What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Nathan Brown the second most overrated coach ever?

Well, is he?

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • No, Ricky Stuart is first and second

Votes: 41 66.1%

• Total voters

macavity

Referee
Newcastle Knights injuries

Mitchell Pearce (pectoral, round 18-22)
Jacob Saifiti (shoulder, round 23)
Brock Lamb (cheekbone, round 15)
Tautau Moga (knee, season)
Nick Meaney (ankle, round 13)

It's not just losing Pearce, but Brock Lamb as well (and Moga to a much lesser degree)
There aren't many teams who would fare too well with both their starting halves missing

Take Cronk and Keary out of the Roosters, Thurston and Morgan from the Cowboys, Hunt and Widdop from the Dragons and I doubt they'd win many games either.

Brock Lamb isn't our starting half - unless you mean NSW Cup.

Travitoh

First Grade

It's not just losing Pearce, but Brock Lamb as well (and Moga to a much lesser degree)
There aren't many teams who would fare too well with both their starting halves missing

Take Cronk and Keary out of the Roosters, Thurston and Morgan from the Cowboys, Hunt and Widdop from the Dragons and I doubt they'd win many games either.

Connor Watson is the first choice at 6 and even Jack Cogger had been preferred at times ahead of Lamb.
But don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Lambretta

First Grade
Connor Watson is the first choice at 6 and even Jack Cogger had been preferred at times ahead of Lamb.
But don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

I thought Brock had started and Watson was coming off the bench
If that's not the case, my bad

Frederick

Staff member

Brock lamb being injured is a good thing. His first grade career will be short and unmemorable

Lambretta

First Grade
Brock lamb being injured is a good thing. His first grade career will be short and unmemorable

I will forever remember him as being a NSW prospect talked up by Matty Johns................
Along with the other 7,000 people in the same category whose names I can't remember

blaza88z

Coach
So how long do they give him?

He could milk the f**k out of the board and get a good 5-6 years as head coach and keep playing the "we just don't have the cattle" card, I don't think he's actually said that publicly but I am sure that's what he is thinking when he brings in signings from other clubs and they suffer long-term injuries

Frederick

Staff member
So how long do they give him?

He could milk the f**k out of the board and get a good 5-6 years as head coach and keep playing the "we just don't have the cattle" card, I don't think he's actually said that publicly but I am sure that's what he is thinking when he brings in signings from other clubs and they suffer long-term injuries
The club's new owners, West's, aren't stupid. They're the most successful club in the Newcastle rugby league. If the results aren't there, they'll do everything they can to turn it around, including changing coaches if need be. That's the very reason they're looking to sign brown to an open ended contract. It means that if he gets the team firing he can continue to be the coach, but if the team continues to perform poorly then they can pretty easily get rid of Brown without having to worry about messy contract situations (ala Bulldogs with des)

T-Boon

Coach
Lamb was progressing well last season. Very good skill.
I think he could go to England and come back like Blake Green.