - pi*** him off NOW !

Karl Filiga - Is up there
Ben Ross = $400k per year, which meant we signed him as the best prop in the game he didnt deliver.

So many put Kimmorley in here, how, he actually got us to the prelim final twice, considering we have never one a comp, thats a bloddy amazing effort, i will be interested to see how far Barrett gets us in his first year, 2002 Noddy had us 1 game from GF

EDGAR44

Juniors
Is Barrett our worst ever major signing ? - no Way

Corey f**king Hughes is - pi*** him off NOW !
I'm with you Squiddy, I think Barrett is a damn fine player that can pass and kick and put players through holes. The players running through holes are a bit sh*t!

feeding frenzy

Juniors
I'm with you Squiddy, I think Barrett is a damn fine player that can pass and kick and put players through holes. The players running through holes are a bit sh*t!

yes its like Michael schumacher driving a Hyundai excel in a F1 race no matter how good the driver is the car he is driving isnt good enough. that is the same equation with our backline not many can fun a decent line/angle.

EDGAR44

Juniors
At least Pomeroy didn't drop as much pill today. Hopefully he keeps the butter off his paws.

Last edited:

Fuddy

Juniors
We have got Barrett towards the end of the career - i still remember him single handledly beating us when we played Illawarra in the pouring rain at home many years ago. We lost and missed the semis because of it.

One thing many are forgetting is that the English League is not nearly as good as many claim - he's been there and is still trying to catch up with the change. I think he's going okay and will get better.

Ben Ross - apparently a terrific bloke but he's played so little football over the years that he is probably up there as one of our poorest signings.

I still remain stunned at the bagging Noddy cops - he was a limited footballer, but with de Gios was close to our best last year. I've met him a couple of times and he's a good guy, and he tried his heart out every week. Understand peoples frustration at him for lack of creativity but at least can we give the bloke some credit for competing, having a go and pride in the jumper.

millersnose

Post Whore
i think its a bit early to declare that signing barret was a mistake

but after the first few games we certainly are not yet getting value for money

carcharias

Immortal
to answer the question.

NO

Worst major signing was Anderson as coach....no question.He fugged the team completely.
I had a very bad feeling about the sharks future when I watched Preston get punted to hooker and then the reserves.
I went to watch the clubs greatest ever attacking player be wasted in front of about 1000 people at Henson park.

All because of Anderson .
Dumbest bloke to ever coach anything at any level.

Since 73

First Grade
Josh hannay was diabolical.

George Roper paid a coupla K for the guy but could've got him for a pie and coke per game as not one other club was interested after he'd been on the market for 6 months.

But the worst ever?
Can't go past what Carch said.

Anderson achieved what he set out to do.
Change the culture of the club.
He achieved this by getting rid of the most potent attacking player in the game and replacing him with his stooge from Melbourne.

Only in the past few weeks are we finally beginning to see some semblence of the ET days. Peach and Rat's free running - and playmakers who have the ability to use the width of the field to attack.

Latest posts