What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is George having a tantrum?

Chook

First Grade
Let Souths implode...who friggin cares anymore?

I'm sick to death of this crap taking up space in the papers when we could be talking football.

George Piggins is a walking talking advertisement for compulsory euthanasia!

Chook.

gaterooze

Bench
If there were a re-vote right now, I bet a lot of those who supported Piggins would change their vote to "Yes."

Mr Saab

Referee
Souths are the joke of the league because of George.
Whether it is 75.8% as it was 2 weeksago, or 73% on a recount...the majority of people havee spoken.
George said he would walk away and thats what he should do.
The Souths dramas are becoming as boring as reading about the SL war 1995-1997

Kelly Patrol said:
Souths havent heard the last of Piggins.
The biggest step forward, and the first step should be to get George and Co on the same side but it may never happen.

I beleive that severing the ties with Souths Leagues is the best way forward. Relocate to the Central Coast and they don't have to bother with George & Co. The deal they have with Telstra is turning into custard. It will be interesting to see what the crowd figures are like when the play out of town teams.

Added to this the uncertainty of Souths Juniors funding the Seniors due to changes in the tax-free status.

It's almost predictable that PHAC will be proposing a move to the CC to the members. Given his ability to sway people I think he would be the best person to win the votes for relocation.

innsaneink

Referee
Chook said:
Let Souths implode...who friggin cares anymore?

I'm sick to death of this crap taking up space in the papers when we could be talking football.

George Piggins is a walking talking advertisement for compulsory euthanasia!

Chook.
Mmmm...the "Days of our lives" saga starring Sticky, Cwaig and Wing Snr is much more entertaining eh?

"MY SON IS HUMILIATED!!"- Wing Snr

Wing- "I felt like walking out!."

Stuart - "That sort of journalism is very similar to the journalism in tennis, where you've got nothing to write about so they ring up Damir Dokic. Waaaah waaah!

People - Stop connecting Souths with Piggins. It's simple. He has no role at the FC and anything he says he does so as a 'leader of the opposition'

Piggins - Joke of the League,

Souths - Finally on the right track.

Choppies

Coach
innsaneink said:
Mmmm...the "Days of our lives" saga starring Sticky, Cwaig and Wing Snr is much more entertaining eh?

Stuart - "That sort of journalism is very similar to the journalism in tennis, where you've got nothing to write about so they ring up Damir Dokic. Waaaah waaah!

WOW 3 articles compared to Souths how many over the years?

MattJ

Juniors
RabbitohHighlightMaker said:
People - Stop connecting Souths with Piggins. It's simple. He has no role at the FC and anything he says he does so as a 'leader of the opposition'

Piggins - Joke of the League,

Souths - Finally on the right track.

Well said mate, Im as sick of reading about my club in the papers as everyone else is, and its all mainly because of 1 man who has no formal position at the football club anyway.
If only journalists would make this connection and stop chasing him for a bit of controversy, maybe we could all have a break from the rabbitohs in the press for a while, ffs, we all need it.
It should be noted that the vote was never about George, it was about privatisation, George put his own head on the chopping block and said if it gets up, he'll walk away..... Henry morris was the "supposed" leader of the no faction. Well the results came in, henry accepted it and walked away and George is carrying on about recounts and legal action.
For the sake of souths fans, and the newspaper readers of NSW, can you please piss off George?

Brutus

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Souths are the joke of the league because of George.
Whether it is 75.8% as it was 2 weeksago, or 73% on a recount...the majority of people havee spoken.
George said he would walk away and thats what he should do.
The Souths dramas are becoming as boring as reading about the SL war 1995-1997

I thought reading about the Super League war was bloody interesting. The future of the game I love was at stake. There were plenty of reasons to be concerned with that.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Could teh Holmes a court led Sth's open a new Leagues club and cut all ties with the existing one? Given the tax man's damming report of how little of the current leagues club's money actually gets spent on football surely Sth's would have a good case to argue for the current leagues club to be stripped of its link and a new one opened with 75% of all profit going to RL?

Chook

First Grade
innsaneink said:

Poor old pathetic ink and his opportunistic comparisons, lol. And as far as Wing Snr goes, well once a stupid Soufs man, always a stupid Soufs man.

Chook.

Even though I am not a Souths fan - I used to have a lot of respect for George Piggins.

But he and his ideas have become increasingly shambolic - and he is now just an embarrassment. To South Sydney, to Rugby League and to himself.

He needs to gather up the tattered remains of his dignity here - along with his petticoat tails- and just wakl away. As he has threatened to do, what?...50 or 60 times now?

Just go George - it's over. It really is - and you've lost I'm afraid.

Nobody I think, takes him seriously in the slightest any more. I know I certainly don't.

It's all rather sad, really.

Chook said:

once a stupid Soufs man, always a stupid Soufs man.

Chook.

:lol: It's your damn club that's buying them all!!!

So if that makes 'Soufs' stupid - then I shudder to think what that makes the Roosters.

Enjoy Anasta now!...Or as he will soon be known - 'Finchy #2' :)

ngap

Juniors
Perth Red said:
Could teh Holmes a court led Sth's open a new Leagues club and cut all ties with the existing one? Given the tax man's damming report of how little of the current leagues club's money actually gets spent on football surely Sth's would have a good case to argue for the current leagues club to be stripped of its link and a new one opened with 75% of all profit going to RL?

South Juniors is a different club to Souths Leagues, which are both different to Souths Football.

The ATO investigated Souths Juniors which George has nothing to do with, like the Football club has nothing to do with George.

Nonny1980

Juniors
There are great war time leaders and great peace time leaders. George was great in one and horrible in the other.

Chook

First Grade
Bring Back the Spliff said:
:lol: It's your damn club that's buying them all!!!

So if that makes 'Soufs' stupid - then I shudder to think what that makes the Roosters.

Enjoy Anasta now!...Or as he will soon be known - 'Finchy #2' :)

LMAO - Hegarty, Cusack, Minichello, Webb, Rigon, McDougall, dear oh dear, you really need to think before talking.

Chook.