What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Latrell Mitchell overrated?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 94 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 16.1%

• Total voters

Maximus

Coach
Game over for Souths. Latrell barred from playing tonight.

Souths probably cbf going through the legal process so this story will blow over. But it's going to bite another club on the arse in 2025 make no mistake.

Nah just like the May decision, they will never do this again. They will find some other way to f**k up instead.

Fangs

Coach
Nah just like the May decision, they will never do this again. They will find some other way to f**k up instead.

As silly as that would be its the best outcome.

A legal fight is worse. Playing Latrell tonight would be worse as well. Best to sweep this one under the rug.

yobbo84

Coach
If Souths don't, at the very least, publicly defend the integrity of Dr Andrew McDonald, then Solly has lost the plot.

The NRL cannot question his judgement in that regard. Pure and simple.

There would be 50 players playing NRL over the next few weeks, who, if they saw a Doctor, the Doctor would not recommend them playing. There would be a high number of players on very very minimal training loads this time of year.

It is a complete farce.

But, again, this is all a massive distraction from the real issue here...

SINCE WHEN DO PLAYERS HAVE TO BE FIT TO SERVE A SUSPENSION?!

Apey

Staff member
SINCE WHEN DO PLAYERS HAVE TO BE FIT TO SERVE A SUSPENSION?!
It's pretty clear the NRL want to distinguish between on-field and off-field related suspensions, rightly or wrongly. Because the former situation isn't that uncommon.

Has this situation come up before? That is, an injured player suspended for an off-field incident. I cbf reading through the thread again to see if some have been mentioned.

soc123_au

Staff member
It's pretty clear the NRL want to distinguish between on-field and off-field related suspensions, rightly or wrongly. Because the former situation isn't that uncommon.

Has this situation come up before? That is, an injured player suspended for an off-field incident. I cbf reading through the thread again to see if some have been mentioned.
Closest I recall is YAM, suspended for off field but allowed to play out the year before serving the suspension. Does his ACL next game and missed the full year anyway. In theory should have missed games at the beginning of this year if injury negates the suspension.

I get the idea behind what the NRL are doing here, but they have messed it up so bad. Still think Souffs are being dicks about it and the look is that they are condoning Latrell being the boss.

It all plays into the narrative as Souths and Latrell as victim. People shouldn’t have pictured Latrell. Deciding if he is fit or not is unfair.

For what it is worth, the NRL is also in the wrong here. Picking when and if suspensions occur based on the importance of games is a slippery slope (and yes, I know that Penrith benefited from that with May, but I think the league should have suspended him straight away, not wait a week till the eve of the finals to announce he would serve his suspension the next year).

Vee

First Grade
Closest I recall is YAM, suspended for off field but allowed to play out the year before serving the suspension. Does his ACL next game and missed the full year anyway. In theory should have missed games at the beginning of this year if injury negates the suspension.

I get the idea behind what the NRL are doing here, but they have messed it up so bad. Still think Souffs are being dicks about it and the look is that they are condoning Latrell being the boss.
Who is YAM? I keep seeing references to him.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If souths had a chance of making the finals, do you think he would have been ruled out for the season?
Good question and it's too hard to answer. We obviously can't know the state of the injury. Which actually changes my opinion on the whole thing because how else can we proceed if we have to take a guess on whether he's fit or not? Is he fit if he's 70% and would have played if Souths were in the finals race? You'd have to say yes

Latest posts