What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Nathan Brown the second most overrated coach ever?

Well, is he?

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • No, Ricky Stuart is first and second

Votes: 41 66.1%

• Total voters

King hit

Coach
Harsh considering the Knights team he has coached is the one Bennett screwed over. They have gotten better and he has signed good players.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Seems to get a free pass from the media doesn’t he. I know they’ve had a couple of injuries but they look like a ISP Cup team.

Not sure Nathan is that great a coach tbf.

He’s definitely getting a free “ride” because everyone feels sorry for us.
Nothing has improved since he has taken over.
Our defense is getting worst if anything.
While our attack is pretty much the same/clueless except Brown has added “throw the ball to ponga” this season.
If you look at a side like the Tigers.. their roster is just as bad but at least they look like they are being coached.
I wished we got Ivan instead instead sigh

wibble

Bench
He’s definitely getting a free “ride” because everyone feels sorry for us.
Nothing has improved since he has taken over.
Our defense is getting worst if anything.
While our attack is pretty much the same/clueless except Brown has added “throw the ball to ponga” this season.
If you look at a side like the Tigers.. their roster is just as bad but at least they look like they are being coached.
I wished we got Ivan instead instead sigh

I was in the "feel sorry for Brown" camp.

But the Knights were seriously bad today and it was a worrying sign that without Pearce they look about as poor as they have the last 3 seasons.

They were much better at the start of this year, and losing your main playmaker is harsh, but Cleary is really showing up the other coaches who inherited poor squads, and Brown has had a few years to improve.

He is definitely starting to look a bit out of his depth

Lambretta

First Grade
Newcastle Knights injuries

Mitchell Pearce (pectoral, round 18-22)
Jacob Saifiti (shoulder, round 23)

Brock Lamb (cheekbone, round 15)
Tautau Moga (knee, season)
Nick Meaney (ankle, round 13)

It's not just losing Pearce, but Brock Lamb as well (and Moga to a much lesser degree)
There aren't many teams who would fare too well with both their starting halves missing

Take Cronk and Keary out of the Roosters, Thurston and Morgan from the Cowboys, Hunt and Widdop from the Dragons and I doubt they'd win many games either.

adamkungl

Immortal
Harsh.
Fringe 8 was always gonna be the ceiling for Knights this season.
They have obviously improved since last year, though yesterday was pretty much bang on 2016 Knights.

9-12th should be considered a pass result this year with finals absolutely necessary for Brown next year.
If they fall below 12th then it's time to start asking serious questions. Interesting game vs Parra this week.

Knights bought too many outsiders into the club. Guys that don't bleed red and blue. For the knights to get back to their best they need to have a team full of local boys.

Surely the guys who won in 2001 have all had kids by now and those kids are ready for first grade?

Latest posts