What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Jarryd Hayne really an awful footballer or is he...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Playing out of position.

As a Manly fan you would have seen him carve you guys up from fullback over the last couple of years.

Engine

Juniors
As much as I hate him, he is one of the most gifted players in the NRL. If you take skills and physical attributes and put them together, he is the most gifted player in the nrl.
In the head department (which is where it counts), he is below the average nrl player.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Top 4 in the game along with Benjamin Marshall, Jonathan Thuston and Cameron Smith. Now that's a spine.

The problem for Jarryd is that he is expected to do absolutely everything in attack, an impossible task in a team game. Even Joey Johns had assistance in his career from the likes of his brother, O'Davis and buderus.

Look at JT, his game and the fortunes of the cowboys have rocketed since Bowen's return whilst Smith has always had Slater and Cronk by his side. Benji has had Farrah.

The arrival of Lucky Sandow should give hayne some relief and conversely the dominant hands of his fanboys none.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He's not fat but I'd put him in the Inglis category. Only really able to fire a couple of times a year but ultimately doesn't have the right attitude to be truly great.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Hes not as lazy as Inglis I think he puts in but he just does dumb things at times. Over plays his hand perhaps.

DC_fan

Coach
For me he is overrated, but thats not Haynes problem. Thats more to do with those idiots in the media who pretend to be experts.

No doubt Hayne has ability, but he only plays to that level when he wants to. Which is about 5 minutes every couple of games. He is a show pony who wants to look good everytime he touches the ball. A good example of this was that no try a few weeks back.

No way in the world is he one of the Top 5 players in the game. I probably wouldn't rank him in the top 10.

DC_fan

Coach
Top 4 in the game along with Benjamin Marshall, Jonathan Thuston and Cameron Smith.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Every forum has its commedian. With a statement like this it appears you are the one here.

Latest posts