What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Reece OK?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Watching the game, yesterday he looked in bad shape.

Did not seem to cop a huge knock to melon but behaved liked he did.

Then the commentators said he had suffered from migraines all week.

The poor bloke fell over getting back in line then was taken off not to return

Is the poor fella allright?

I sincerely hope it is not another Ritson type thing.

diggity

Juniors
Not sure about Saturday night but saw Reece leaving Sutherland Hospital Emergency department at 9pm Sunday night. He still looked a little dazed....

Not sure that I would be playing him next week...concussion is serious, and the season is gone.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I get the feeling we have seen he last of Reece for this season. Hopefully not forever.

carcharias

Immortal
Not sure about Saturday night but saw Reece leaving Sutherland Hospital Emergency department at 9pm Sunday night. He still looked a little dazed....

Not sure that I would be playing him next week...concussion is serious, and the season is gone.

did he look like this?

00002904_Image.jpeg

Quigs

Immortal
Bruised brain aparently.
I had one of those before, no long term effects.
What??? Who asked you!!! STFU!

Haven't you been around for some time Reef.

Its not What??? Who asked you!!! STFU

The answer is always three fingers.

As in how many fingers am I holding up?

That answer kept me on the paddock many a time whilst in a daized and confused state. Lock in three fingers my friend.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Crikey just read that on Reece.

Hope he comes good quickly, and f**k the rest of this year. Health is numero onu.

If we have the same run of luck next year as we have had this year then someones dog is going to get a real good kickin'

Mark my words

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Eion

First Grade
I've never seen a season like this - shocking asia. It sounds like Reese may have had the brain bruising / clot for some time before the game (severe headaches at training...). At least it's found now and he can be looked after properly.

wattsy32

Juniors
Wow. What a shock, get better soon Reece

Can we call the season end now? Goodness me!

Hope to god that Mini has a shocker for the rooters on Sunday, go the tigers!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
the hits keep comin.

is this what Mark Wakefield had?

haha, sorta. Amongst other things.

A bruised brain is exactly that. a bleeder in the brain. It clots like any other bruise but should go away. I went down once in a game backwards & my head whipped onto the ground which was like concrete at the time(david hooks for an extreme case) I saw the video & it was bad. I got straight up & I was gonski holding my head & wobbling & walking in circles. I did not not get knocked out. Apparently I watched the rest of the game from the sideline after trying to play on for 5 minutes & started running in the wrong directions & talking to the spectators. All on video. Funnys shyte. Anyway an hour or so later i started vomiting on the way to the party that I had organised that afternoon with the team. Took me to hospital & apparently i was in a bad way. That was a Sunday afternoon. I came to on the Tuesday around lunch time sitting up in bed completely conscious using the nurses cord as a speed ball punching it. I became distressed when I asked the guy next to me how long i had been doing that & he said all of today & most of yesterday.
To this day the last thing i can remember is training on the Thursday afternoon, doing bags & speedball) & then waking up on Tuesday morning doing speed ball.
It still freaks me out a bit as I was in my prime in those days & I would have went out Fri & sat night for sure.

RgSharks

Juniors
I don't really care about the season when it comes to things like this.
Hope he makes a full recovery soon.

carcharias

Immortal
I got knocked out once at footy and couldn't wank for a bout 3 weeks.
Everytime I tried I got massive headaches.

alls good now though.

Eion

First Grade
I got knocked out once at footy and couldn't wank for a bout 3 weeks.
Everytime I tried I got massive headaches.

alls good now though.
Pleased to hear it - you should just check again to make sure all is still OK.

Latest posts