What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Carney worth the trouble?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rumours are abound he's going to get sacked.

With us being linked to nearly everyone, would he be worth the trouble?

Could Sheens straighten him out?

Just throwing it out there for discussion.

Mascot Tiger

Juniors
I certainly think he is. The roosters for years now have been all known as party boys and the club has often swept things under the rug. Also i dont think Brian Smith or Noyce cant control the players.

I can only imagine what him at number 7 would be like along with benji. I think we would be unbeatable, In saying that i think the NRL wouldnt allow him to sign for anyone this year but if he is available next year i would surely go after him. Probably get him on the cheap as well

gronkathon

First Grade
At the end of the day he is a 5/8 and we have a better one.

He failed at fullback in tthe same areas Moltzen does.

He is a poor defender and fades in and out of games alot.

If we didnt have Benji than yes but as it stands probably not

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Given that he MUST be aware he is on his last legs in terms of career.

It would make sense to offer him something incentive based.

I would love it.

Having said that - it would be on a one strike and your out policy.

The only risk is whether HE would have a negative impact on the rest of the team.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
He seems to be a hopeless alcoholic who once had some talent as a footballer. Will bring nothing but drama to the club. No way.

nyx

Juniors
If the Roosters sack Carney I'm pretty sure the NRL will stop him signing with another NRL club and de-register him.

super_coach

First Grade
When the chooks signed him, I said its like a bloke with a drinking problem getting a job in a bottle shop.

I would take him but its a risk, its the sponsors you have to please, so really they should be asked what they think. We have a pretty good name to protect

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah I thought about this for the same selfish reasons with my Bronx losing a 5/8. But I think he is a great player when he WANTS to be. Last year was that ONLY time... This year yeah injury and blah blah 100 excuses has kept him from really shining. Roosters wont sack him -they are in enough trouble and the fact they have NO hope again this year of making the finals you're gonna see them drop back as a 'pub team'.

Don't believe all the media hype about potentially sacking him IMO...

jmmyo81

Juniors
Roosters wont sack him, the only thing they would be upset about is that the taxi driver and any other witnesses dobbed him in and they couldn't cover this one up.
If they did sack him im pretty sure they would want some kind of confirmation from the nrl that he would be de registered so that he couldnt play for another team any time soon.
Personally i dont think he is worth it, he was great last year but carries far too much risk !
I hope he is sacked, no one deserves that many chances after continually throwing it away and making fools of the hierarchy giving him those chances

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I would take him in a heartbeat. He's plays halfback and has a great kicking game.

When you look at it in the scheme of things what exactly has he done so wrong? He got in the car after a night out and thought he was ok to drive & now he had a few beers with his mates when he wasn't supposed to. He looks ok in the pictures and nobody has said he acted appropriately. He shouldn't be thrown on the scrap heap for that, surely.

Having said all this the Roosters will not let him go. They would not let him go to another NRL side and he will not get a visa to play in the ESL.

TroopyF

Juniors
If we didn't have Benji, for sure.
I'd be surprised if the chooks sack him. They'll talk tough for Gallop and the sponsors then flog him with a feather.......again.

jadtiger

Juniors
He seems to be a hopeless alcoholic who once had some talent as a footballer. Will bring nothing but drama to the club. No way.

Spot on he would be a liability at the club we have a lot of good young players coming through the club.We dont need his malignant influence on them

Guvner

First Grade
Any side that signs him needs their head read. The NRL should finally do what should have been done when Canberra sacked him and de register him. Carney couldnt give a rats about anyone or anything including himself. He would be a dud signing for any club. Divisive among the playing group and disrespectful towards management. Even Bennett wouldnt take him on when he had the chance for us.

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
I would take him in a heartbeat. He's plays halfback and has a great kicking game.

When you look at it in the scheme of things what exactly has he done so wrong? He got in the car after a night out and thought he was ok to drive & now he had a few beers with his mates when he wasn't supposed to. He looks ok in the pictures and nobody has said he acted appropriately. He shouldn't be thrown on the scrap heap for that, surely.

Having said all this the Roosters will not let him go. They would not let him go to another NRL side and he will not get a visa to play in the ESL.

He's a shit halfback and last thing you guys need is 2 5/8's

Love to have him here. Bunk him down with Chris Lawrence and let him learn something about desire and discipline and work ethic.