What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it racist to cheer against the Indigenous team?

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Justin O'neill (Vanuatu)
Akuila Uate (Fiji)
Benji Marshall (Maori)
Feleti Mateo (Tongan)
Willie Mason (Tongan)
James Tamou (Maori)
Jarryd Hayne (Fiji)
SKD (Maori)
Shaun Johnson (Laotian)
Robbie Farah (Lebanese)

Definitely not black vs white, over half the NRL All Stars team are minorities.

And to answer the OP, if you are anglo you are racist and a cronulla riot southern cross tat wearing bogan and you should cease to exist on this aborigine land.

Black, power!

john13

Juniors
Difficult Question this one, I'm pretty much a neutral, I didn't care who won as long it's a great game for the fans of Rugby League to watch

WayneBennett

Juniors
I just have reservations.

A good litmus test i feel is to flip the concept upside down. Would it be ok if there was a Whites only team espousing empirical views and celebrating white culture ? ( if there is such a thing ).

Dont think it would be ok , so why is the current concept ok ?

Meth

Staff member
I cheered for the Indigenous because Tamou was on the other team. I turned it off when Rose was penalized. League is becoming more and more farcical.

@MarTiger

Juniors
You show your hand more so if you believe this is a "black vs white" game. What rubbish! And I will give everyone the tip: this game will be played long after we're all gone. Open your minds to what this game stands for and all the good it does for not only rugby league, but the communities it touches the week leading up to the game. Lower your damn expectations as to what you're going to get from this game! It's a trial! To borrow from our USA friends, it's an exhibition!

kdalymc

Bench
Said it in the other thread- it should be NRL vs ESL.
Perhaps indigenous vs Maori as an opener.
But maybe not, giving one race a whole team is racial segregation at its finest.
Let indigenous play with "us" in NRL all stars, wouldn't that be a bigger/better move then having a whole team of one race...
They call it bridging the gap but alll this game does is cause a huuuuuuge gap...

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I cheer for the NRL All Stars.

I like the NRL vs ESL idea but they start their comp earlier and it would be hard to organise.

I think just bring back the 7s and play the event over a Friday and Saturday with the final on 8:30 Saturday night.

But in a twist make the teams not NRL teams and the rest change it up. Maybe the fans select the captains of 16 teams and the captains draft their teams.

Top 16 voted players are the captains.

Canard

Immortal
I cheer for the NRL All Stars.

I like the NRL vs ESL idea but they start their comp earlier and it would be hard to organise.

I'm not sure a combined Aus/Kiwi test side with the some of the cream of UK talent vs Monners and the balance of the England side would have the draw you think.

Let alone the competition of a decent game.

Latest posts