What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is he sinking the ship?????

Cooper-Man

Bench
Just wonderig what everyones opinion is on this topic.

I think brown is filthy about not getting resigned and wants to sink the place before he leaves. My reasons for this are,

1. He is destroying the two best centres in the world by not ensuring they receive quality ball, so he has moved one of them to fullback in defence. ( I always remember Gaz as being a decent defender).
2. He is giving Ryles a free tun on his dicipline. Ryles gave away a silly penalty last night by abusing the Ref. Seriously, though he is running hard and making yards, I think he needs some time off to thing about his attitude.
3. He brought back Josh morris. And Josh did what he does best. Drop ball in crucial times.
3. He played hornby at hooker the whole game.

These are just small points, im sure there is many more.

To be honest, I dont think its the players fault anymore. I think he is miss coaching them intentionally. I think he wants to leave the team in a bad way so bennett has a hard time when he comes in.

In my opinion, i think he needs to leave or be asked to leave so we can have a decent run to the Semis. I think it needs to be done now before its too late.

Opinions anyone.

big pat

Coach
brown is very loyal st george man, he just cant get the best out of his players,i dont think some players can execute his plans,this is where bennett will kick guys in the arse for not doing what he wants,you would think some of these players would lift themselves if they want to be around next year, but know they keep playing like crap,imo they also lack leadership around the park.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
It wouldn't surprise me if that was why we were playing so bad. But it would be a hard pill to swallow if I found it to be true.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I doubt it very much. Saints have been a poorly coached side for some time now. Questionable positional changes are nothing new for this lot.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
what does make a coach, some that gets his point accross, browns not that man, hs a great development coach and thats were he should stay, he never coach fisrt grade again, i think mary should be coaching for the rest of the season

This Year?

Immortal
I think Brown's problem is he complicates things too much. They look like a very confused football team and when things get a bit tough for them they throw away the book.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Ridiculous post....

i don't blame you for searching for something to blame though. But to suggest Brown is 'sinking the ship' because he didn't get signed is stupid. He even said himself that the best advertisement for him is how the dragons go this year. If you watch the game back again, whilst we didn't attack well and lacked direction, you will see that the drop balls from Scott and Morris (and the pathetic goal line defence from morris) literally cost us the game. If the balls weren't dropped, the cowboys would not score. That means we win. SIMPLE. Hornby is our best dummy half by a million miles. It's unfortunate that he's also our best fullback. Our team is not blessed with options and talent, therefore Brown has no choice.

Gaba

First Grade
Brownie has done and is doing a good job, in his plans he has specified what to be done and how to do it, but the players are letting his plans down by not obeying or executing them.

i PERSONALLY GIVE BROWNIE A 8.5 OUT OF 10, IN GAME PLANS

xofstgeorge

Juniors
Brownie has done and is doing a good job, in his plans he has specified what to be done and how to do it, but the players are letting his plans down by not obeying or executing them.

Thanks for your input nath...:roll:

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade

all i saw all night was put up the bomb and hope for the best, all we do is bloody kick, call that a game plan

Ridiculous post....

i don't blame you for searching for something to blame though. But to suggest Brown is 'sinking the ship' because he didn't get signed is stupid. He even said himself that the best advertisement for him is how the dragons go this year. If you watch the game back again, whilst we didn't attack well and lacked direction, you will see that the drop balls from Scott and Morris (and the pathetic goal line defence from morris) literally cost us the game. If the balls weren't dropped, the cowboys would not score. That means we win. SIMPLE. Hornby is our best dummy half by a million miles. It's unfortunate that he's also our best fullback. Our team is not blessed with options and talent, therefore Brown has no choice.

Agree with this on many points.

Silly post.

The only thing I blame Brown for is picking J.Morris.

J Morris worst player/biggest liability in the NRL. (Even my Victorian missus commented "Oh that guy again, why is that bloke still getting a game?" Out of the mouth of big-breasted babes...

When he's not knocking on in pivotal points in the game, or amazing everyone with his staggering goal-line defence, his running side-ways out of dummy-half for zero metres gain. Fuc% him off now!!

Scott is rubbish. Hits the line like a wet rag and drops way too much ball.

I thought Gaz at Fullback was alright. His defence hasn't been good lately and at least having him back there gives him a chance to run it back through broken play. I think his couple of runs last night were the first I had seen in ages. Leave him there for a while I say.

Hornby at Dummy-half was ok.

Our problems are these as I see it.

1.Dropped ball - Morris. Just leave. Go now. :BDH: :x Scott is no good. Give someone else a go.

2.Poor leadership - Soward is playing ok but with no real direction. Kicking too early in the count. Some of Hornby's dead ball grubbers were just rubbish.

All of this leads to low confidence and more mistakes.

If you look at the break-down of last nights stats you would see that we are not that bad. Less errors, less missed tackles, even the penalties were in our favour. But it is the timing of these stupid mistakes and idiotic refereeing decisions (last night's game) at CRUCIAL points in the game that costs us.

I was so dissapointed when I saw that Morris had been included when I thought he wasn't playing, and he killed us again. The only positive that could have come out of last night is that surely he could not be picked again.

We can still make the finals. I can't see us losing too many players to SOO anyway.

Cooper-Man

Bench
Probably is a sill post. I just feel like we are not improving at all in attack. I mean, we are not getting smashed and havent been smashed all season.But we are making to many errors and I feel like, any other coach would have addressed these already. We seem very lost in attack. We have all the build up and it amounts to nothing.

I guess like everyone, Im just frustrated and want to find an answer by blaming someone.:?

Knights01

Juniors
Basically in my opinion the boys are falling down in the 'basics'... how can Brownie make sure that passes get passed to the right person let alone to their hands (not head, knee, ankle or worse still - ground)...

I think this comes down to attitude... you think they would all be busting their guts to impress Wayne (the apparent saviour), however is it the opposite - are playes simply 'tuning' Brownie out - don't care what he says...

This team has always had the the ability - I don't think Nathan would be tanking games on purpose... well at least I hope not!!!

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
what ever happend to quick play the ball and having props settle and quick dummy halves scooting from dummy half and sattering the defence, not much of that going on as well

mightydragon

Juniors
Brownie is still one of the boys to most of the players, which is a good thing but conflicts with his role as the coach hence the need for change. The team are not getting the basic skills right and Brownie can't do it for them. You can only lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Bennett will be the boss next year and hopefully we will see results. Brown can't be crucified for players actions once they hit the field.

Dave Q

Coach
Brown doesnt want to lose, thats ridiculous, but his face can be saved if he's asked to leave quietly.

Get a fresh guy in to have a go, someone who wont be expected to achieve anything.

With the pressure off, you might go all the way.

Browny has done more right than wrong, the kind thing to do is to tap him on the shoulder.

Not let him do badly in his last season. Thats the cruel way. That just justifies his sacking.

After the next miraculous win, prod hard. Let him be able to say to his grandkids " Actually, at the time I left, we were turning the corner, I was going OK, I just felt it was better for the club that the players freshened up for Benny"

Hes red V forever. Never forget that. People like him in clubland, they are hard to find and should be treasured.

My view is that the decline of Saints cant be laid at his feet anyway. Anyone who truly believes that the players have done all the things that he asked them to do, they need counselling.

Brown doesnt want to lose, thats ridiculous, but his face can be saved if he's asked to leave quietly.

Get a fresh guy in to have a go, someone who wont be expected to achieve anything.

With the pressure off, you might go all the way.

Browny has done more right than wrong, the kind thing to do is to tap him on the shoulder.

Not let him do badly in his last season. Thats the cruel way. That just justifies his sacking.

After the next miraculous win, prod hard. Let him be able to say to his grandkids " Actually, at the time I left, we were turning the corner, I was going OK, I just felt it was better for the club that the players freshened up for Benny"

Hes red V forever. Never forget that. People like him in clubland, they are hard to find and should be treasured.

My view is that the decline of Saints cant be laid at his feet anyway. Anyone who truly believes that the players have done all the things that he asked them to do, they need counselling.

f**k off back down your rabbit hole, you bleedin' heart blow rag.

I have read the rubbish that Dave Q(ueer) spouts about his own sub-standard team with the "stand tall" and "fart loud, positively.. " crap that he blows.

He is a sh!t talker. That's fine for him and the "Bunnies". While He and his loser Bunny mates were planning protest marches with celebrities that no one likes i.e: Ray "f**kwt" Martin and Marty "not funny" Robbins, Saints were busy losing Grand Finals. Yeah, We lost 'em but we there.

It's hurts to talk about them. It hurts to talk of them but we do, because we know that even though we have lost many (5 in my life time) There will be many more premiershios to come.

This "Rabbit" should worry about his own puss-filled warren.