What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it a bird, is it a plane, no it's .....

roopy

Referee
Patterson

Must be a childhood spent playing AFL that lets you fly above the pack like that.

Mark of the week.

Another thing i've been noticing about Patto for years - he bangs conversions over from the sidelines like shelling peas - but 10 in from the sidelines and he is no sure bet at all. Not sure what the story with that is.

keeney

First Grade
Perhaps he gets complacent. I noticed today what you meant about him using his power to just belt em in a straight line from the sideline. Great to watch.

macavity

Referee
he almost reminds me of Mal Meninga toe-poking them in....

I love chupa-chup
(he has a huge head)

roopy

Referee
keeney said:
Perhaps he gets complacent. I noticed today what you meant about him using his power to just belt em in a straight line from the sideline. Great to watch.

Yeah, none of this curving them through the sticks business - he just lines em up and bangs em.

roopy

Referee
Here is an interesting question - who gets Patto for SOO.

It is supposed to go on where you played your first senior game - and i'm pretty sure that was WA when he was 16 or so. (as a fullback)

roopy said:

It is supposed to go on where you played your first senior game - and i'm pretty sure that was WA when he was 16 or so. (as a fullback)

Maybe he should step up to the camera, fold his arms and declare the Knights his first senior club.

BTW, I thought this thread was going to be a laugh about McManus' 5" vertical leap! :lol:

chinorocks

Juniors
roopy said:

Couple of weeks ago Mark Geyer picked a NSW team for 2012 in RLW, and he had Patto in it. Don't know if he based that on fact tho.

fred_knight

Juniors
He played great, whats his contract status? Is he sgined with us 4 a while, hope so...really great performance and that try was excellent..what about his defence, put on sum massive hits last night 2...has sum speed as well

Ben

Bench
That mark was soomething special. He really has the makings of an all round footballer:

Can step through traffic
Can run over traffic
Has a great offload
Can certainly jump
Is big and mobile

and plus, he is a goal kicker.

Risa

Bench
Says on the Knights player profiles that he is only signed till the end of the year. They'd better be working on getting him a contract very soon!

Pumba

First Grade
Yep Re-Signed till the end of 2009 earlier this year.

Paterson Re-Signs

Thursday, March 15, 2007 - Newcastle Knights

The Newcastle Knights are proud to announce outstanding junior, Cory Paterson has agreed to terms with the club until at least the end of the 2009 season.

A former Australian Schoolboy and New South Wales Under 19 representative, Paterson has impressed Brian Smith and the Knights coaching staff throughout the pre-season and was a standout in the trial matches against the Panthers and the Sharks.

“Cory is one of the club’s brightest future prospects,” said Knights Operations Manager, Stephen Crowe.

“He was a member of last year’s Minor Premiership Jersey Flegg side and has continued his great form in our two trial matches and is on track to make his first grade debut.”

Perth-raised Paterson was first spotted as a fullback representing Western Australia at the Australian Schoolboy Championships and was awarded a Knights scholarship.

He relocated to Newcastle as a 15-year-old to play SG Ball in 2004 and has been earmarked from the outset by Brian Smith as a future NRL star.
Source: http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/absolutenm/templates/mediareleases.asp?articleid=1024&zoneid=1