What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2025

Nutz

Bench
Aaccording to the
Just wondering where we sit players on guaranteed contracts (not developmental or train and trial) for next year. It already feels like we are over 30 players, but I'm not sure.

We may run into trouble registering them. However, the storm seems fine doing it so there's a precedent there.

I wonder what the rule is if we are over 30 come the start of next season, and players we may not want such as AD, Sullivan, and Bateman, can't find new homes? Is it last person to sign a contract is shown the door?

Of course, we may be under 30 and there'd be no problem.
According to the official NRL site we sit at 30 without Bird or Horsey. This is based on contracts that effect 2025.
I think players like Tumeth who has an option to go..will go.
The list indicates development players but where it says NRL that indicates they are in the top 30 for that year.
I think we may have to wait till November before everything shakes out which includes signings and farewells.

Tigerm

Coach
For 25, we have:
1. Doueihi
2. Twal
3. Seyfarth
4. Api
5. Tumeth
6. Naden
7. Staines
8. Klemmer
9. Pole
10. Bula
11. Luai
12. Sullivan
13. Skelton
14. Bateman
15. Miller
16. Feledy
17. Matamua
18. Olam
19. Galvin
20. L Fainu
21. Hunt
22. Sa Fainu
23. To’a
24. Tito
25. TDS
26. Fagatua
27. K Laulilii
28. Saukura
29. Sukkar
*30. Bird
*31. Horshack
*32. Hetherington
**33. Si Fainu
**34. L Laulilii

* rumoured signings
** not resigned

So 4 to go?
Who?

Tiger05

First Grade
All the talent in the world with a unless coach equals failure ... Just ask Broncos 2024

It's a massive concern.

I wouldn't sack him simply because that hasn't worked in the past but geez I hope he has the ability to learn from his mistakes and surround himself with people with skills that he doesn't have.

I think he is good at getting along with the players and maybe good at helping out with recruitment but tactically I think he is useless.

Tiger05

First Grade
For 25, we have:
1. Doueihi
2. Twal
3. Seyfarth
4. Api
5. Tumeth
6. Naden
7. Staines
8. Klemmer
9. Pole
10. Bula
11. Luai
12. Sullivan
13. Skelton
14. Bateman
15. Miller
16. Feledy
17. Matamua
18. Olam
19. Galvin
20. L Fainu
21. Hunt
22. Sa Fainu
23. To’a
24. Tito
25. TDS
26. Fagatua
27. K Laulilii
28. Saukura
29. Sukkar
*30. Bird
*31. Horshack
*32. Hetherington
**33. Si Fainu
**34. L Laulilii

* rumoured signings
** not resigned

So 4 to go?
Who?

Bateman appears to be gone.

I think the club would also like to get rid of:-

Jayden Sullivan
Brent Naden
Brandon Tumeth

The club also signed Doueihi for next year which astounds me with it's stupidity. On a minimum contract for 1 year he is fine but not in the context of our lack of roster spots.

Naden actually offers a bit as well (mostly in reserves) and I'd happily keep him even though he'd be better off on a cup contract.