What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Nathan Brown the second most overrated coach ever?

Well, is he?

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • No, Ricky Stuart is first and second

Votes: 41 66.1%

• Total voters

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
In the battle of the Baldies last night this fraud got done over by Brad f**king Arthur ffs.

But he's still a good bloke, right?

nick87

Coach
AOB f**king sucks man... i f**king hope he stays there forever. He and Brown, my god, what a tight race for this poll

Last edited:
Is nathan brown overrated? Let’s go through his strengths and weaknesses

Coaching weaknesses
Took a stacked Dragons team to 0 premierships
Took Newcastle to multiple spoons
Conceded 70 at the warriors

coaching strengths
Slapping players
Making penis jokes

Clearly a top tier coach

Floodwaters

Juniors
He took on two shit jobs.

Knights after Bennett and NZ Warriors after Kearney.

Pre Knights Record

Dragons 53%
Huddersfield Giants 58%
St Helens 63%

Good numbers all round, all he had to do was bide his time for a good job to come up, with those numbers he'd be a front runner for most jobs, like Barrett rushed into the first available job and killed his career.

Rabbit toes

First Grade

Pre Knights Record

Dragons 53%
Huddersfield Giants 58%
St Helens 63%

Good numbers all round, all he had to do was bide his time for a good job to come up, with those numbers he'd be a front runner for most jobs, like Barrett rushed into the first available job and killed his career.
Hi Mrs Brown 👋

edabomb

First Grade
Brown not committing to a move to NZ.

Lol. When even Nathan Brown, who will struggle to get a gig coaching Junee Thirds after this, won't commit to you then you know you're a terrible club.

Signing Brown as a coach in 2020. Who would have seen this ending badly.

Campion

Juniors

Pre Knights Record

Dragons 53%
Huddersfield Giants 58%
St Helens 63%

You can't go off the Superleague records in my opinion. St Helens are always good regardless of coach (maybe the best resourced club? I don't know... but it's been the case since the 1990s). He may have done alright with the Huddersfield but you've gotta think 'right what does that mean in terms of teams he beat?' Basically, Wakefield, Leigh, Hull KR, North Wales Ballsacks, and equivalent -- the point is you can have a good record just because half of superleague is just dire.