What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Manly still our Bitch?

Cagey Mac

Bench
I know we’ve been playing on occasion like Rsus and that “Fortress Brookvale” is looking impregnable but surely
SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Matai, Jamie Lyon, David Williams, Steve Menzies, Matt Orford ©, Brent Kite, Matt Ballin, Josh Perry, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Luke Williamson
Interchange: Heath L'Estrange, Glenn Hall, Adam Cuthbertson, Mark Bryant, Nick Bradley-Qalilawa (1 player to be omitted)
Coach: Des Hasler

Doesn’t look that impregnable
It would mean that we've beaten the top four I'd back the Roosters to murder this lot
Bring it on!!!

I know we’ve been playing on occasion like Rsus and that “Fortress Brookvale” is looking impregnable but surely
SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Matai, Jamie Lyon, David Williams, Steve Menzies, Matt Orford ©, Brent Kite, Matt Ballin, Josh Perry, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Luke Williamson
Interchange: Heath L'Estrange, Glenn Hall, Adam Cuthbertson, Mark Bryant, Nick Bradley-Qalilawa (1 player to be omitted)
Coach: Des Hasler
Doesn’t look that impregnable
It would mean that we've beaten the top four I'd back the Roosters to murder this lot
Bring it on!!!

I have a simple answer for you - HEART!!

Manly never have the best team on paper but the word 'heart' is just not in the Dragons vocab. Matai is no Gasnier, but his heart is twice as big...shall I continue?

Magic Dragon

Juniors
lets not forget wev'e had some of our best wins and greatest comebacks against Manly. If I remember correctly I think we made a galant comeback albeit not to win in our last match last year at brooky.
If we can win this I might just think there is a little hope for this season.

Steel Dragon

Bench
As of the end of round 10 - the top 4 teams:

1. Titans (Defeated)
2. Sea Eagles (Play Dragons this Friday)
3. Roosters (Defeated)
4. Storm (Defeated)

Eagles dont stand a chance....

Oooh, yeah, these She-Eagles know exactly what time it is.

This is where we turn it around.

Total 80 minutes of pressure. We haven't done it yet and this is the weekend for it.

Ryles will be all riled up after watching the SOO and run through What-Shmoe(?) like a murky Madras.

Fire Up boys!!

gregstar

Referee
for christ's sake!

why start these threads that inevitably end with scraping sh*t off your face?

Gaba

First Grade
lets not forget wev'e had some of our best wins and greatest comebacks against Manly. If I remember correctly I think we made a galant comeback albeit not to win in our last match last year at brooky.

And that was steve clarke'e final game as referee, he had to go out as a winner

Mr Red

First Grade
As of the end of round 10 - the top 4 teams:

1. Titans (Defeated)
2. Sea Eagles (Play Dragons this Friday)
3. Roosters (Defeated)
4. Storm (Defeated)

Eagles dont stand a chance....

hmmmm... lets not get carried away and count the Melbourne game as a true defeat of Melbourne...

Cagey Mac

Bench
for christ's sake!

Man imagine he hit golf ball in water
Man hit golf ball in water

I walked home from our '94 0-61 loss. I think it was one of Choc's first games
Tony Mundine was standing not far from me
By the time I got home I had convinced myself that we could win next week

We have beaten Manly repeatedly at the fortress of late and I reckon on paper that we stack up pretty well

Oh and lastly I live in Forestville and work in Brookvale 9 out of 10 are Seaeagles supporters. I'll be wearing my Dragons gear on Saturday, win lose or draw on Friday night and sh*t doesn't stick to a Dragons supporter

big pat

Coach
stick to your guns cagey,if you support a team then you must think they can win,otherwise whats the point,i saw manly's game last week and they were no more impressive than us, so fire up st george lets have a win for the good guys.

Slackboy72

Coach
for christ's sake!

Because they're supporters of their club and don't care how much ridicule supporting their club brings them. It's what supporters do.

Steel Dragon

Bench
hmmmm... lets not get carried away and count the Melbourne game as a true defeat of Melbourne...

I know what you mean - but its not like the history books will mark an asterisk next to the score, or it changes the ladder.
If anything - it shows that Melbourne has a lack of depth, and STGID has quite a bit.

Hopefully we can make a mess of a few more teams then play Storm again and prove that we can do it when theyre full strength.
Beating Manly this Fri will make a good start!

I've talked up the Dragons before only to have it come back to bite me.

Always have. Always will.

No big deal.

Just makes it sweeter when we do put it all together.

All that said, I genuinely think we will beat Manly.

"They all hate us, We don't care..."

OurRedV

Juniors
round11.png