What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it okay to be bi-codal?

Are you bi-codal?

• NRL Only

Votes: 92 36.7%
  • NRL + A-League

Votes: 53 21.1%
  • NRL + AFL

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • NRL + Rugby Union

Votes: 46 18.3%
  • NRL + AFL + A-League + Union (complete sport whore)

Votes: 41 16.3%

• Total voters

azza29

Juniors
It would be embarrassing if the AFL match had a higher attendance than the NRL one.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, Collingwood fans travel better than any other Victorian team. I would expect at least 20k to be at ANZ on Friday nights. Easy to get the day off if you don't have a job... :D

Guzzler

Juniors
If it wasnt Collingwood then it wouldnt.... but they are just plain NUTS

65K is an awesome for an NRL GAME.....it'll be a great atmosphere either way

On the Grill Team this morning they mentioned that Collingwood had about 30,000 fans coming up from Victoria, Not sure how accurate that is but if trues that's insane

The Eagle

Juniors
NRL,RU INTERNATIONAL ONLY, NFL and the occasional game of NHL, also cricket but only the Ashes,T20 but my favourite format is 50 over

Sackyhack

Juniors
I occasionally get bi-codal-curious, but have quickly found out that RL is for me.

But I don't discrimate others for their preferences; some of my best friends are homo-codal!

eozsmiles

Bench
I don't follow AFL but I know that if the Swans win the comp then Eddie Mac will lose his sh!t. So for that reason alone I will support the Swannies this weekend by checking the score on twitter at least once. That will probably be enough for the AFL to count me as a junior player or participant.

It's fine to be bi-codal. Or tri-codal. Do whatever you want on the weekends. I don't give a sh!t what you do and neither should anyone else.

Just don't where a basketball cap with an NFL shirt. It looks stupid.

Band On The Run

Juniors
Follow four sports passionately:

Rugby League (NRL - Broncos), (SoO - Maroons), (Intl - Kangaroos)
Aussie Rules (AFL - Lions)
Football (A-League - Brisbane Roar), (EPL - Everton), (Intl - Australia)
Cricket (Sheffield Shield - Bulls), (Intl - Australia)

I honestly don't get the AFL hate, but I can definitely understand the hate towards some of the AFL only fans on BigFooty.

Also like watching basketball but don't follow a team since the Bullets folded. I don't support any NBA team except whoever is playing the Heat or Lakers (can't stand them).

Don't really like Union but if someone asked me who I went for I'd say Reds and Wallabies. American Football confuses me, but willing to give it more of a go. Don't like baseball, bastardisation of cricket IMO. Never watched Gaelic Football or Hurling but willing to give it a go one day.

Equestrian is the most boring sport IMO.

What about someone like myself, who grew up in Melbourne in an AFL mad family, and followed AFL religiously until about 15 when I developed an appreciation of other codes, and a love for RL? Should I just give up the sport I grew up passionately supporting because I've become interested in another code? STFU.

I can appreciate AFL is a difficult sport to get into if you haven't grown up with it, so I would never force it on anybody. But the fact remains for Victorians, South & West Australians, we have grown up on the sport and it is to us what RL is to you. Why can't people accept that?

People in Victoria criticise the Rugby codes because its players just run in a straight line bashing into tacklers repeatedly (that's how I actually viewed it at first as well). Once you understand and develop an appreciation for the sport, it's clear that it's so much more. I'm not suggesting you go watch AFL, but maybe understand that it isn't so black and white. Your views on AFL completely match Victorians' views on NRL - you're all as stubborn as each other!

Well said :thumn

Who decides whether a sport is good or not? its a matter of opinion. The only way i can see of ranking sports against each other is by their popularity, and even that doesnt really work.

Very well said :thumn

Another "Victorian" here... :roll:

I've grown up in an AFL family, but have given other sports a fair go. I'm glad I did.

I'm now one of those sports whores that supports any Melbourne team in a national league. Although I have only taken out memberships for Carlton, Melbourne Storm, Victory and the Rebels (the big 4 you could say).

I do get to some games for the Ice (Ice hockey), Tigers (NBL) (I was a South Dragons fan), Bushrangers (Cricket). And am keen to get to a few Netball, Water polo, Hockey and Baseball games in the near future.

But contrary to popular belief there is a lot of general interest in the Storm in Melbourne, walking in the city after a game you get around 20 people actively asking how they went... It seems that the hate for an opposition code is somewhat concentrated on the "rival code" forums such as this one and BigFooty.

There is room for many sports in Australia, there's 23 professional teams in Melbourne alone, in 11 different sports. (22 in Sydney).

There's no point hating a sport with a passion, I've noticed some (unjustified) fearmongering amongst the NRL media about an AFL takeover. I've always believed that ignoring a so called "threat" sends a bigger message than to give it air time...

If I'm guilty for liking AFL and League equally, then so be it. Each to their own, I'm very happy not being insular. I'm just glad that the NRL gave me a chance to follow my own team in 1998, where before that I only had a minor interest in league.

Well said although you have a dodgy choice of teams (Carlton and Storm :thumbd:)

Started watching Rugby first, have gradually switched codes over the years to League.

Still watch Rugby, but I can give or take. Veered away from it over the years for political reasons, can't stomach the general toffery of Rugby people, these days the Rugby I do watch is predominately NZ and SA rugby, professional and provincial, I don't mind either way. I watch a lot of Currie Cup when that rolls round.

Like the NFL also, watch a bit of that, but I'm not really immersed in the competition in the same way, I'll just flick on the odd game when I can find the time.

Used to like boxing but boxing is dead to me now. I'd probably like MMA from the little I've seen, but I could say the same for hockey or basketball or any number of sports, I just don't have the f**king time to be frank.

alien

Referee
yes its ok to be bi-codal. believe it or not more than 1 major sport can survive in a city

Bumble

First Grade
I especially don't get the A-League hate from people on here. It doesn't overlap with the NRL season at all ffs.

Cletus

First Grade
I especially don't get the A-League hate from people on here. It doesn't overlap with the NRL season at all ffs.

Who hates the A League? Just because people haven't heard of Del Piero doesn't mean they gate it.

aads

Juniors
I watch NFL when the NRL isn't on - i like contact sports not androtrop ball

I like ice hockey too a little - basically anything that isn't played by people taking dives

Ads

Red Bear

Referee
Rugby League and cricket are the two sports i like most

Also big Liverpool fan.

Follow Essendon in AFL but a pretty vague interest these days, gotten sick of AFL last few years

Dont really like rugby, esp super 15, but quite enjoy the ITM Cup.

Like the mighty Chicago Cubs in baseball as well. Other American sports are shit though

The only other Australian domestic league I follow is the nbl. I'll keep basically any sport on or watch a game I have an interest in (eg the comedic value of gws).

love football leagues around the world.
Enjoy American college sports
Love the NBA
Don't mind me a bitta the pack in the NFL
Hate baseball but follow the brewers through obligation
Eurobasketball is awesome
Obviously I love cricket in season

All in all union + afl + baseball suck

Latest posts