What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it okay to be bi-codal?

Are you bi-codal?

• NRL Only

Votes: 92 36.7%
  • NRL + A-League

Votes: 53 21.1%
  • NRL + AFL

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • NRL + Rugby Union

Votes: 46 18.3%
  • NRL + AFL + A-League + Union (complete sport whore)

Votes: 41 16.3%

• Total voters

Jobdog

Live Update Team
RE: the "A-League is shit" debate. If people keep on comparing it to the EPL of course it's always going to be perceived as shit. What's wrong with just treating it as it is and stop with the comparisons?

God-King Dean

Immortal
We should ban bi-codals from this forum.

Where do we draw the line?

Next thing you know they'll allow marriage to animals.

RE: the "A-League is shit" debate. If people keep on comparing it to the EPL of course it's always going to be perceived as shit. What's wrong with just treating it as it is and stop with the comparisons?

The A-League can be compared to the EPL in the sense that it is plastic and manufactured with no soul.

docbrown

Coach
Of course it's okay to be bi-codal.

But it's not like you should automatically be forced to be either. I find it amusing that AFL fans say that we should all follow a fumbleball team just because it's a game that came from Melbourne (depending on which origin story you believe). It's such stupid logic. Not everything that comes from this country is brilliant, AFL clearly being one of the more embarrassing. :lol:

And you can dislike a sport simply because it's f**king stupid (see the AFL as an example).

Also if somebody dislikes a sport other than rugby league don't get your knickers in a twist about it. It's a rugby league forum. The only stipulation should be that you like rugby league and that you aren't a f**kwit troll trying to trash the game.

It's not a "we should all hold hands and love every sport and sing Kumbaya" forum.

Jamberoo

Juniors
My family has a RL background, but living in Melbourne, I prefer the passion of following AFL with friends / workmates.
Used to to follow Parra, then Steelers when they came in, then when they merged, got on Storm.
However, I have only been to the odd Storm games since they moved to the new stadium - too expensive for decent seats, and I preferred the atmosphere of Olympic Park.
In fact what had kept me interested in NRL was that going to games until very recently was so old school. The AFL got rid of all the suburban grounds in the 1980s, so I loved going to WIN, Parra, Olympic Park. Now the NRL is copying the AFL with everything, crowds will increase but playing in stadiums only 1/3 full is rubbish.
I would love it if NRL was as big here as AFL is in Sydney - it is hard to find anyone to go to matches with and there is no atmosphere at AAMI with 12K in a 31K stadium.
Now I watch NRL on TV, go to SOO, go to every Hawthorn AFL match.
No time for RU or soccer.

Lambretta

First Grade
But as somebody that loves 'sockah', I can't stand the A-League snobbery in this country. The standard of the league has increased every year since its inception, and yet the crowds continue to dwindle. Immensely frustrating.

Hey Bumble

I will be going with some friends to a Sydney FC game this year (with a visit to the Local Taphouse on the way)

If I remember I'll send you a PM before we go. We can meet for a beer and catch a game where we hopefully will be supporting the same team!

League, NFL and occasionally soccer (mostly champions league and internationals)

Hate the Wallabies with a passion because I find the Wallaby fan base to be the most ignorant and arrogant in the world (of any sport)

I don't care for AFL though I do play fantasy AFL since it quite statistical (I love sport statitics ... which is how I got into the most statitical sport on the planet - baseball) but I find AFL to be extremely boring to watch.

***MH***

Bench
Interesting year where the Victorians have a team in the NRL Grand Final and NSW have a team in the AFL Grand Final.

Latest posts