What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Nicho Hynes overrated?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

Someone2

Bench
Nrl had to change the Dally M voting after Hynes won it because the realised what a joke it was becoming

MKCS

Juniors
I thin he is one of the most overrated players in the comp, a few posters have said he'd be great with less pressure and a half to take responsibility from him but when you're paying a million dollars a season for a player you want a player that can kind of do it all.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I thin he is one of the most overrated players in the comp, a few posters have said he'd be great with less pressure and a half to take responsibility from him but when you're paying a million dollars a season for a player you want a player that can kind of do it all.
I've said this before - what is happening now is 100% on Cronulla. They took the punt on Hynes as a halve without any knowledge of how he'd go, because presumably they didn't feel they were going to be able to buy/attract/develop anything else. Nicho Hynes is really all he was going to be - someone with the running ability to expose average defenses, but not with the all-round game to be an elite level NRL halve. And probably never will be.

Bazal

Post Whore
I've said this before - what is happening now is 100% on Cronulla. They took the punt on Hynes as a halve without any knowledge of how he'd go, because presumably they didn't feel they were going to be able to buy/attract/develop anything else. Nicho Hynes is really all he was going to be - someone with the running ability to expose average defenses, but not with the all-round game to be an elite level NRL halve. And probably never will be.

Absolutely. But also, tbh, it's on the coach for continuing the plan just because he's a highly paid player.

Like, there's nothing wrong with your five eighth being the star half? Get a steady organising 7 on 400k and let Hynes loose, I guarantee they'd look much better in attack. Maybe they e finally come around to that with Trindall if they can keep him

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Absolutely. But also, tbh, it's on the coach for continuing the plan just because he's a highly paid player.

Like, there's nothing wrong with your five eighth being the star half? Get a steady organising 7 on 400k and let Hynes loose, I guarantee they'd look much better in attack. Maybe they e finally come around to that with Trindall if they can keep him
It's a hard one, right? I'd put him back to fullback, because he's proven to be an elite NRL player there. If you do get that journeyman 7 like a late-career Blake Green (for example) on 400k, is that going to suffice with Trindall/Kennedy/Brailey in your spine? Or Hynes/Kennedy/Brailey/steady 7, where does that leave you?

I don't necessarily think Fitzy keeps Hynes there because he's on a mill a year. I think he genuinely thinks or hopes he can become a quality 7, because that's the best shot at a premiership with the cattle he has presently.

Latest posts