What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is it me or is it so so obvious ?

_Johnsy

Referee
Surely the club would use u2/greendays song the saints are coming in ads for 2007, or when running on the field.

Surely:crazy:

Southernsaint

Staff member
_Johnsy said:
Surely the club would use u2/greendays song the saints are coming in ads for 2007, or when running on the field.

I reckon it is a bit obvious and naff, to be honest...

Nothing exudes class like the Space Odessy / Rick Flair music at the start of each game!!

_Johnsy

Referee
Maybe so, however I think it is an option for our tv advertising campaign. On a side note what is the relevance to the Space odyssey theme music. I have mates who are supporters of other clubs and think it is an absolute joke. Surely it has some link or relevance ?

drake

First Grade
I agree with Johnsy, be a nice fire up song.

Start with the Imperial waltz from Star Wars, the go into the chorus of the Saints are coming.

If you think the Greenday and U2 version is 'naff'; run with the old Skids version.

dragondad

First Grade
_Johnsy said:

I was just thinking that a few weeks ago and would love it :)

God-King Dean

Immortal
I don't like the song that much. But f*ck me... it's better than that sh*tty music they usually play when they come out... it's the fricken 2000's maaan.

It would definitly go down well in TV ad campains.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Yeah, don't like the song much but it would definately suit the team.

I'm for it.

Dragooner

Bench
It would be a great song. I quite like the song and it'd be great. I hate the bloody "when the saints go marchin in" that they play at the moment.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Saint Dragon said:
It would be a great song. I quite like the song and it'd be great. I hate the bloody "when the saints go marchin in" that they play at the moment.

Blasphemy!

Burn him/her at the stake!

Dragooner

Bench
Burn me cause I hate "when the saints go marchin in" or because I like the song "The Saints are Coming"???

dragondad

First Grade
I like the song "when the saints go marching in" ... however I don't like the version the club made.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Saint Dragon said:
Burn me cause I hate "when the saints go marchin in" or because I like the song "The Saints are Coming"???

Sarcasm about you not liking 'When the Saints go marching in.'

Should have included a smiley to accentuate it. Apologies.

Henceforth, I shall include :crazy: in any post that has sarcasm contained.

Although I do agree, the club version tends to stink like an after-grog-bog.

Father Ted

First Grade
Saint Dragon said:
I hate the bloody "when the saints go marchin in" that they play at the moment.

You should be marched out to one of the goal posts at Oki Jubilee , given a blind fold and a last smoke and then shot ..

Agreed that "The Saints are comin" is more suited to an ad campaign than for running out on the field.

"When The Saints Go Marching In" should always be our run-on song. Not the happy trumpet version, nor the one Homer sings to Lisa, but the old-school male choir version that sounds like it from the 1920's.

_Johnsy

Referee
To me "when the saints go marching in" should be kept for THAT occassion. I for one cant think of anything better than being at the Olympic stadium in early october singing with 90,000 others.

Southernsaint

Staff member
AFL keep their traditions far better than footy.

I like how they sing their old school team songs after each victory and how it comes out over the ground's PA system.

We've got a nuffy telling us "Come on Dragons fans!!"

Southernsaint said:
AFL keep their traditions far better than footy.

I like how they sing their old school team songs after each victory and how it comes out over the ground's PA system.

We've got a nuffy telling us "Come on Dragons fans!!"

I used to think so too, untill I actually heard some of the songs live.

Purge dirge.

The Preacher

First Grade
Bring back John Fifita said:
Agreed that "The Saints are comin" is more suited to an ad campaign than for running out on the field.

"When The Saints Go Marching In" should always be our run-on song. Not the happy trumpet version, nor the one Homer sings to Lisa, but the old-school male choir version that sounds like it from the 1920's.

Agree 100%. Stick to the "old time" version for when the side takes the field.:D

Dragooner

Bench
Godz Illa said:
Agreed. Either that or sent to purgatory to support the Sharks.

NO! I'd much rather be shot!:lol:

It's not the song itself I hate, it's the version they play. It really gives me the sh*ts! To me it sounds sort of pussy. Take the Bulldogs (scum) for example. They play 'who let the dog's out' when they come on to the field and that really makes an impact. Unlike the 'when the saints go marching in'. Change the style of the song, to a more COME ON version.